Hoping for open discussion with NCSOFT

Hanael

So I've only played the game for a total of a few hours, but I've spent a lot of time on the forums reading about many of the things that are going on (and experiencing a few of them myself). Basically, I'm attempting to put the 2 major issues under one post and open a constructive discussion between players and staff to voice legitimate concerns for B&S going forward.

Issue 1: Queue Times

Launch day. It's never fun. Anyone participate in ArcheAge 2.0 release. I did. Not a great experience. TL;DR authentication issues caused entire launch to be delayed a day. And it still had issues the following day, but only minor ones. Point being, I think some clarification on some of the decisions made could be helpful for new players still wanting to join servers and hopefully avoid overop issues.

I think I speak for most people that we know and understand the reactionary decision made to lock servers temporarily without regard for the previously stated schedule. Massive influxes of players to a few servers can cause major headaches. But I'm curious as to the full extent of the reason.

Were servers indeed locked due to a massive influx on a few servers?

Were they locked as population increased to a point where it was higher than another server, and as all servers slowly climbed, lock and unlock accordingly in an attempt to balance out pop across all servers?

Were they locked because there was actually a miscalculation in popularity in the game, thus causing servers to be at max capacity?

I know for sure I am super concerned about the state of the servers due to this notification I got earlier:

https://gyazo.com/a3d397afe823634286a92cc54a77fdc7

Because this makes it seem like there's legitimately not enough room on some servers for everyone to play. Which leads to the next issue.

Issue 2: Bots and AFKers

Gold sellers are an inevitable part of any game that has a F2P option. With gold sellers comes server space that isn't being used for players. And stemming from the issue of queue times are people that won't log out for fear of not being able to get back in the next day when they want to play. I know for sure on Jiwan I can barely see any normal chat because of all the gold sellers, not to mention the limit of only being able to block 50 people at once. Granted, as sellers are banned, we could remove them from our list to add more, but that defeats the purpose. So the question is: do you have any considerations on the table for how to deal with gold sellers and people that are AFK for hours on end? Because it's preventing people from playing and that's the worst thing to have on launch.

I truly feel this game has a lot of potential, being a niche fit into the MMO genre due to it's combat style. I want to see this succeed as much as you do. So listen to the community. Lets make the right changes for the better.

Archived