Queue time lying?

Kakariko

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, LanceDuLac said:

So Hime, explain in a logical fashion, how a queue time can go from 59 minutes to 354 minutes in a matter of seconds....

That's not so hard,  The queue time is just a guess based on the rate of log offs over a period of time.  If the rate of log offs drops, queue times go up.  It's not like the server knows exactly when people are going to log off ahead of time after all.

Queues are nothing new.  We've all seen them in countless mmos in the past, and we'll no doubt see them in countless more to come.  The first week or so of launch is always the worst for any mmo and the fact that it's been fairly stable is impressive in it's own regards.  The only complaint I can bring up is the lack of an afk timer getting rid of people who aren't playing to make room for active players, but I hear that's in the works.  Compared to ESO's launch (a pay to play game at the time) this is ok, and I suspect in a week or so when the hype levels out and the afk timer gets put in things will be mostly ok.

For all the people complaining here is an idea go play something else while you wait......Its a new game it has been highly anticipated for years now most likely be like this for the next month. You guys clearly never played arc survival evolved on xbox they don't have queue timers all you can do is constantly hit join and hope to god you get in.But yea go play something else on steam or whatever for an hour.

14 minutes ago, Zuldar said:

That's not so hard,  The queue time is just a guess based on the rate of log offs over a period of time.  If the rate of log offs drops, queue times go up.  It's not like the server knows exactly when people are going to log off ahead of time after all.

Queues are nothing new.  We've all seen them in countless mmos in the past, and we'll no doubt see them in countless more to come.  The first week or so of launch is always the worst for any mmo and the fact that it's been fairly stable is impressive in it's own regards.  The only complaint I can bring up is the lack of an afk timer getting rid of people who aren't playing to make room for active players, but I hear that's in the works.  Compared to ESO's launch (a pay to play game at the time) this is ok, and I suspect in a week or so when the hype levels out and the afk timer gets put in things will be mostly ok.

While I do understand queue times, being probably one of the few people on here that actually played vanilla WOW on opening day, I also know there should be at least some booting of bots in game.  It's not that hard to do, they don't hide it in whispers like most MMO's, so they are easy to find out.  If you boot them queue times will go down quite a bit.  Just a simple bit of logic...

I played vanilla WoW beta and alpha and it wasnt even the shit storm this is.... When you do get on after waiting hours you get crashed by lag and then have to wait again. This is exactly why i didnt buy a founders pack for this game because i knew NCsoft would be releasing it and drop the ball as usual....

I was pretty skeptical even after reading about this but still decide to buy premium because I could not be bothered waiting in queue.

I already waited from #4400 all the way to #1700 (which took roughly 2hrs+) before I bought the premium membership. When i bought it, I noticed the text changed to display to display I was in the premium queue and the amount of premium in wait jumped to #1700 (In actual fact i haven't changed queue so technically i was still in the normal queue).

I quickly re-queued up and it displayed the proper wait, i was now #8 in premium queue and i quickly went into the game. This is Poharan btw, so i don't see why this wouldn't be the same for everyone else.

Edit: I didn't need to restart the client, just re-enter queue.

I literally waited 2 hours, got into the game. Fought some guy in pvp, ressurected and got...bug splatted. Game crashed. It has been an hour, and after my second wait being 3,000th in line, I'm...attempting to maintain patience. ;_; screw you ncsoft r00d

Archived