Any Que time over a few minutes and your gonna lose players

TundrazZ

This game is gonna be dead in a couple months if not fixed. I can't even think of a better way to drive off new players...

ZiggyD said this game was good, but 30 min wait times that only get higher? I sometimes only have that long to play in between school. I hear some people getting 2 hour times, but even 30/20 minutes doesn't cut it.

Understand that this happens with every MMO. The issue is that so many infamous twitch streamers have been playing this that people are flocking to it at alarming rates. Give NCSoft time to do something about it. It's not something that can easily be done in only a couple days. I still hit 1+hour queues on WoW sometimes.

Queue is nice, but when you spend 1hour and the timer only go up (from 75min to 170min) ... there is something fcked.

Even premium on queue xD

Well, its normal for release and i dont wait any fixes, i know how NCsoft work enought to understand that xD

9 minutes ago, TundrazZ said:

This game is gonna be dead in a couple months if not fixed. I can't even think of a better way to drive off new players...

ZiggyD said this game was good, but 30 min wait times that only get higher? I sometimes only have that long to play in between school. I hear some people getting 2 hour times, but even 30/20 minutes doesn't cut it.

All MMOs lose a large majority of their players in the first couple months. It just happens. However, how severe of a loss it is always comes from in game stuff, not queues like these.

Aion lost most of its players because of the ridiculous leveling grind.

Tera lost most of its players because enchanting was close to impossible.

Archeage lost most of its players because of continually downtimes, extremely pay2win items in the cash shop, and ninja changes.

So far, the biggest threat to Blade and Soul appears to be Moonwater Stones and Soulstones. It certainly isn't there being queues for players unwilling to pay money in the first place.

All these people saying " P.S: Release MMORPG, you're gonna get queues no matter what. " - I've played almost every F2P mmo/mmorpg that's come out in the last 5 years and I've been in a queue for about 2 games total, and even then it wasn't 1-3 HOUR long queues, not to mention that was on older servers that had more bugs and throttles and more people using slower internet to try to connect.

Why make excuses for this game? "We know you can't play it but you couldn't play any games on release day, it's normal" No, it's not and never has been. NCSoft needs to take responsibility that the fact that they knew nothing about how to handle this games release instead of hiding because the "it's normal" response. If it's truly "normal" why don't they make up for it? "Hmm every game ever released has never had enough servers, we'll add 1 more server and I'm sure that'll clear everything %100 up"

19 minutes ago, TundrazZ said:

Premium members get pretty much instant queues right now, if your not premium then expect long queues unfortunately.

Just now, 846705_1452550168 said:

Premium members get pretty much instant queues right now, if your not premium then expect long queues unfortunately.

When rationale becomes too convenient? Is there a site that shows the metrics on server population? I'd like to have a point of reference to Korean B&S.

Just now, Afroman said:

Sometimes I think the people saying "It's the first day" crap are just mods with fake accounts... I've played mutllpie MMOs and never seen a mess like this since Diablo 3.

Final Fantasy XIV, Aion, Tera, World of Warcraft (expansions), SWTOR, etc. This isn't a new phenomenon.

28 minutes ago, Despondency said:

You're playing an MMO that got a release much bigger than the devs expected. Not to mention I'm pretty sure you're on Mushin, as none of my other toons have queues.

P.S: Release MMORPG, you're gonna get queues no matter what.

I'm actually on yehara the RECOMMENDED server.

14 minutes ago, Freyar said:

Final Fantasy XIV, Aion, Tera, World of Warcraft (expansions), SWTOR, etc. This isn't a new phenomenon.

I played all those except SWTOR and never had a queue time. Not on or after launch. Except WoW with Burning Crusade and Vanilla. Those were the days when pretty much not many other MMOs existed though.

list of games with long que times on launch day ...

SWTOR

MW:O

Wildstar

World of Warships/Tank/Planes 

Tera

Archage

Defiance

The list literally goes on an on.  Que's are typically done by how popular a game is EXPECTED to be.  In this games case, its literally been on every mmo site and game con for atleast 4 or 5 months now so its sorta to be expected.  Hell I knew there was going to be ques while i was playing over the weekend.  I can agree with people's displeasure but honestly ... I really sorta expected it to be longer 30 - 40 min wait time is better then I expected.

list of games with long que times on launch day ...

SWTOR

MW:O

Wildstar

World of Warships/Tank/Planes 

Tera

Archage

Defiance

The list literally goes on an on.  Que's are typically done by how popular a game is EXPECTED to be.  In this games case, its literally been on every mmo site and game con for atleast 4 or 5 months now so its sorta to be expected.  Hell I knew there was going to be ques while i was playing over the weekend.  I can agree with people's displeasure but honestly ... I really sorta expected it to be longer 30 - 40 min wait time is better then I expected.

Archived