https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/41py9z/somethings_not_right/

UniqueTechnique

Just block them. There is normally only 3 or 4. This happens in literally every MMO. The only MMO i don't see it happen in much is GW2 because A.NET Devs drop instant banhammers. I see them in WoW daily much worse than this depending on the server. It will slow down over time and i'm sure NCSoft will handle it. Give it a bit of time. All MMO's have queues when they first release. I've never seen one released without them.

11 minutes ago, TheCountOfMommysCrisco said:

If you refuse to play an MMO that has bots in it then you may as well just give up on the genre as a whole.

This.

Everyone online game has people who cheat. WHy did you think this one would be different? The game isn't new, it's only new in the West.

here's the thing we got long as ques for REAl people who want to play and obvious bots spamming for hours...ncsoft doesn't give a rats ass about you trying to play the game  or they would kick the bots freeing the space for real ppl to play the game. but like the old myth ncsoft gets a part of the profit form them gold sellers  that's why they rarely get kicked or banned

And just how are they supposed to go about banning said bots without likewise banning thousands of innocent players?

Making a bot is about 10,000% easier than detecting one.  Botter and cheat-engine communities work together closely to find the methods by which their code has been known to be detected within certain games and then make simple, quick alterations to their code, or their VPN/IP-masker, and they're back in the next day.  Meanwhile, if the developer isn't extremely careful with how they go about trying to detect bots than they're invariably going to end up banning innocent players.

It's the double-edged sword of technology.  It's a constant battle with no end.

they are spamming in faction chat they are spamming in region chat... its rather obvious who they are   there aint much risk in banning those that u can see I'm not saying go after  the ones that arnt that obvious but holy shit  have u not been seeing it

and then one day I decide to tell someone about a funny website, paste a link to them in region-chat, then I get banned as a suspected bot.

How about YOU use YOUR brain and realize that trying to filter bots from an online game it means you're checking MILLIONS of accounts, all of which are playing in different ways, doing different things for different reasons, and any one of them could EASILY be mistaken for a bot regardless of WHAT criteria you use to try and catch the bots.

You'd need thousands of GM's monitoring chat specifically picking out bots, and they'll still never be able to ban them as fast as the botters can make new accounts and put them online.  That'd only lead to more queue problems.

It's not that hard to spot a bot or a spammer, especially when you see a group of 30 destroyers with names like "asdasdasd" following each other. If they really can't tell them apart then... i don't even know what to say, close the doors and maybe open a pet shop? You don't need to be an expert to spot a bot and they should have ways of identifying one, after being in the MMO market for so many years they should at least learned how to at least identify one.

As for spammers, wherever is a real player or bot i think real money trading should be against the rules.

What makes me sad is that we can't enter the game right now yet there's this bozos taking spots from legit players, like the wasn't full enough...

1 minute ago, RanMaster said:

Hmm, maybe put a limit on how much clients can connect from the same computer.

So bot clients can't go over like 1.

VPN/Proxy and you get past that easily.

If the problem were that easy to fix, I'm sure it would've been fixed by now lol

6 minutes ago, Mysuke said:

It's not that hard to spot a bot or a spammer, especially when you see a group of 30 destroyers with names like "asdasdasd" following each other. If they really can't tell them apart then... i don't even know what to say, close the doors and maybe open a pet shop? You don't need to be an expert to spot a bot and they should have ways of identifying one, after being in the MMO market for so many years they should at least learned how to at least identify one.

As for spammers, wherever is a real player or bot i think real money trading should be against the rules.

What makes me sad is that we can't enter the game right now yet there's this bozos taking spots from legit players, like the wasn't full enough...

I'd like to see you write a software able to detect these large groups of bots, logically check their names, locations, and other associated information, while still being able to filter out those times when an actual player who happens to be playing a destroyer is in the same location (like, at warp-in point for example) so that they don't get banned as well.

These things seem obvious to the human eye, but are completely ambigiuous to a computer unless it's programmed into them very specifically, and any sort of automation on that level is going to be prone to a large number of false-positives.  Just look at Youtube's content ID system for a prime example.

As soon as you do the botters will just make simple changes to the code that they use to name characters and then space out actions among their bots so that they don't group up.

Learn a bit about software development, then come back.  You guys really have no clue what you're on about when it comes to this issue.

Any procedural fix will be shortly circumvented.  Only a structural change, like some kind of official method to buy coin, severely reduces bots, but nothing eliminates them.

But any detection algorithm can be easily evaded once the bot programmers realize what is happening.

3 minutes ago, TheCountOfMommysCrisco said:

I'd like to see you write a software able to detect these large groups of bots, logically check their names, locations, and other associated information that, to the human eye is obvious; while still being able to filter out those times when an actual player who happens to be playing a destroyer is in the same location (like, at warp-in point for example) so that they don't get banned as well.

As soon as you do the botters will just make simple changes to the code that they use to name characters and then space out actions among their bots so that they don't group up.

Learn a bit about software development, then come back.  You guys really have no clue what you're on about when it comes to this issue.

ABRACADABRA BOTS BE GONE!!!!!!

*opens eyes* You mean to tell me that didn't work?!?

Personally I like what one person in region said was having a special server for bots.  Whenever a bot is detected, instead of banning them, move them to the special bot server.  Then the bot program won't realize that there is no one listening.

Personally I like what one person in region said was having a special server for bots.  Whenever a bot is detected, instead of banning them, move them to the special bot server.  Then the bot program won't realize that there is no one listening.

5 minutes ago, TheCountOfMommysCrisco said:

I'd like to see you write a software able to detect these large groups of bots, logically check their names, locations, and other associated information that, to the human eye is obvious; while still being able to filter out those times when an actual player who happens to be playing a destroyer is in the same location (like, at warp-in point for example) so that they don't get banned as well.

There are 10 servers ( I think), why is it so hard to have 2 in game GMs hopping servers banning gold spammers and checking out suspected bots in game and dropping ban hammers on those that are obviously botting ?

Why does everything need a program written ? 

Simple fix that is much harder to work around than a complex program. 

5 minutes ago, TheCountOfMommysCrisco said:

There are 10 servers ( I think), why is it so hard to have 2 in game GMs hopping servers banning gold spammers and checking out suspected bots in game and dropping ban hammers on those that are obviously botting ?

Why does everything need a program written ? 

Simple fix that is much harder to work around than a complex program. 

Archived