The Spam!

GnGoons

The spam is insane! You couldnt ask a question if you needed to! NCSoft please put a spam filter on chat! If you post more then a certain amount say 10 times in 10 seconds a you get a 10 minute chat ban.... Something needs to be done about it.....

The Gold Spammers do get pretty bad at times and I can speak from personal experience on Hajoon. However, if you take a couple screenshots and send 'em to NCsoft in a ticket letting them know what is going on they WILL act on it. I have been doing this on a regular basis and they react each time. It isnt a permanent solution but its what we have for now. I just keep on doing my part like others are doing so NCsoft can inturn do there part more efficiently.  Nothing like screenshots with huge text walls of spam to get a GM's attention hehe.

That's actually a waste of time.  Spamming bots get their account banned they'll just make new ones.  It's not worth the time and effort of taking screenshots and send them to ncsoft.  Of course, ncsoft needs to take full responsibility on not implementing a feature to categorically stop spam bots before the epidemic began.  What end user can do is basically block the character name who's spamming, or turn of Region chat altogether.

24 minutes ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

We are aware of this issue and we are actively working on more solutions to it.

Umm, so you guys work in the MMO industry...

How do you release a game that is Free to Play in 2016, and not have more anti-gold seller provisions implemented ?

Seems extremely amateurish that on Friday the 15th there was no "report" button enabled.

Then we can only block 50 names ? 

No chat spam timer.

No proper bot detection.

Banning of paying players when Gold Sellers run rampant (See WTfast players from Australia).

How does NCSoft not understand its market.... i mean at all its like you guys just started doing MMOs, i know for a fact thats not true, but jeesh you guys look literally foolish.

Enmasse (Tera) has blocked the "www" so there are no spammers on there at all. NCsoft should incorporate something like that or give us unlimited blocks. 50 blocks is NOT enough! I have used all my blocks already in 2 days on spammers and I cant even "crickeeeeeetttttt" read the Faction chat anymore. It's really bad and is a major turn off.

Please fix.

On 1/20/2016 at 10:32 AM, Dradiinmmo said:

Umm, so you guys work in the MMO industry...

How do you release a game that is Free to Play in 2016, and not have more anti-gold seller provisions implemented ?

Seems extremely amateurish that on Friday the 15th there was no "report" button enabled.

Then we can only block 50 names ? 

No chat spam timer.

No proper bot detection.

Banning of paying players when Gold Sellers run rampant (See WTfast players from Australia).

How does NCSoft not understand its market.... i mean at all its like you guys just started doing MMOs, i know for a fact thats not true, but jeesh you guys look literally foolish.

i agree with u bro, they shud know that in a verry expected f2p game there will be allot of the spammers and the servers beeing full but wel, this tels about how experienced NCSoft are with the mmorpgs and they just wil say that they are tryng to come with a solution for spammers and servers beeing full...

This is not ok. I've seen spam problems in pretty much every MMO I've played, but the developers took care of it asap and it wasn't even an issue after a few days. I think the BIGGEST problem right now is the fact that I'm limited to 50 blocks. What the heck am I supposed to do after that? At the very least, give me unlimited blocking so I can just block them and move on with my day. So off putting -_-

Archived