The game randomly crashes my pc

peet

32 minutes ago, Shanhaevel said:

well ive deleted my gameguard folder and launched the game not using launcher.....played 3h but cant say if it works need more testing (btw game had less lag and latency drop without GG,,,,,,,)

From what I understand, they actually disabled GG about a week ago....? The file is still there, but if you notice, after you hit 'Play Now' the GG loader doesn't appear at the top left of your screen.

At least, it doesn't for me

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, MandrewManhammer said:

From what I understand, they actually disabled GG about a week ago....? The file is still there, but if you notice, after you hit 'Play Now' the GG loader doesn't appear at the top left of your screen.

At least, it doesn't for me

really a week ago ? well not for me it seems my gg was launching everytime i hit play and it updated after last patch

@EDIT

deleting GG folder and launching not using launcher didnt help game still crashed my pc.....temp when crashed: cpu 45 gpu 62. Wierd thing was that market opened in my screen when i was in middle of a boss fight and after than my pc crashed,,,,maybe its related to market (some time ago market was crazy buged)

I think that I nailed the problem, not the solution, and it can be something nasty for all if is true :P
First of all, I had to be certain that was the game and not my PC, so I installed the Japanese version of Blade and Soul and the game worked like a charm. No crashes, freeze, etc, just perfect.
Now, since the problem is very random, people crashed in dungeons, I in open map, people in lobby, in the market windows, etc… people crashing while login in, 5 mins into the game, 15 mins, 2hs… is a little hard to nail a common patron, but maybe I could do it.

The thing was that I started to look more in why Windows crashed (my crashes where Windows freezing) and not Blade and Soul, so I went to investigate that, and I hope that the ppl that suffer for the same (blue screen, colors screens, windows crash, restarting) do the same, so we can confirm that this is the problem (at least I can confirm now that is MY problem).
Check the Event Viewer for the exact error message or code and cause of the issue.

a.   Press Windows key + C and click on Search.
b.  Type in Event Viewer, in the Search field.
c.   This will bring up the Event Viewer box. Click to open the Event Viewer.
d.  In the left pane, expand out Windows Logs.
e.  Click on System log and Application log. 

Now, you need to search more or less the error that throw when the crash/color screen/blue screen happened. In my case, this is the error.

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\SensorsAndLocationEnum\LPSensorSWDevice.

Searching in inet I reach to this conclusion (through several forums and thread saying the same)

The power supply may detect too low voltage on one line, or too much current being pulled by a device and tells the motherboard to shutdown to protect it. 

So, what I think that is happening?
Well, I some time, the software demands a good amount of power to the micro (processing a bunch of data) and the power supply or windows, shut down everything to avoid this, or the power supply can’t give the energy. How people can play without this problem? In the second case, one good power supply can be the solution, but since the game is pretty old right now, an actual power supply must be more than enough to handle it. In the first case, a good combination of hardware, or specifically, a good micro that can handle that amount of power, in one case… in another case, a power supply that actually doesn't restart/crash your pc when the micro ask for too much power, and in this last case this can be a problem, since the micro can be taking more power that can handle and slowly melting down.
Specifically, this is the thing that is happening to me right now, too much power and my power supply shut down the PC. In some moment, the software demand a lot of power to process data and break everything, and is this particular version of BnS since the Japanese version works very good (still running without problem).
So, if  more people can find this error in they system log in the event viewer.

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\SensorsAndLocationEnum\LPSensorSWDevice.

We can be certain about this problem, and the devs can work around this, and forget the AMD, razor or whatever that are saying that it is the problem, and bring a real solution.

2 hours ago, pululon said:

I think that I nailed the problem, not the solution, and it can be something nasty for all if is true :P
First of all, I had to be certain that was the game and not my PC, so I installed the Japanese version of Blade and Soul and the game worked like a charm. No crashes, freeze, etc, just perfect.
Now, since the problem is very random, people crashed in dungeons, I in open map, people in lobby, in the market windows, etc… people crashing while login in, 5 mins into the game, 15 mins, 2hs… is a little hard to nail a common patron, but maybe I could do it.

The thing was that I started to look more in why Windows crashed (my crashes where Windows freezing) and not Blade and Soul, so I went to investigate that, and I hope that the ppl that suffer for the same (blue screen, colors screens, windows crash, restarting) do the same, so we can confirm that this is the problem (at least I can confirm now that is MY problem).
Check the Event Viewer for the exact error message or code and cause of the issue.

a.   Press Windows key + C and click on Search.
b.  Type in Event Viewer, in the Search field.
c.   This will bring up the Event Viewer box. Click to open the Event Viewer.
d.  In the left pane, expand out Windows Logs.
e.  Click on System log and Application log. 

