Change game model from f2p to p2p.

Hitokiri

This will fix all queue, bot and ping problems. Not all but most. Or extend time for premium players and close servers for free players so premium users could distribute between all servers in calm. And after with new shedule you can fill servers with f2p players. Such servers like Mushin and Windrest from beginning were full with premium users and now thousands of free users want to play too, on this servers and dont forget about bot users, ofcourse they want to create their free bot armies on most populated servers.

Other way we will have such massacre with queue and forum spams for a long time.

this is same as every other mmo launch, the difference is GOOD mmo companies alleviate the overflow rather quickly in 1-2 days... i don't see that happening here which is causing more and more back up, as more and more people try the game out...whats going to happen is people will get fed up in a month or two and leave, because they dont want to deal with the hassle... fact is no grace period at all only complicates things when your game is buggy ...alot of crap i've seen so far makes me leery of investing anything into this game yet... bugs, crazy rng wheel of annoyance, and other small factors... like any good game if are to many barriers to playing it people will look elsewhere. 

Because making the game P2P is going to solve bots , LOL. You are either naive or new to the Multiplayer Gaming community. Haven't you seen that is going on on CS:GO ?

People buy a fresh copy of the game on purpose to use hacks , they will get banned eventually but they don't care they will just buy a new copy to hack and have fun. Do you really believe this won't happen then the game goes P2P especially then we are talking about bots , which means RL money ?

P2P in the era of 2016 , with the community getting used to league/dota2/smite/tera/aion F2P ? Unless you want another Aion situation , NCWest selling the rights to a 3rd company such as Gameforge because the game will be empty by then with the P2P model.

Obviously this guy has never play FFXIV online before. Even in a P2P, it's very common to see bots running around in a group tackling dungeon power levelling and gathering resources. Changing this to a P2P module ain't gonna stop the bot nor will it help the queue. Ping on the other hand, pretty sure that one is based on where you're playing from (I can be wrong on this though) but I'm playing from Malaysia and I'm constantly running on 35-60fps with 90-150ms. ( Low fps and ms when I'm in town or field with tons of people questing or flying around LOL)

P2P or F2P no matter which of the two and what game is, will always have bot, the botcontrol depends on the company and control system made by your team, play MMOsince 2003 and have never seen a game without BOT problem.
Honestly the game is already through P2P, as if to see everything in the game need tospend up to enter hauhauhau

Note :. Sorry my bad English.

9 minutes ago, 7rance90 said:

Obviously this guy has never play FFXIV online before. Even in a P2P, it's very common to see bots running around in a group tackling dungeon power levelling and gathering resources. Changing this to a P2P module ain't gonna stop the bot nor will it help the queue. Ping on the other hand, pretty sure that one is based on where you're playing from (I can be wrong on this though) but I'm playing from Malaysia and I'm constantly running on 35-60fps with 90-150ms. ( Low fps and ms when I'm in town or field with tons of people questing or flying around LOL)

Exactly. Also why should we request from a company to maintain some weak servers instead of improving them ? I doubt that  the game has even 1 million players and the servers are on fire meanwhile Dota2's or League's have +10 million and they are running just fine. We should demand and wait better infrastructure to support all of us , not lesser.

10 minutes ago, Phoenix4 said:

meanwhile Dota2's or League's have +10 million and they are running just fine.

Bad example, isolated 10 player games require a slightly different (arguebly more flexible and easier to maintain) infrastructure.

1 minute ago, nCrazed said:

Bad example, isolated 10 player games require a slightly different (arguebly more flexible and easier to maintain) infrastructure.

Actually it was a pretty good example since League by itself has 12million users per day and West's BnS barely has 100k users (according to stats which were leaked 2 days ago) and can't withstand the pressure. It doesn't matter if its MMOvsMOBA the numbers speak by themselves.

Also MMORPG hard to maintain/less flexible ? GW2 even patches with no downtime , it's all about tech. If they didn't use ancient one like they do right now there would be no problems.

3 hours ago, Hitokiri said:

This will fix all queue, bot and ping problems. Not all but most. Or extend time for premium players and close servers for free players so premium users could distribute between all servers in calm. And after with new shedule you can fill servers with f2p players. Such servers like Mushin and Windrest from beginning were full with premium users and now thousands of free users want to play too, on this servers and dont forget about bot users, ofcourse they want to create their free bot armies on most populated servers.

Other way we will have such massacre with queue and forum spams for a long time.

You underestimate the hype this game has no matter what model. Lot's of people have been waiting and are wanting in.

You also ignore most Sub based games have the same bot and gold spamming. So bad you always hear about major companies trying to fight it like WoW etc..

