pvp abuse

juwolkaori

I have mine equipped pretty much since lvl 10, fully knowing I could get ganked upon by higher level (and it did get ugly a few times). 

And while I don't add insult to injury by kicking corpses and force them to port (unless he jumped me first and died, that's unforgivable assault) every single person wearing their gear regardless of level, I jump and kill at least once, and fully expect others to do the same to me. 

I'm not one to camp spawn points or low level zone, but sometimes I have to get back to them. And yes, as unfair as it is, I'll still jump on low level players, just like I've jumped on players twice as high as mine and got utterly destroyed and just like I've been jumped by other players when I was lower level. 

I see red name, I jump red name, fully aware of the consequences and the paranoia I have to live with. 

That's my choice, and so is yours if you equip that gear. 

The unequip surrender is good and works, but it would be better if you could respawn as your faction with a short invincibility because loading screen spawncamp isn't a good thing for any PvP game. It would be better if surrender was there for if you can't win or escape even after getting your spawn I-frames.

On 1/20/2016 at 8:20 AM, TheKoR said:

..invulnerability timer... What... Did you not listen? hitting 4 upon death will surrender and when you enter town your pvp clothes will be removed and you will no longer be eligible to participate in pvp.

Pretty simple there is no need for an invulnerability timer. If you choose to rez in town with your pvp cloths on  and you have a bad load time that's your problem for being stupid and going. "I'm gonna spawn in town with my bad load timer while in pvp NOO one would surely kill me because everyone's friendly!"

-_- stop your whining this aspe

ct of the game is fair and balanced no need for an invulnerability timer or any thing such as safezone I'm glad those don't exist.

I have a Gigbit connection and I own a PC that's better than yours but i still experience a lag between my character's re-spawn and loading screen. The difference is drastic enough that I can find myself dead without even an idea of who did it or from where. A timer would be a good idea.

Anyone voluntarily wearing the uniform shouldn't complain about getting killed. That's the risk you take. However, there absolutely should be some kind of invulnerability timer while you are loading.  Being killed while loading is ridiculous.  Anyone who says things like "well that's your fault for not having a PC/connection that loads faster" is just a coward who likes to kill people when they can't fight back.  It's beyond cheap.  That is a horrible oversight by the devs.  Also being forced to respawn is unfair as well. You should be able to accept it or not accept it.

By all means, kill anyone you see that's red at any time without mercy.  They volunteered to participate in world PVP.  Purposely camp spawning someone who can't fight back is an act of a pathetic bully. It shouldn't even be an option that players can do.

On 1/24/2016 at 0:30 PM, NueHoujuu said:

The unequip surrender is good and works, but it would be better if you could respawn as your faction with a short invincibility because loading screen spawncamp isn't a good thing for any PvP game. It would be better if surrender was there for if you can't win or escape even after getting your spawn I-frames.

I agree, having an invincibility timer for a short period when you respawn/load in would not be a bad idea. 

Another thing is they could always add in Safe Zones around the windstride locations/campfires so no one can spawn camp people.  Its pretty ridiculous when a few people are just spawn killing everyone as they load in. 

14 minutes ago, Glub said:

I agree, having an invincibility timer for a short period when you respawn/load in would not be a bad idea. 

Another thing is they could always add in Safe Zones around the windstride locations/campfires so no one can spawn camp people.  Its pretty ridiculous when a few people are just spawn killing everyone as they load in. 

Especially with the glorious loading screens courtesy of the Unreal Engine.

On 20/01/2016 at 4:16 AM, juwolkaori said:

friends are joining both factions and camping one spawn point so they can kill either faction member. those who are in the same faction will revive the member again just to be killed repeatedly. 

it takes too long for the unequip to register so players are spending a little more time just to get away from it. quitting the game just to restart at a different spawn point will put the player in a queue for 15-20 minutes.

good job, idiot devs.

Frıends can join and do anything to you if you are wearing that costume. Stop complaining or be ready to fight in open area pvp. By the way i think they done a great job great trolling :p

5 hours ago, Glub said:

The safe zones would have to disable abilities of course, similar to dragon coil regen how it blocks everything at first.

• 2 weeks later...

People still whining about wanting a timer eh? Again simple solution, take your damn cloths off.move out of range put your clothes on when at a safe distance go back out and pvp what is so hard about this? "Oh I should get a timer  because I'm too lazy to take my cloths off to escape the inevitable 1000s of people waiting at the respawn to kill me that I know will be there because gankers exist in every game ever."

