https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/41py9z/somethings_not_right/

UniqueTechnique

I guess we could look at the whole purpose of bots, and maybe suggest a way to create bot checks in game, or discourage automated play styles that support bot like behavior.
Like level restrict chat actions for the spammers, or costs for region/faction chat, that way if they are automated to spam, they have to be able to sustain their behavior somehow.

And like do an in game catpcha check so they can distinguish adaptive (human) behavior vs automated behavior.

Personally I like what one person in region said was having a special server for bots.  Whenever a bot is detected, instead of banning them, move them to the special bot server.  Then the bot program won't realize that there is no one listening.

5 minutes ago, TheCountOfMommysCrisco said:

I'd like to see you write a software able to detect these large groups of bots, logically check their names, locations, and other associated information that, to the human eye is obvious; while still being able to filter out those times when an actual player who happens to be playing a destroyer is in the same location (like, at warp-in point for example) so that they don't get banned as well.

As soon as you do the botters will just make simple changes to the code that they use to name characters and then space out actions among their bots so that they don't group up.

Learn a bit about software development, then come back.  You guys really have no clue what you're on about when it comes to this issue.

There are 10 servers ( I think), why is it so hard to have 2 in game GMs hopping servers banning gold spammers and checking out suspected bots in game and dropping ban hammers on those that are obviously botting ?

Why does everything need a program written ? 

Simple fix that is much harder to work around than a complex program. 

I'd like to see you write a software able to detect these large groups of bots, logically check their names, locations, and other associated information that, to the human eye is obvious; while still being able to filter out those times when an actual player who happens to be playing a destroyer is in the same location (like, at warp-in point for example) so that they don't get banned as well.

As soon as you do the botters will just make simple changes to the code that they use to name characters and then space out actions among their bots so that they don't group up.

Learn a bit about software development, then come back.  You guys really have no clue what you're on about when it comes to this issue.

There are 10 servers ( I think), why is it so hard to have 2 in game GMs hopping servers banning gold spammers and checking out suspected bots in game and dropping ban hammers on those that are obviously botting ?

Well, since you're so insistent with the question.... (lol, that was a funny bug though)

Those GM's will never make a dent in the bot population.

GM enters a chat, spots a bot, flags it, that flag then gets passed on to a master-list of accounts to be banned.  In the 2-3 seconds it took the GM to do that, the botter's automated account/character creation scripts have already popped out another 3 characters that are already running the tutorial.  Plus it could be hours, days, or weeks before that master-list of bannable accounts is actually acted on.  They tend to happen in waves.

It has to be battled with automation because it's an automated process to begin with.

hey count I had a moment to think of a response to your reply earlier and I can imagine that those windows on your buss were really clean right ....its easy to tell the difference between a bot  or gold spammer  saying buy my  gold at  whatever website over  hey man check this out its funny I don't think u going to be spamming that webpage to your friend every 2 minutes for 4 hours unless u are as special as I assume u are

14 minutes ago, KatHead said:

You're right but that would make them work so nah, just slap a third party software that barely does anything like GameGuard and call it a day, need to focus on these premium sales.

1 minute ago, Shadoe said:

hey count I had a moment to think of a response to your reply earlier and I can imagine that those windows on your buss were really clean right ....its easy to tell the difference between a bot  or gold spammer  saying buy my  gold at  whatever website over  hey man check this out its funny I don't think u going to be spamming that webpage to your friend every 2 minutes for 4 hours unless u are as special as I assume u are

You're only continuing to flaunt your own ignorance with this sort of talk.  Even if your chat-logging 'fix' were enacted, botters would simply change the layout of their text, frequency of sending, or which channels they use to send it; thus bypassing the checker.  Doing so takes them about 5-10 minutes of re-coding, meanwhile the checker that they're bypassing takes weeks or months to build and pass through QA.

It's a losing battle for devs in every MMO.

3 hours ago, TheCountOfMommysCrisco said:

I'd like to see you write a software able to detect these large groups of bots, logically check their names, locations, and other associated information, while still being able to filter out those times when an actual player who happens to be playing a destroyer is in the same location (like, at warp-in point for example) so that they don't get banned as well.

These things seem obvious to the human eye, but are completely ambigiuous to a computer unless it's programmed into them very specifically, and any sort of automation on that level is going to be prone to a large number of false-positives.  Just look at Youtube's content ID system for a prime example.

did u know that guildwars 2 had a major issue with bots moving in packs like that and guess what....they solved it and since ncsoft publishes gw2 maybe they should ask arenanet how they did it ...just wanted to point out that flaw in your little statement

1 hour ago, Shadoe said:

here's the thing we got long as ques for REAl people who want to play and obvious bots spamming for hours...ncsoft doesn't give a rats ass about you trying to play the game  or they would kick the bots freeing the space for real ppl to play the game. but like the old myth ncsoft gets a part of the profit form them gold sellers  that's why they rarely get kicked or banned

meh, NCSoft has kicked and banned loads of gold sellers in the past, the problem they face, is simple the vast majority of Gold Sellers live real close to Korea and they target NCSoft more than WOW. (NCSoft is bigger than WOW in Asia)

Archived