Now, you need to search more or less the error that throw when the crash/color screen/blue screen happened. In my case, this is the error.

Searching in inet I reach to this conclusion (through several forums and thread saying the same)

So, what I think that is happening?
Well, I some time, the software demands a good amount of power to the micro (processing a bunch of data) and the power supply or windows, shut down everything to avoid this, or the power supply can’t give the energy. How people can play without this problem? In the second case, one good power supply can be the solution, but since the game is pretty old right now, an actual power supply must be more than enough to handle it. In the first case, a good combination of hardware, or specifically, a good micro that can handle that amount of power, in one case… in another case, a power supply that actually doesn't restart/crash your pc when the micro ask for too much power, and in this last case this can be a problem, since the micro can be taking more power that can handle and slowly melting down.
Specifically, this is the thing that is happening to me right now, too much power and my power supply shut down the PC. In some moment, the software demand a lot of power to process data and break everything, and is this particular version of BnS since the Japanese version works very good (still running without problem).
So, if  more people can find this error in they system log in the event viewer.

We can be certain about this problem, and the devs can work around this, and forget the AMD, razor or whatever that are saying that it is the problem, and bring a real solution.

I checked my event view and I actually have the same error as you! :0 It took me awhile to find it but yep there it was !  

I also messed around on the Japanese version it worked for 2 hours then crashed on me but I was able to play for another 2 hours after. :( At least that is not as bad as na version. Then I was thinking maybe it was a gpu issue so I was checking temps last night and the game for 4 hours with a boosted fan but today it crashed again so that is not the issue ether. Hopefully this WudfRd issue could be it! 

Some people have been posting and others are blaming it bad system specs.  On the other hand...I'm clearly way above the minimum specs here:

i7 5960x overclocked from 3GHz to 4.4GHz on all cores (no single-core turbo stuff), HyperThreading on (16 logical cores)

EVGA GTX980 Classified

4x4GB (16) GSkill Ripjaws DDR4 3000MHz, at 2400MHz so I could stay on 100MHz strap

ASUS Rampage V Extreme motherboard

B&S is on a Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Corsair H100i pseudo-water cooling

1200W single-rail power supply

Crap ton of fans

Wired network

Fallout 4 runs at 60FPS with a ton of 4k texture mods, SweetFX and ENB all running.  In fact, I haven't run into a game that doesn't stay capped at 60FPS, except for B&S when there's lots of people on screen because the optimization is terrible.

Temp at time of crash...34 degrees.  Still running super cold.  Now, I know from benchmarking that Haswell and newer CPUs have some power usage issues with certain tasks.  For instance, the power draw from my CPU sits around 30 watts at idle, 70W under normal load, and can hit 100W at times in certain games.  However...when I moved to the 125MHz strap and bumped my overclock to 4.5GHz, CPU Cache to 4GHz and RAM to 3GHz, the motherboard sees it as always OC'd, so there's no idle.  It's chugging along at 4.5GHz constantly with no SpeedStep to calm things down and was drawing 120W minimum.  When I'd run the ASUS benchmark (and hit 18th on their leaderboard), I'd see power draws up to 250W during normal tasks.  There was one step in the benchmark though that would bump that up to 450W temporarily, which was insane, and this has to do with Haswell chips and AVX2 commands.  You're actually not supposed to run Prime95 on Haswell or newer chips anymore because it can completely fry your CPU.  I wonder if AVX2 has anything to do with this?

On the other hand, I've had the game freeze up in the same way for 20 seconds or so several times and then have Windows pop up a message that my graphics card crashed but recovered and then I can keep playing.  Other times, there's no recovery and I have to hard reset the machine.  This certainly points more to GPU driver issues than CPU or power issues, at least for me.

Unfortunately, my event log has nothing at the time of the crash, so I have nothing but speculation here.

EDIT: This has happened about 10 times to me today at completely random times.  For example...once at Profane Jiangshi, once while semi-AFK sitting outside of Mushin's Tower 7F, once during one of the main story solo dungeons, and just now once during a 3v3 tag match and I'm sure my teammates just loved me for disappearing in the middle of the match, even though it was the game's fault and not mine.  It didn't do this to me until recently, though I can't pinpoint when it actually started.

