Forums

[ Fix ] E02018 Error

VampireNeko

well  lets start with a quote from Here:

4 hours ago, VampireNeko said:

Well for what i can see the installer use torrent protocol for the download, i had and still have the E02018 problem(one every 2 minute).

soooo this is my solution(mayabe :P) , cause i noticed the torrent protocol now im downloading via utorrent the patch files(i need only 20% more and i can tell you if it works well) , after the download is finished i simply have to put the files in the download folder of the installer and it should run well .

if it works i'll do a tutorial , then cross your fingers guys~

and it worked pretty well , so let's start .

1.  Download BnS_Lite_Installer & NC-LauncherSetup
  2.  Install Bns Lite and start it
  3.  Go to the NCLauncher folder[C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher] and click Disinstall
  4.  Reboot your PC
  5.  Install NC-Launcher and start it from the BnS Icon on the dekstop as admin
  6.  Download the torrent patch
  7.  Download the patch using torrent
  8.  Put the Downloaded folder[called Zip] inside the folder $Patch$ (inside the NCLauncher folder)
  9.  Start the BnS Icon on the dekstop as admin
  10.  now the installer should check the files , after that the installation will start.
  11.  Have Fun~

Im lazy but if needed i can put some screens too(but not today :P)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey so i have a question. so ya ive been having the problem too and i keep dl like 10% and then i get the error and the launcher stops updating so im following your steps and in the process of dl the patch via torrent now. but when i go to the NClauncher folder there is no   $Patch$  folder? Just a folder that says Download. There is a   $Patch$  folder under the BnS folder but not in the launcher. So should i create a   $Patch$  folder under the launcher and copy the files into that folder?  Bc the   $Patch$  folder shows up under the NCSOFT folder under BnS like i said and when you go and open the   $Patch$  folder for that it shows 10 , 11, 12 for the different patches im assuming. So is it in the download folder of the launcher you place it, or in the BnS   $Patch$  folder and if so, do i copy the contents in 12 or what? Thanks and hope this helps bc ive been trying for like the last 2 days to try and get this to work with no success so really hoping this works :D

4 minutes ago, squall516 said:

hey so i have a question. so ya ive been having the problem too and i keep dl like 10% and then i get the error and the luancher stops updating so im following your steps and in the process of dl the patch via torrent now. but when i go to the NClauncher folder there is no   $Patch$  folder? Just a folder that says Download. There is a   $Patch$  folder under the BnS folder but not in the launcher. So should i create a   $Patch$  folder under the launcher and copy the files into that folder? 

that where I placed mines...the bns folder one that has the patch folder

oh ok so you copy the patch files into the   $Patch$  folder in the bns folder? but did you just copy the patch files directly into that or did you put it into a specific patch? bc like i said when i go into the folder it shows 10 11 12 folders for the different patch versions?

16 minutes ago, squall516 said:

so can you be more specific on where exactly you put the files? and can you confirm that it worked correctly where you put them?

the folder $patch$ in the bns folder is where I had placed them. and it worked in getting pass stage one of the download. I am in the game but I still have stage 2 stopping at 99% and giving me the e02018 error though I can log in and play. (once I get able to after que)

ok so you didnt put it in a specific folder inside of the   $Patch$  folder? you just coppied and paste wat was inside the zip folder directly into the   $Patch$  folder? maybe if you put them inside the nclauncher folder like the guy said you could get past stage 2 of the dl did you try that?

2 minutes ago, squall516 said:

ok so you didnt put it in a specific folder inside of the   $Patch$  folder? you just coppied and paste wat was inside the zip folder directly into the   $Patch$  folder? maybe if you put them inside the nclauncher folder like the guy said you could get past stage 2 of the dl did you try that?

I added the zip folder inside $patch$ folder. Will try in a bit but where would I add it in the nclauncher folder? 

you can try and just add it to the download folder in the nclauncher. or create a   $Patch$  folder in the download either/or just in the nclauncher folder itself and try and add the files to one of those. that might work. bc the guy said to add it to the   $Patch$  in the nclauncher but there was no   $Patch$  in that so id say make one in the download folder or main nclauncher folder and try that

1 minute ago, BerSerKerVzla said:

i just downloaded it like not even 2hrs ago so the file should be there. If you are having any problems downloading the torrent file then thats prob on your end. If you dl the torrent file and you opened up to dl. if it doesnt start to dl right away dont worry it took a very very l ong time like at least an hr for the torrent to very all the files and initialize the torrent before it even started downloading

I run into the same issue and rebooting my router solved it. It gets a new ip everytime I reboot so maybe the one I had was blocked by NCsoft or something. For those who have a static address google it to find out how to change it. Hope it helps some of you.

So.. I'm a bit confused? after putting the "zip" into the "$Patch$" folder and starting the launcher up I pressed Update and it started the Preparing phase Compiling a list of update files and then later went on to "downloading Patch." Was I not supposed to hit the update button or was I supposed to click file check? just a bit confused on how the OP worded the the directions and etc. :p going to wait it out and see what happens 

8 hours ago, Bilingual said:

So.. I'm a bit confused? after putting the "zip" into the "$Patch$" folder and starting the launcher up I pressed Update and it started the Preparing phase Compiling a list of update files and then later went on to "downloading Patch." Was I not supposed to hit the update button or was I supposed to click file check? just a bit confused on how the OP worded the the directions and etc. :p going to wait it out and see what happens 

I think you should try Files check or something, Also I think he might be mistaken since "Zip" folder is located inside "Patch" folder and not "$Patch$" folder, you'll find "Patch" folder in this path [NCSoft > BnS > $Patch$ > # > Patch] ("#" represents the number of the folder, it might be 7/8/9/10/11/12) this folder is create by the Launcher when updating, if it doesn't exist try creating them, I hope this works..

qQSNbEo.png

Note: it appears to be on desktop because I moved it there..

8 minutes ago, BloodGust said:

i downloaded the zip but its in the form of .rar files will that change anything?

The "Zip" folder itself is not compressed, it's a FOLDER and "Zip" is just the name of the folder not it's extension..

Archived