Gee that's smart! If ya do that then yes you deserve to die for repeating the defintion of insanity! People whining about this just need to learn not to repeat the same mistakes constantly  ya get spawn killed then you have to  take your clothes off sucks but is what it is. 

don't think I don't know the pain. I got spawn camped by a assassin who stunned and blinded then stabbed me each time I rezed who was lvl 36 when I was lvl 28 it pist me the hell off but, an invulnerability timer?  Or safezone you know how easily that could be abused? What if the loader takes too long to long  to load in? how long would the timer last it would have to be individualised. Some it would be  45 seconds others 3 mins of invincibility  or longet or you're invincible so long as you hug this area.

What kind of ideas are those?  Dumb ones Imo.  things like that can be abused take a look at what safezones in Tera did it didnt help it hindered. Take a lokm at any other game with safezones and open world pvp. Honestly just  stop complaining and just remove your cloths if you don't wanna get spawn camped alot of people dont spawn camp and the ones who do just can't really play or are just jack asses. 

But a invulnerability timer or safezone to fix this? What do you think happens then it becomes casualized because a few people don't want to go naked? For a bit to get back into pvp. For crying out loud  this is not kiddy land suck it up and deal. 

If it sounds rude I'm not sorry if you are letting yourself be killed just because the costume looks that cool then you  are to blame not the game not the developers yourself because you chose the action. Another idea is get strong enough and learn your class that you can wear the costume without fear someone comes after ya you kill them then you don't have to worry about taking g your costume off ever again! (Overexageration it will happen you will die again sometime and there will be a spawn camper  there to attempt to kill you but is what it is ) or, get a group of friends, pvp help each other survive guard  each other and *cricket* up those who would try to spawn camp you.. 

Easy solutions... I truly do not get why people whine over things that are entirly of their own making either take it off when ya spawn or put  it on l at a safer time or don't your choice and ultimately that's what will factor into how you die wear the costume or don't....geesh I don't get people at times what's next we are we going to put up a pvp free area so no one can enter pvp till level 20? 

What's the point of doing open world then if you can't pvp at whatever lvl you want! What's next safe citites?  God no... I'm already getting nightmares of what makes good games bad...

When they take the core mechanics and dumb it down to a point that everyone can play the game... If you don't like it okay bns isn't for you but if you do you shouldn't expect them to make things easier just for you what about the rest of us who enjoy the pvp?  And game the way it is now.

Luckily your pleas will most likely go unheard of because ncsoft doesn't really listen but either way we have to deal with them -_- just stop whining its a game you die you can respawn (be sure to remove clothes) and get up and try again  you'll be fine just...stop whining

Some ppl dont understand what the purpose of faction suit is, okay let make a quick explanation: 

1/  You wear the suit, you are able to kill the others, and so do they. -Done?

2/  You wear the suit, you step into the war, and WAR MEANS KILLING THE ENEMIES! Are you thinking that your opposite faction should be friendly to you? Shut your f*cking PC down and go to sleep. - Done?

3/  You were killed by a higher level, or by 3-4 ppl and demand FAIRNESS? At your level, when you are talking trash and complaining about the unfairness, they were training hard and getting stronger. Bigger fish eat smaller fish, that's all! This is this game's purpose, why do they need to get stronger when there is nothing to fight or kill but just the mobs? 

4/  You are annoyed by being killed by higher level again? - Take off your suit -> Get stronger by doing quest -> Beat them back! Whining doesnt make you stronger!

I admit that I DO KILL LOWER LEVEL! Why? Because this is game and I do anything make me relaxed!

Call me coward, call me noob if you want, I don't give a single flying f*ck! :D Playing in a far far away country is a struggle because of the high ping, I still manage to be at 1600+ but the lag makes me crazy, whatever you say doesn't make me stop enjoying my leisure time. HATERS GONNA HATE!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2016 at 0:30 PM, Neospirifer said:

This. Also, wouldn't you all agree that it's a bit abusive for a large group of level 40 players to stand right outside the starting town to farm starting players, most of whom probably don't know any better? I don't see why there can't be some kind of level adjustment in lower level zones.

somewhat agree with you, played Guildwars 2 last time, they do have implemented that level adjustment, it is good but sometime make it not FUN.. what needs to do by Moderator and Game Devs is to put a suspend for any account who did Spawn killing, that kind of act is coward and ruin the game play !

Archived