The game randomly crashes my pc

peet

12 hours ago, Possebear said:

For those having major lag issues due to outdated laptop/CPU you gotta adjust your graphic options in the game.

Click on "Settings" in the game, under "Graphics" tab and "Advance Settings".

Untick every boxes and set all your graphic settings to 2 except for "Shadow Quality" and "Shadow Level" set it to 1.

And disable "Anti-Aliasing".

There you go. You may now enjoy the game.

is this a serious post? lower your graphics settings? wtf? 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my information pc       model: asus destop pc      Processor: Intel core i7-4790s CPU @ 3.20GHz         Ram: 12 gb      System type : 64x bit OS   

Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750         I do have color crash and buzzing sound        last time it crash   BLUE screen

One week of pure fun. No crashes, no major shutdowns \o/

And just now: Blue screen of death....

Back to scare one. As Solica7 pointed out, the driver versions on NVIDIA GPUs does not stop the crash from happening.

I guess I can just consider myself lucky to have been able to play so long without worry :/

Edit:

10min after re-entering the game... crash again in Tower of the Exiles. I did this one many times without any problems! The sudden change is absolutely staggering! What gives! >:/

Well, today I have had 0 crash so far.

I do not consider the problem solved as I did not apply any solution for it. I guess it is sheer luck that I have had a peaceful day...

I hope NCSoft finds a solution fast,  is working on a possible solution, or at least is looking for one.

Edit: 5min after writing that last post, PC crashed...

I'm trying to keep a civil tongue here. But I usually spend easily 200€ a month on MMOs, but until this problem is solved, B&S won't see a Cent of it >.>

The same problem began after a patch of 20 January, the computer reboots itself periodically, during the game. This takes different time to restart. In other games such unobservable, as such it does not occur when playing the Chinese game client

System crash (striped video display) every 30 mins in e.fleet, it's that bad. Other wise within 2-4 hours.

Probably 7 times in a row over 2-3 days now. It's just constant. Most likely some chat bug, or something else they introduced. It wasn't that bad before.

I mean, it's bad... can't even kill 2-3 bosses now before it crashes.

12 minutes ago, BlackstarSoul said:

Getting random crashes every 30-60 min instead of 2-3 hours. Crashed three times during poh today. 

Stop reporting bots (Use the old block list instead). Seems to be a leak of some sort. Once I stopped reporting them, I no longer crash every 30 mins (although random crashes after several hours might still exist).

Keep reporting bots, this will never be negative except to the ones using them =.=

I got less crashes when reporting bots by the dozen while they transit between dungeons, than just login in and entering into the Dungeon Finder lobby myself.

I'm currently trying to reduce the texture quality to lower disk access (even though I am on SSD) and so far no crashes. But I doubt this peace will last...

I get random video card crashes - sometimes at the character screen or a few minutes after getting into the game.  Either the video card crashes and it recovers, crashes the game, or just recently crashes the entire computer.  This is the only game that i play that crashes like this.  Feels like 1990's quality graphics issues.

Geforce GTX 970

Intel i3770

16GB Ram

Windows 10 64-bit

latest drivers on video card - 361.75

9 minutes ago, pululon said:

I still got the crashes, but it can be 15min into the game, or not crash at all...

Agreed, I usually crash in Dungeons or Dungeon Finder Lobby, but even that is completely random.

It can happen in less than 15min in the game and even after 4hours.

Up till now, I never crashed in open world maps (if this information can help the devs find a solution or a walk around).

8 hours ago, pululon said:

well i crashed in open world, dungeons, lobby, everywhere... and im having freezes time to time, i guess that in one of those freezes comes the crash

i even crashed with the game running in the back

Wow you have it worst than most :o

Could you let us know you PC configuration (GPU, CPU, HD, GPU driver versions,...). Maybe the community could help you crash less (well as much as us) ><''

i have and amd fx 8320 and and a radean hd 6870 with the last drivers

but i dont think that is a hardware thing, yesterday i kill my wacom process and the game lasted more than 1h and then a ctd, that is a lot better that the hang

i believe that the game runs a process that make the crash happen... after all i run games with more heavy use of hardware (fallout 4, witcher 3) without any crash

Xeon E3-1230 v3 3,3

16 gb Ram

Radeon 7970 OC

MSI Z87-G55 Intel Z87

Win 7 Ulti x64

Tested all solutions in this thread ( like lowering drivers reinstaling system etc) nothing worked. Sadly ive wanted to put a bit more money in game(char slots an skill pages) but looking at it now my walled has NASA security on max guard everytime i see ingame store. One example of yesterdays play time ( my day off so ive wanted to grind a bit new 24 man dung) but it ended like this... 30 min playtime(doing only faction quests ) pc turned off right after ive joined Blackram dung,,,ok stoped for a bit and loged in to check whats new in CN version ive ended playing around 8 h with no crash then after another small break ive came  back to eu to have another crash in new 24 man after killing around 30 mobs for quest( well lets say around 30-40 min from the time my pt loaded the map) today i didnt try eu yet but i was on my char in TW for 6 h and it didnt even crash once.

Another thing that started happening is frame rate drops before some last patches (3-4 i dont remember now but at that same time crashes started) everytime im in a town with a lot of ppl if i dont turn off players on my screen fps are droping from 110 to 20-22 same thing with dungs but here it drops to 15-18 fps when 10-15 ppl are butchering a boss WHiLE other players ARE turned off in my screen ( i dont want to see fps drop if i didnt turn them off).Everything is normal in Asia versions (ill even download jp ver to check it if i must but i can bet itll run perfectly)but here well...damn. 

Oh and before someone talks about temp my cpu and gpu coolers are not stock ive spend some money to buy high end coolers to make them as cool as possible and game crashes with normal temps (around 45 for cpu and 60-65 for gpu)

hmm I found a "solution":

Removed my sparkling new GPU (NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970) and replaced it with an old and crummy (NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560).

So far, 8 hours without a crash.

I also don't think that the hardware is to blame. I blame the game (or something in it) for not supporting the latest tech.

Although the game is pretty old (I used to play it in Korea years ago), when they made the Western version, they should have made sure all worked well with today's average PC specs...

56 minutes ago, Yoitsu said:

hmm I found a "solution":

Removed my sparkling new GPU (NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970) and replaced it with an old and crummy (NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560).

So far, 8 hours without a crash.

PC specs...

well my card is not that new and still crashes in eu but not in cn and tw ( with updated or not drivers)

On 1/23/2016 at 8:10 AM, BlackstarSoul said:

Any news from them yet? I'm slowly getting tired of the constant crashed.

Nope.  Sorry for the delayed response. I stopped trying to play the game for a while, but this last weekend, I actually had a few days of no crashing at all. Then suddenly the other day, I can't even get past the PIN screen again.  I have no idea what this could possibly be

Archived