Upgrading Soul Shields?

Hi,

could anyone explain to me how upgrading the Soul Shield pieces work? I mean I can see that I need other Soul Shields but nearly all of them can't be used for the upgrade. That doesn't seem pretty logic to me since I can't tell why those pieces can't be used.^^

So there must be requirements wich pieces can be used to upgrade your existing Soul Shield. Does anyone know more about this?

I believe the pieces that the soul shield artisan (or whatever it's called) tradeskill crafts are intended to be used as upgrade components, though I'll admit I've never tried it.  (and for all I know, they're no longer craftable.  the Radiant ring guys could craft jewelery in Beta, but I don't see the option there now)

Oh I have the soul shield crafting job. And I crafted some of them. Tried to put them on my level 41 soul shield from the vendor but it didn't work, they are just "grey"/not useable as components.

And in the beta I rarely could use some found pieces as components but most of them not. And that is what confuses me, it seems to be totaly random wich pieces can be used and wich can't be used.

But there must be requirements I just don't see.

Someone told me that the crafted shields can be used. (so I crafted some with crit)

From what I can gather there are certain restrictions as to what level of soul shields you can use to enchant others. Usually you cannot use Sould Shields of set X to enchant also set X. I speculate that they 'enchant ingredient' has to be lower level / lower power than the one you are enchanting. But not too low since it won't let me enchant level 36 Soul Shields with Level 5 grey ones. 

Upgrading Soul Shields seem complicated at first, but it's pretty easy. The easiest way to do it is getting the soul shields from the wheele of fortunes. I do have to note that soul shield upgrading is not like upgrading weapons in other games. It doesn't give a bonus to the current stat. It will take the main stat of the soul shield you're using for the upgrade and it will transfer it to the Soul shield you want to upgrade it with. It will take a maximum of +15 of the stat below lvl40.

Steps:

- Get Soul Shields from the Wheele of Fortune (Golden Destroyer, Scorpion bosses)

- Salvage the shields to get a item that looks like yellow sand. (Forgot the name, not logged in atm. I'm too used to the JP version).

- Now select the Soul Shield you want to upgrade with the refine button

- Choose the Soul Shield you want to use for the upgrade.

It's pretty much this.

Archived