The game randomly crashes my pc

peet

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive posted this on another thread but I'm posting it here just the same. 

I just want to make a point here, but does everyone here have an AMD FX 8350 as a CPU? Because I've been testing this extensively, and it seems like this game just doesn't like this particular CPU. I too have an 8350, and if you notice with things like CPU-Z, Core Temp, Speedfan or Speccy, your Temperature might be going up near the TJunction limit. Mine either freezes upon reaching the TJ temperature(Which is 80 degrees Celsius) Or the PC just shuts down, presumably the CPU shutting it down to prevent damage.

Can anyone expand on this? What CPU do you have? is it an 8350 as well? Can you clock your temperature next time you are on? 

3 minutes ago, HypeRhys said:

Sorry i cant say i have the same CPU, i have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790, and a GPU that is Nvidia  GTX 750ti 

Worth a try asking. Clock your temperatures all the same, and keep a look out on your Temperature limit too, it might just mean that the game is just tasking certain CPU/Mobo combos a bit too much. I've tried changing the airflow on my PC, I replaced the Thermal paste/Liquid cooler on my PC, I also added 2 200mm fans, and 2 120mm fans ontop of the 2 140mm fans doing a push and pull from front to back. Everything remains cool but my CPU goes crazy with BnS.

Just now, HypeRhys said:

i could set the temperature in which my cpu shuts down higher to see if it fixes or i am able to last longer in game

I'd say do it? But I dont want to be the reason your CPU fries or your Motherboard. XD I just want NCSoft to be AWARE of this issue, it wasn't always present, In Alpha and Beta I was on for hours on end and the game ran perfect.

1 minute ago, HypeRhys said:

welll im back from my crash x) i set my CPU thresh hold setting to 106' and my cpu didnt go above 80 but yet it still crashed 

Yeah it's very difficult to comprehend what's going on tbh. I'm just chalking it up to the client, and not our actual PCs. 

Something I may point out is, when those crash occur, the file system becomes inoperable. I would investigate on changes made in the last GameGuard update.

This rootkit, used to attempt to prevent hacking, simply scans your harddrives and processes like hell until it finds something out of it's WhiteList. It's a possibility that they unwillingly changed the way it attacks the file system in a way that it crashes it after a time.

My CPU is a FX 8320 , quite similar to the 8350. I didnt check the cpu temperatures I will take a note on that next time I crash.

I will add that once I got the crash the game was minimized but I still got the black screen.

First it was Vermintide. Now its this game. I am really curious if they have something in common, or if its actually my computer. But then I play games like MGS:TPP which reaches very similar temperatures and doesn't crash. 

Would be nice if they would allow is to disable or sign a digital contract that lets players use or not use Game Guard, TBH i hate  even having it installed on my machine, seen it create issues with several games , Windows and  hardware updates in the past.  Just a suggestion.

I have Asus ROG GJA20 with GTO 750 and I've tried everything as well, and still have crashing, and NO I'm NOT USING RAZER or whatever the Asus BG program is. I am going to the bigger source for help now, Asus themselves. I've only had this PC for less than a year, I'm hoping they'll offer me a way to send this PC in and pay the difference towards a newer/upgraded model. Any possibilities of this happening? Honestly I wish I had someone to just make my PC but the only person I knew who could moved away sadly, and I don't want to trust some random person I don't feel confident in making my PC for me, also I don't really have the funds right now. I just want to play the game, and ASUS PCs were said to be pretty dang nice but I feel rather let down by both ASUS and Nvidia and also this game which is mysteriously causing conflicts for quite a lot of people. (GAMEGUARD)

Maybe knowing our configurations can help the devs to find a solution (other than use a proper anti-hacking tool).

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz
Memory (RAM) : 24.0 GB
Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (15995 MB Total available graphics memory)
Used hard disk : SSD 527GB Free (1TB Total)

12 hours ago, Aeriya said:

I have Asus ROG GJA20 with GTO 750 and I've tried everything as well, and still have crashing, and NO I'm NOT USING RAZER or whatever the Asus BG program is. I am going to the bigger source for help now, Asus themselves. I've only had this PC for less than a year, I'm hoping they'll offer me a way to send this PC in and pay the difference towards a newer/upgraded model. Any possibilities of this happening? Honestly I wish I had someone to just make my PC but the only person I knew who could moved away sadly, and I don't want to trust some random person I don't feel confident in making my PC for me, also I don't really have the funds right now. I just want to play the game, and ASUS PCs were said to be pretty dang nice but I feel rather let down by both ASUS and Nvidia and also this game which is mysteriously causing conflicts for quite a lot of people. (GAMEGUARD)

I have an Asus ROG GJA20 with GTO 750 and I've been having the same issues since the official release. I did everything the support team and community suggested but it didn't work. However the game hasn't crashed and black screened on me now....yet. Did some tinkering and no idea if it is permanent fix

I think everyone here should just try gitting gud.

I played this game a while back on my old 100% AMD computer, nothing special, worked perfectly fine.

My super amazing custom computer ALSO runs it perfectly fine.

AMD GPU (R9 290 Vapor-X OC)

Intel CPU (i7 4790k)

8GB RAM

Works great... when I actually get through the *cricket* queues.

Started playing the game yesterday was working 100% smoothly and PC is not an issue, today I am getting the same issue (instant crash of the game leading to PC crash with GREEN/BLACK screen). 

CPU: i7 4930MX (even disabled the overclock but didn't help me either)

PS.  I am razer user and disabling all razer utilities/exe still didn't help.

Archived