Sounds like another entitled wallet warrior who cries at every hiccup. Go F self :)

This idea would completely kill new customers with friends already playing. One of the main ideas of F2P is attracting new customers by giving them a chance to look at the game. This is boosted by friends who already play. What should they say? "Hey, wanna try BnS? My main is on Mushin, so you have to play alone on another server as your account will be F2P".

It's just bad management if they sell Premium packages and nevertheless you have to wait 2h. I'm no tekkie, but someone explained that every company could buy additional capacities to tackle game launches with high crowding. Oh well..

If most online games are f2p instead of p2p nowadays is because f2p formula works really good, they won't change it because of few rages in a forum.

What I mean is f2p model is more profitable moneywise than p2p.

At the end its a limited game that you can try for free, paying does remove some of the limitations. Much better than risking a p2p model where you have to 1st pay then play

As others have said P2P will not fix this issue, there were already gold spammers on headstart on the low populated servers.  They will either buy more accounts and try to recoup their money or they will just hijack other players accounts.  What I would like to see is some in-game patrolling of some sort because I see the same bots spamming for hours at a time.   

3 minutes ago, Critizin said:

as a day 1 first hour headstarter and now a max level i cant tell you there was no gold spammers for the headstart until the last day. 

So keep ur lies to ur self.

Do not know if your talking to me, but gold seller as any point in the head start means they either bought a founders package or managed to take someones account.  Saying that they were there on the last day of head starts proves it wasnt a lie.  Also it wasnt just the last day they were there on on the second day on Juwol. 

4 hours ago, Hitokiri said:

hahah "fix bots"...Korean version is P2P and has tons of bots even on ARENA watch jaesung stream sometimes he fights vs a bot.Queue is not problem ;=) PIng not problem get better isp/PC.

9 minutes ago, Glub said:

Do not know if your talking to me, but gold seller as any point in the head start means they either bought a founders package or managed to take someones account.  Saying that they were there on the last day of head starts proves it wasnt a lie.  Also it wasnt just the last day they were there on on the second day on Juwol. 

no gold sellers on poharan 2nd most populated server until last night around 4 am.

1 hour ago, pingal1ty said:

If most online games are f2p instead of p2p nowadays is because f2p formula works really good, they won't change it because of few rages in a forum.

What I mean is f2p model is more profitable moneywise than p2p.

At the end its a limited game that you can try for free, paying does remove some of the limitations. Much better than risking a p2p model where you have to 1st pay then play

Blade and Soul is a p2p game and always was in its homeland, South Korea. Played there from Beta. Chinese f2p formula destroyed their servers in half a year. Bunch of freeloaders, every second player bot, to keep players online they started to sell legendary weapons so did almost the p2w system. Lineage 2 here, middle cost of top clan character is $20 000 - $25 000,  $20 000 - $25 000 Karl! Without $5 000 - $6 000 a year u will be owned like last noob every siege. And do you wanna know why? Because of the f2p model that was folowed by p2w. Same was in Aion. Same sh... will happen here in half a year. Blade and soul is a limited game for free? Free players get almost everything like premium players. No difference, full end game content.

The difference is that you can keep no responsibilities. Cheat, bot, insult players in game chat, insult players on forums (look above), get ban, create new account or use one of 1000 u made and continue. Player that pays $50-$150 will do all this? No if ofcourse he is not a billionaire. And in the end everything will end like on chinese servers, those who has money will buy legendary weapons and kick you like football from one server corner to another and all those fanboys, like from this topic, will cry, weep, play the woman and spam this poor forum about unfair life and bad NCSoft. Like fanboys always do. Now, they cry about queue and about that they want more for free. I know NCWest more than 10 years, and on most their game forums same story because off f2p. But look do we had such problems in Guild Wars 2? No. Eve online? No. Yes there will be always bots, there will be always fanboys. But better 100 bots that 1000000000.

And yes i fully agree f2p model really works good. But it is working not for us players, but against us. Game developers just take a game, use f2p model and kill it, till last drop of blood.

P2p model could worked amazing on Blade and Soul in 2010. Months after the game was released in Asia. Sadly we got the game 5 years late. Im Not sure if the game have a Cashshop already but soon we will have one 100% Free do not exist.

What i think Can work and im Not sure if the DEV team like this idea but.  Can You sell us content as DLC?

Example

2 End game Dungeons
 Two Boss Raid battles for 12 people
 One PVP Arena 
 One Raid for 24 Players

All this every 6 Months for a price of $15 Dolars

With this we can Help to NCSoft to keep updated the game and we pay for the content. This is better than wait like TERA 1.5 years for one update... 

Archived