Forums

What class did you decided to main?

Aimscoes

Hard to answer yet, I have one of each class, and plan to max them all out. So yah, I can answer that in a few weeks when I know which one I have the most fun raiding on. 

-I should point out my two mains in WOW are a Demo Warlock and  MM Hunter, since no range class, summoner is right at the top of contenders, however force master and Assassin are equally fun for different reasons. 

I chose the Force Master just because its ranged, I do wish there were more ranged classes available, perhaps when the Warlock comes I'd make one.

I tried Blade master, but I just don't like melee and fight the class hard to play because of my current latency,

Only class I've made (beta, and head start) is a Blade Dancer. I like her...but this queuing debacle may well have me uninstalling before the night is done. I've been through a lot of MMO launches, and this isn't the worst...but NCSoft is on thin ice with me already (you guessed it: former CoH player), and I'm not likely to be patient with them.

Trying out force master, since it is ranged magic based class. Not sure how I feel about it, got to level 9 and it doesn't feel as smooth to me. I am hoping it gets better as more skills get developed. Going to give summoner a whirl and see how that goes, but the whole cutesy cat familiar is a bit over the top for me.

8 hours ago, BloodyBloody said:

Only class I've made (beta, and head start) is a Blade Dancer. I like her...but this queuing debacle may well have me uninstalling before the night is done. I've been through a lot of MMO launches, and this isn't the worst...but NCSoft is on thin ice with me already (you guessed it: former CoH player), and I'm not likely to be patient with them.

Sounds like you haven't played that many MMO's at you say, take a look on WoD for WoW, people couldn't even PLAY or complete quests / where stuck inside garrisons for HOURS, comparing to B&S this is a heavenly launch. 

Force Master.

I was torn between Blade Dancer and Force Master after watching my GF play both during the beta, and couldn't make up my mind.

Then I watcher her play once more before the launch and decided that Force Master just seemed to be more fun.

Not regretting it so far ;)

Can't decide yet.
And since I was too late (or undecisive ;P) for Founder's Pack and don't wanna create multiple NCSoft-Accounts I am kinda f*cked in trying out Classes, if I don't want to pull them all to 15 or whatever to delete them.

Started with Force Master. The whole mechanics that combines Ember-Counters, Focus, Enemy-Status, Frost/Fire-Stance seems very nice and deep. Reminded me a bit of both TheSecretWorlds (resource-management) and LOTROs Warden (the combo-system) which both are very nice MMOs in that respect.
And you can also just ignore all that and just burn and freeze on since the interface makes it obvious which Options you have (esp. if you burned all your focus and the options are a bit limited ;P)
and since you dont need power-gaming with the most-effective Stuns-Timing, Resource-Management a.s.o. when you are questing, (at least till about Lvl 10. dont know if it gets much harder after that, but I don't really expect it while questing. You probably can go around not really knowing what you are doing and still just burn and freeze just in a beautiful way ;P)
---
€dit (some Assasin or a swift Lyn stole the last half of my sentence it seems):
, it all seems smooth. I like the FM.
But wanna try Sin AND Summ at least too. But can't. And now I can't decide which should be my 2nd class. :/

/€dit

---

4 hours ago, Aimscoes said:

Sounds like you haven't played that many MMO's at you say, take a look on WoD for WoW, people couldn't even PLAY or complete quests / where stuck inside garrisons for HOURS, comparing to B&S this is a heavenly launch. 

Trust me, I've played a lot of MMOs...more than I could list easily from memory, probably. I don't play WoW (and never have...never interested me), but I've certainly seen worse launches. I've also seen a lot of far better ones.

I made both a Blade Dancer and Force Master and got them both to around lvl 20 before pulling ahead with Force Master. I really wanted to like a melee class this time around, but nuking ranged classes are apparently just in my blood. I can't seem to get away from them in any MMO, lol.

Archived