Why only two character slots, AND...

Froggyman

On 1/25/2016 at 3:29 AM, Nickilli said:

No 2 per server is the norm.

Cosmetics are where they need to make money that has no effect on game play.

Again simple point is you younger gamer's are so used to just tossing money for bad design you think it is normal to provide a crap product.

It would be like for example just because there is a one legged tailor in your town it would be acceptable for him to charge you for the second leg on your pair of pants because that is the Norm to him.

You didn't play Archeage then it was 2 per account you could get up to six and that then could be spread amongst servers but you had to buy those other four slots. If you wanted to test servers and characters you had to either delete or buy more slots. Neverwinter (I believe was one server NA, One for EU) started with two slots and you had to buy more. So it is the norm these days and it's not per server not anymore 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And i will add i bought 2 slots to increase to four so I could keep trying new characters and be in game while ones I knew I wouldn't play deleted. Guess what I now have three empty slots because I am in love with my Summoner i am not planning on leveling another toon until I have this one in a good place. 

I might save them for Warlock and any other class that might be added to test them. Two slots is a minor inconvience, especially since you can just create another account and get 2 more slots free 

World has to be free.Your internet too,pc as well.Go make a protest infront of google or intel offices that you demand them to give you some fancy internet and proccessor for completly free Because one day somewhere someone could become your friend and eventually will not buy ther product BECAUSE they didn't give you free stuff....how dare they want money tctc.

its not instant if im not mistake it scales with level -though honestly i havent had to wait longer than something like 7 or 8 mins max so far - sure im premium but i also figure out if i like i class or not in short order - i can usually tell by level 10 the latest if it doesnt feel like its getting better to play i quit and delete then make a new one on another slot- then again i upgraded to masters while they had it up so i do have 7 char slots right now :/

58 minutes ago, UnitedStrafes said:

Who said I was trying to do anything? I've played SW,TERA and this game as far as MMOs go so you'd have to ask someone else although I'm sure besides SW there's MANY more that exist.

Well Tera has 2 characters per server. While this game it's just 2 characters, so not really a good comparison. If you're so sure that other mmo's have 2 characters only then it wouldn't be too hard to prove it.

1 example isn't enough to prove that a majority shares the same practice.

7 minutes ago, Drremorre said:

Well Tera has 2 characters per server. While this game it's just 2 characters, so not really a good comparison. If you're so sure that other mmo's have 2 characters only then it wouldn't be too hard to prove it.

1 example isn't enough to prove that a majority shares the same practice.

Ok cool who said I was trying to prove a *cricket*ing thing?

Just now, UnitedStrafes said:

Ok cool who said I was trying to prove a *cricket*ing thing?

Your the one saying that most games use 2 character limit, then you list 1 game that does it. So saying that "meany" other games follow this isn't really accurate to say.

Put simply I'm just trying to disprove your point that meany games have a 2 character limit.

3 minutes ago, Drremorre said:

Your the one saying that most games use 2 character limit, then you list 1 game that does it. So saying that "meany" other games follow this isn't really accurate to say.

Put simply I'm just trying to disprove your point that meany games have a 2 character limit.

No I'm not, moron. That was some poster called Nickilli, reading is hard. I'm just simply telling of the one I know for sure and I know for sure because it's 1 of the 3 MMOs I've played in my life including this one.

1 hour ago, UnitedStrafes said:

... I'm sure besides SW there's MANY more that exist.

Just now, UnitedStrafes said:

No I'm not, moron.

So this isn't you then?

All I'm asking is to list these other games that share the same method as you described, no need to get mad and start name calling.

7 minutes ago, Drremorre said:

Your the one saying that most games use 2 character limit,

Nope that's not me sonny. Ya and if I did some research I'd find you a dozen games that do, will I spend my time doing it, no, because I know I'll be right and I have no reason to try to prove anything for an argument as stupid as this.  So if you want TWO games that have a TWO character limit sure, Blade and Soul and Star Wars the Old Republic, that's 2 out of three MMOs I've ever played, cya, gg, wp.

5 minutes ago, UnitedStrafes said:

Nope that's not me sonny. Ya and if I did some research I'd find you a dozen games that do, will I spend my time doing it, no, because I know I'll be right and I have no reason to try to prove anything for an argument as stupid as this.  So if you want TWO games that have a TWO character limit sure, Blade and Soul and Star Wars the Old Republic, that's 2 out of three MMOs I've ever played, cya, gg, wp.

Well I'm glad that you admitted that you don't posses enough knowledge to come to the conclusion that most games have a 2 character limit. You can't really use B&S as an example since that's the game in question which kind of excuses it.

Since you won't list examples of games that have 2 character limit I'll list game that let you create more then 2 characters. Dungeon Fighter Online, Vindictus, Tera (if you count the 2 per server), Elsword, Mabinogi, Maplestory, Rift (same rules as tera) aura kingdom, and ragnarok online 2. I could list more but the goal is to list a good number of examples not all of them.

It's hard to have a discution about something if you lack knowledge in what you're talking about. You should at least know more (or be willing to research) about your side of the discussion to properly defend it. Playing 3 games (only one of which fits your character limit example) isn't enough to claim that to say that most MMO's share this practice.

1 hour ago, Drremorre said:

Well I'm glad that you admitted that you don't posses enough knowledge to come to the conclusion that most games have a 2 character limit. You can't really use B&S as an example since that's the game in question which kind of excuses it.

Since you won't list examples of games that have 2 character limit I'll list game that let you create more then 2 characters. Dungeon Fighter Online, Vindictus, Tera (if you count the 2 per server), Elsword, Mabinogi, Maplestory, Rift (same rules as tera) aura kingdom, and ragnarok online 2. I could list more but the goal is to list a good number of examples not all of them.

It's hard to have a discution about something if you lack knowledge in what you're talking about. You should at least know more (or be willing to research) about your side of the discussion to properly defend it. Playing 3 games (only one of which fits your character limit example) isn't enough to claim that to say that most MMO's share this practice.

Ya never said they did share it, but I know they do so. Cya gg.

• 2 years later...
On 1/19/2016 at 11:57 PM, StrawberryMilk said:

It'd be nice to see what server you're choosing first, but the character slots are important, if they make it too easy to spam out f2p characters every name will be taken instantly.
Remember these names are cross-server x_x

If you see the premium benefits it's barely anything, and especially nothing gamebreaking, all tiny quality of life things. You don't need to sub/pay to this game.

lmmao , wow have 12 milion account in their history and yet never suffer from this problem

8 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

ToS says it's not allowed.

On the necro point - They keep repeating tp use search function before posting, sooo...

well they didn't put archive system that exist in reddit that if 6 month go or something then you can no longer post so it make sense anyone can just come and post anytime , like i said this is the public internet , beside threat maybe dead but people who post their comments still here so its not really neco technically

Archived