I think that i found a solution to the...

I said before that this is an error that throws you when the power supply had to pass a lot of power to the micro and the PC shutting down before do that.
Yeah, that can be one of the things that can trigger this error, the another thing is a driver that isn't working properly or that doesn't exist and the game asks for it and when the system sees that isn't there the crash happen.
How can be solved? Is a little hard then reinstalling your drivers, since maybe you dont know what is the driver that isn't working.
In this link are a couple of solutions to this problem that can works for you, until now i was playing for more than 1 hour without a problem after upgrading some drivers that i didn't know that i even had.

So the problem is with USB drivers probably, You could just try and do 1 thing that might solve the problem

wich is : press your windows key, go on the search and type services.msc, look for 

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework, its probably set on manual

so just change it to automatic. Cuz thats where the  "The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\SensorsAndLocationEnum\LPSensorSWDevice. "

error comes from..

Guys, if you are having this issue, check your ram to see if it is faulty, Also this has been happening to some of the games Ive played as well. What you should try doing is switching ram sticks from each other. i have been hearing that this game takes up a buttload of ram so try it!

Soo Hi, it seems that i'm not the only one with this hard crash pc problem when playing BnS. I never got this problem with Russian version or EU/NA version at start, when this crashes started i thought of overheating or PSU leaving me but i play other much more demanding games like: TW3, MGS5, BDO ect. and have no probelm at all.

Basically starting BnS is like playing Russian roulette for me, every time i press the Start Game button i have to pray for the pc not to crash. This crashes are totally random, it can crash when i load in to the game, using teleport, dungeons or open world with zero or alot of players arround, i can also play 2-3h wiht out a crash and then have 4-5 in 30 min.

I can overtake the POOR graphical optimization of this game ( getting 10-20 FPS with 30-40 players arround in BnS and 15-35 with 200+ in BDO is a huge difference) but this is not a problem for me, the problem are this crashes. I'm afraid that it will ruin some pc components and one day it wont restart after another crash.

My PC specs:

Mobo Gigabyte z97x gaming 5

CPU Inter i5 4690k

GPU R9 280x

RAM King Savage 8 Gb

PSU CM g650m

Never had Razer (overpriced)stuff.

Did anyone try:

1. Download DDU

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/?q=display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-

2. Download 1 or 2 different graphic card version drivers. (latest beta)(latest stable)(maybe a version that is 1 or 2 versions older then latest)

3. uninstall graphic card driver, then run DDU to remove (rest files to ensure there are about 0% chance there is any old driver files still in the system wasting around)

4. install new graphic card driver (try different versions).

I've had similar issues once  but it was due to computer stored some old graphic card drivers on my pc that made a conflict o.O in another game and once my driver updated and i had to use the old driver to play ;p

... Just suggesting ^^

• 1 month later...

I had a weird experience with BnS, I'm not sure if it was by chance or if it's really the game, but here it goes:

Some time ago, my PC used to crash when playing this game, both complete PC freezes with green vertical lines and plain crash reports. At first I thought "well, it happens", so I ignored it. I started getting more of the dark green vertical line freezes until one time the PC didn't boot the OS anymore (powered on but complete dark screen). That's when my video card died :/

Well, I had no choice but to get a new video card, so I did. After this, I had no more of the complete freezes, but I still had crash reports. I started looking into error reports (Windows Event Logs > Kernel-WHEA) and I saw I was getting WHEA errors. I knew these happen if you OC your CPU and it isn't stable. I found it weird because, even though I do have an OCd CPU, it was running for over a year with no problems.

Anyway, I proceeded to set the CPU voltage higher until I stopped getting errors. At this point, the game didn't crash anymore and I had no more issues, other than the crappy lag in arena and occasional fps drops, which at this point became "normal"...

The bottom line is, BnS somehow uses your system in weird ways and any instability in your system will be highlighted by it. I recommend checking your hardware first thing and make sure everything is in top condition (enough voltage to components, temperature is in normal limits, no RAM errors, enough power from the PSU etc.)

Even if the game is poorly optimized and stresses your PC, you shouldn't crash if there are no hardware problems to begin with - the game didn't seem to generate errors out of the blue - but this is just my experience and should be taken with a grain of salt.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a fix. The fix is to uninstall GeForce Experience. I've had this issue for a while, as well, however I remembered that GeForce likes to optimize games, and decided to remove it to give it a try. Make sure to keep up to date on drivers, though. So reinstall it every now and then.

Archived