Chapter 17: The Test of the Eight

Mieraface

I am stuck at the very end of this quest. I have ran through the entire dungeon and am now at the part where it tells me to Talk to Old Man Cho at the cave of judgement after completing "The Call of the Warring Factions" quest. I was under the impression that the 2 faction leaders would be in the cave at the end so I could join a faction, but neither of them are. nor are they in Bamboo Village because they move with the storyline. So now I am stuck at this quest with no way to progress. What am I to do? Am I missing something here?

5i7FnlJ.jpg?1

2 minutes ago, Joobilea said:

I did this chapter a few days ago, and they should be in that cave (in front of Cho if I remember correctly). Have you tried doing the surrounding quests first as they may possibly act as a prequest?

There are no other quests anywhere near me.

Just now, Mieraface said:

There are no other quests anywhere near me.

Actually it may have something to do with the quest line with the purple marker after checking my quest logs (mentions factions and Cho). Have you been keeping up with it?

2 minutes ago, Joobilea said:

Actually it may have something to do with the quest line with the purple marker after checking my quest logs (mentions factions and Cho). Have you been keeping up with it?

Im not sure, whats the quest called? I've picked up literally every quest so far. And as of now I only have chapter 17: Test of the Eight in my quest Log. On my map I see no other quests in every area I've been to, besides daily quests.

22 minutes ago, Mieraface said:

Im not sure, whats the quest called? I've picked up literally every quest so far. And as of now I only have chapter 17: Test of the Eight in my quest Log. On my map I see no other quests in every area I've been to, besides daily quests.

The quest just have a purple marker as opposed to the blue (side quest) and yellow (main quest) one. Journal doesn't detail completed quests unfortunately, but the current purple one I'm on is called Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Edit:

After googling, it seems like you just need to spend skill points? Press K to open your Martial Tome, choose a path, and when distributing the points click Learn.

I had the same problem and decided to look around for an answer but alas I found none (stuck at Chapter 17 with no Faction). I decided to give up and made a new character and started from scratch only to realize later that I completely ignored the little message tags underneath the quest logs which indicates they have "Letters" attached to them (which needs to be read in order for you to progress the quest queue). I went back to my first character and decided to see if I can find said "Letter" in my quest log on the right side of the screen under the mini-map and I found the quest "The Call of the Warring Factions" which ultimately spawned Hansu and Sansu at the Bamboo Forest in front of the Mayor's House. Maybe you and a couple others had the same problem I had and I hope I have been able to assist at least one person with this situation with my so-called discovery because it worked for me. Good Luck everyone else.

Edited 1 minute ago by UsagiDropKick 

I'm stuck too.. I finished the heaven part. When you are going into the gates of hell, i think you are supposed to wait for the guy to make the wind go away before proceeding. I didn't.. I just rushed through it and killed the mobs there. Looks like i can't complete the quest and it doesn't help re-entering the cave, or relogging the game. So now I can't lvl this character before they fix this issue for me. Very very frustrating :'(

There is nothing more. When i enter the questlog, it says "Talk to the old man after completing the test blabla", but there is nothing more to do in the cave. I watched some guy do this on youtube to see if there was anything i missed and the guy on youtube waited for the man to remove the wind and killed the mobs, and he completed it. I just rushed through the cave killing, not waiting for anyone. Think the problem is there :(

So i too was having this problem. 

Here's how i fixed it.

Under the mini map, you'll notice there's a double arrow icon.

Click that double arrow icon.

A bunch of quests that for some reason don't show up in the journal, will show up here. One of them for me was the "warring of the factions" quest, needed to complete this test of the eight quest. 

That did it for me. 

On 1/24/2016 at 3:57 PM, KrOwz said:

So i too was having this problem. 

Here's how i fixed it.

Under the mini map, you'll notice there's a double arrow icon.

Click that double arrow icon.

A bunch of quests that for some reason don't show up in the journal, will show up here. One of them for me was the "warring of the factions" quest, needed to complete this test of the eight quest. 

That did it for me. 

This is work for me. Thanks a lot KrOwz

I'm proud of you

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived