Forums

Why only two character slots, AND...

Froggyman

You can play till level 14 on any character complete all the training quests and get a feel for if you like that character, then if you don't delete them in 5 minutes.

The thing is you are complaining about two slots, but what game gives large amounts of currency and such at a low level. If you want more character slots, play the game and unlock them.

There is a tutorial, both on the website, and a quest in the game that introduces you to every crafting guild. It as at lvl 15 in Jadestone village.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

now why in hell would I get to 45 with a character I do not like or want to continue playing.

really that is the issue no coin at LOW levels to buy slots while we learn what characters we want to play.

that is why we need more then 2 slots in total.

I have never played any game that limited you to 2 total slots 2 per server for f2p yes but not this crap of gouge the players at every step.

Crafting is a joke in this game not even a tutorial how to join a craft guild at the level you can join/

Do research if you want to know what to play. They describe it to you, show you a little video, and obviously there's information on every class online. By 14 I'd assume you understand the basics of what a class is and if you want to continue or not.

As an example here, I prefer fast melee, and I've found a lot of fun in Blade Dancer and Assassin, where I find Summoner more boring and only have one for a friend of mine.

Oh look another "I want more" post from someone complaining about a game that they are playing for FREE. This is why we need to stop the F2P generation of gaming.

Can't afford to play games, tough, find another hobby or get a better job.

researching and reading and watching others play only tells you so much.

Different people with different reaction times need to play the character to decide if it fits their play style.

Limiting to only 2 total character slots is nothing more then a asinine cash grab from people that have learned to bend over and take it

from Korean grind and highly monetized games.... Two slots per server is the norm in the west.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 2:45 PM, Froggyman said:

And why in the heck does it not matter what server we pick until AFTER the character is created? This is possibly one the WORST systems I have ever seen in an MMO, and let's just say at one point in my life I was closely associated to Nexon. Take that however you will, but if your goal is to emulate Nexon America, you may as well just shut yourselves down.

TWO character slots is an insult to the free to play gamers that will not be able to afford your slots. Especially when you have six or seven different classes to play from. Keeping your players doing something new is a BIG way to SELL items in micro shops. New character, BRAND NEW EXP pool, lots of levels, lots of pots. It's beautiful. You are shooting yourselves in the foot in the long run by doing this.

I've been waiting for this game to come out since before I can remember anymore. I had always planned to spend what I could in support of the game, and for me maybe that would be fine, and all of my problems go away, I can queue faster, I can have more money, more exp, it'd be great. I will more than likely do it when I feel it is a good time. But I want people in my parties. I want people in my guild, I want to take down other big guilds, and side with bigger guilds, and become this massive force of players who love this game, and if you don't have the industry knowledge to understand that MOST of those players are GOING to be COMPLETELY FREE TO PLAY PLAYERS, if you SCARE OFF MY potential guildmates, and MY potential raids, and future allies, and all of that fun I COULD HAVE..

I am not giving you one cent. And I KNOW others will follow suit. This needs to be addressed, SOON.

Like you said free to play. How do you think they make money?

Obviously it is not one of the worst systems you have seen. You've taken the time to post about it on the forums.

"SCARE OF" LOL, sorry to break it to you they have plenty of people playing this game and they just keep flooding in. Grow up kid, you might think everything might revolve around your little fantasy world but it doesn't.

You sound like a you use to play Dekaron. :)

2 minutes ago, Doowie said:

Oh look another "I want more" post from someone complaining about a game that they are playing for FREE. This is why we need to stop the F2P generation of gaming.

Can't afford to play games, tough, find another hobby or get a better job.

LOL I guarantee I make way more then you do but that is not the point. Morons that toss money to bad game design is what has ruined the MMO Market.

People need to learn to speak with their wallets so game companies stop releasing games that are less then half done then try to sell you the individual pieces.

2 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

researching and reading and watching others play only tells you so much.

Different people with different reaction times need to play the character to decide if it fits their play style.

Limiting to only 2 total character slots is nothing more then a asinine cash grab from people that have learned to bend over and take it

from Korean grind and highly monetized games.... Two slots per server is the norm in the west.

You have a LOT of companies to go talk to then. Two character slots is the usual for free to play. Like stated before, level up to 14 and see how it looks to you then. Even if it isn't much to you, research helps out. If you can't find the class you enjoy then I apologize, but you'll have to bear with it.

1 minute ago, Nickilli said:

LOL I guarantee I make way more then you do but that is not the point. Morons that toss money to bad game design is what has ruined the MMO Market.

People need to learn to speak with their wallets so game companies stop releasing games that are less then half done then try to sell you the individual pieces.

This isn't a situation where speaking with your wallet makes a difference. You can get the slots for completely free by just playing the game and getting lucky with RNG (Which Prem doesn't boost the odds, just slightly boosts the amount.)

Let's say we gave you the character slots. Then what? Would you demand all the costumes for free next? What about if you didn't like your name? Will you make your cricket noises to demand free name changes? You aren't speaking with a wallet here.

I speak with my desire to enjoy my pass time of gaming. You may or may not earn more than what I make in a year, but unfortunately the typical gamers now are casual gamers, who will pay for everything to get it now as they do not want to progress through a proper system.

That is why you can be max level well within 24 hours. 

We tried to speak with our wallets, when people tried to stop others from preordering games due to being ripped off with horrid creations, but again the casual gamers don't care as they just rather buy it and play it when they have time.

Gaming as unfortunately changed and I doubt we'll see it back in it's hay day of where the people you played against were gamers.

The thread creator through is one of the wannabe gamers, who believe that everything should be given to him for free because he deserves it. What they need though is a slap to remove the yellow from their teeth and a wake up call to join the rest of reality.

1 minute ago, Jaridavin said:

You have a LOT of companies to go talk to then. Two character slots is the usual for free to play. Like stated before, level up to 14 and see how it looks to you then. Even if it isn't much to you, research helps out. If you can't find the class you enjoy then I apologize, but you'll have to bear with it.

This isn't a situation where speaking with your wallet makes a difference. You can get the slots for completely free by just playing the game and getting lucky with RNG (Which Prem doesn't boost the odds, just slightly boosts the amount.)

Let's say we gave you the character slots. Then what? Would you demand all the costumes for free next? What about if you didn't like your name? Will you make your cricket noises to demand free name changes? You aren't speaking with a wallet here.

No 2 per server is the norm.

Cosmetics are where they need to make money that has no effect on game play.

Again simple point is you younger gamer's are so used to just tossing money for bad design you think it is normal to provide a crap product.

It would be like for example just because there is a one legged tailor in your town it would be acceptable for him to charge you for the second leg on your pair of pants because that is the Norm to him.

33 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

now why in hell would I get to 45 with a character I do not like or want to continue playing.

really that is the issue no coin at LOW levels to buy slots while we learn what characters we want to play.

I have never played any game that limited you to 2 total slots 2 per server for f2p yes but not this crap of gouge the players at every step.

Crafting is a joke in this game not even a tutorial how to join a craft guild at the level you can join/

There is a entire quest dedicated to talk to craft guilds reps. Do you read your missions? lol

On 20/1/2016 at 0:25 PM, Lock6 said:

Hi,

There is also the option of buying character expansion slots using Hongmoon Coin, once the exchange opens you will be able to sell your gold for this currency and buy a new character slot without spending any real money at all.

May I ask what the ratio is? gold : hongmoon coin, and how much 1 hongmoon is worth towards the price of stuff?

1 minute ago, Nickilli said:

No 2 per server is the norm.

Cosmetics are where they need to make money that has no effect on game play.

Again simple point is you younger gamer's are so used to just tossing money for bad design you think it is normal to provide a crap product.

It would be like for example just because there is a one legged tailor in your town it would be acceptable for him to charge you for the second leg on your pair of pants because that is the Norm to him.

The only difference for servers here is World PVP, otherwise everything is connected. Therefor, you can in theory say there's only 1 servers, just mini branches.

And stop saying, "younger gamers," like every *cricket* seems to. Not everyone that sides with a company or a game is young and blind. Funny enough, it could be in the reverse. 

Just now, Mesmerize said:

May I ask what the ratio is? gold : hongmoon coin, and how much 1 hongmoon is worth towards the price of stuff?

To answer your question for you, it depends. There are three types of Ventures, green, blue, and purple. All are rare, but green is more common, blue is middle, and purple is the rarest. You get them from a few daily chests and you'll see them on the drop list for it. I don't have blue or puple memorized, but I believe it was somewhere around 60-80 coins for the green. It also costs 10 silver, as the item you need is 1 silver and you need 10 of them (but only 1 venture.)

58 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

hmm weird i never needed a guide for most games i play cause the Merical that most are to lazy to do which are OMG GOOGLE Rocks or OMG Youtube is also a great way for Info leaving WoW to join this was probably one of my best life choices PS Imersion Bro i don't like being fed everything and theirs a fine line between being chocked full of Tuterials when really just need the essentials to know wtf to do sorry my english is very bad sigh as you can read but aslong as you understood thats all that matters screw Grammar and Spelling :D End Result is Learn to Google and Youtube or continue to be brain dead the choice is yours

I'm more disappointed by the fact that you have a maximum of 7 characters, total, per account. I don't really want to make a new account, since I already bought a founder's pack for my first one and am not super interested in losing the premium login perk OR paying for a second account to have it. I went into this anticipating the ability to shell out cash for a new character slot whenever I felt like (I'm an altaholic, I gave Arenanet a ton of money for Guild Wars 1 character slots), and, well... I already had the max of 7 after applying my codes. I don't really have anything else I'm interested in spending money on, especially since the cosmetics shop is pretty barebones at the moment and not much of anything in it catches my eye.

I honestly don't get why people complain about games not being completely free.  A game being free to play means you will be able to play the game for free, it does not mean every feature to the game will be free. The game company needs to make money to be able to afford the bills to keep the game from being shut down. Let's grow up people and realize that nothing in this world is truly free. Everything cost something.  Also how hard is it to research classes you think you might like before you try them, I mean honestly it is a quick google and you're done.  Most people have a gist of what their play style preference is. So just look up the classes.  If you can post comments on this forum to complain you can afford 5 bucks of topping up to get more class slots if you're that impatient to just delete a character class test that you didn't like.   You pay your Internet bill so you can afford the things you're getting emotional over, lol.  People think their entitled to everything for free. As someone who use to play Nexon games the price to get a character slot is 2x cheaper than it is for a Nexon extra character slot. So you can't even come here and bring up Nexon. Just stop, please.  Also you can save your character appearance in this game so if you don't like a server really, or whatever your issue may be you can just recreate your character. Leveling in this game isn't hard so I'm honestly not seeing the problem.  Geesh. People act as if a game is doing something so horrible by trying to make some money to maintain the existence of the game.  Stop acting as if the game company will be able to survive if they make no money.  Such childish mindsets don't thrive in the real world.  The company has to pay it's co-workers as well. If you can't even afford the things that you're upset over than you shouldn't even have a computer or Internet access. Because those things also costed you money. Just because you paid for those doesn't mean everything on the Internet is now free completely.

22 hours ago, Forcekin said:

Nice sentence! Here, you need these more than I do: ,,,,,,,,,,,.......!!!!!!????------;;;;;;;

honestly nice try i just dont care enough to use proper punctuation as im usually typing it out and moving on not really investing a lot of time on it so thanks but its no biggie to me either way :P lol

20 minutes ago, capncronic365 said:

honestly nice try i just dont care enough to use proper punctuation as im usually typing it out and moving on not really investing a lot of time on it so thanks but its no biggie to me either way :P lol

Why would anyone else give a shit what you have to say if even you don't?

On 1/20/2016 at 6:25 AM, Lock6 said:

Hi,

There is also the option of buying character expansion slots using Hongmoon Coin, once the exchange opens you will be able to sell your gold for this currency and buy a new character slot without spending any real money at all.

one of the things many people over look is the fact you can buy things with the Hongmoon coins gotten in the gamer .. SURE it takes a lot longer but then you didn't pay anything either ..

also 2 character slots IS annoying on paper but not that bad since you don't have to pay for the extras if you don't want to and MANY games offer only 2 or 3 slots like EVE is 3 characters only (though bad to mention it since it can take a year just to get going on that game) or SWToR which i think FTP is 3 or 4 characters to start ..

by 15th level i pretty much figured out what classes I didn't like much so IF it takes to 45th level or even 30th you need to try more of what the game has to offer to get a better feel for the class and game

On 25/1/2016 at 11:09 AM, SosukeRyugamine said:

I honestly don't get why people complain about games not being completely free.  A game being free to play means you will be able to play the game for free, it does not mean every feature to the game will be free. The game company needs to make money to be able to afford the bills to keep the game from being shut down. Let's grow up people and realize that nothing in this world is truly free. Everything cost something.  Also how hard is it to research classes you think you might like before you try them, I mean honestly it is a quick google and you're done.  Most people have a gist of what their play style preference is. So just look up the classes.  If you can post comments on this forum to complain you can afford 5 bucks of topping up to get more class slots if you're that impatient to just delete a character class test that you didn't like.   You pay your Internet bill so you can afford the things you're getting emotional over, lol.  People think their entitled to everything for free. As someone who use to play Nexon games the price to get a character slot is 2x cheaper than it is for a Nexon extra character slot. So you can't even come here and bring up Nexon. Just stop, please.  Also you can save your character appearance in this game so if you don't like a server really, or whatever your issue may be you can just recreate your character. Leveling in this game isn't hard so I'm honestly not seeing the problem.  Geesh. People act as if a game is doing something so horrible by trying to make some money to maintain the existence of the game.  Stop acting as if the game company will be able to survive if they make no money.  Such childish mindsets don't thrive in the real world.  The company has to pay it's co-workers as well. If you can't even afford the things that you're upset over than you shouldn't even have a computer or Internet access. Because those things also costed you money. Just because you paid for those doesn't mean everything on the Internet is now free completely.

F2P is just an excuse to rip off more money than a game is worth. The amount of money they earn for the quality of content players receive isn't balanced. Games are phsycologically made to hook you up, and in extreme cases, make you feel like you're left behind if you don't put way more money on it.

On 1/19/2016 at 1:45 PM, Froggyman said:

And why in the heck does it not matter what server we pick until AFTER the character is created? This is possibly one the WORST systems I have ever seen in an MMO, and let's just say at one point in my life I was closely associated to Nexon. Take that however you will, but if your goal is to emulate Nexon America, you may as well just shut yourselves down.

TWO character slots is an insult to the free to play gamers that will not be able to afford your slots. Especially when you have six or seven different classes to play from. Keeping your players doing something new is a BIG way to SELL items in micro shops. New character, BRAND NEW EXP pool, lots of levels, lots of pots. It's beautiful. You are shooting yourselves in the foot in the long run by doing this.

I've been waiting for this game to come out since before I can remember anymore. I had always planned to spend what I could in support of the game, and for me maybe that would be fine, and all of my problems go away, I can queue faster, I can have more money, more exp, it'd be great. I will more than likely do it when I feel it is a good time. But I want people in my parties. I want people in my guild, I want to take down other big guilds, and side with bigger guilds, and become this massive force of players who love this game, and if you don't have the industry knowledge to understand that MOST of those players are GOING to be COMPLETELY FREE TO PLAY PLAYERS, if you SCARE OFF MY potential guildmates, and MY potential raids, and future allies, and all of that fun I COULD HAVE..

I am not giving you one cent. And I KNOW others will follow suit. This needs to be addressed, SOON.

I see an issue

"TWO character slots is an insult to the free to play gamers that will not be able to afford your slots."

"Keeping your players doing something new is a BIG way to SELL items in micro shops."

If theyre not going t buy character slots why would they buy anything from micro shops? Especially as much as youre saying theyll buy

Archived