Forums

Why only two character slots, AND...

Froggyman

And why in the heck does it not matter what server we pick until AFTER the character is created? This is possibly one the WORST systems I have ever seen in an MMO, and let's just say at one point in my life I was closely associated to Nexon. Take that however you will, but if your goal is to emulate Nexon America, you may as well just shut yourselves down.

TWO character slots is an insult to the free to play gamers that will not be able to afford your slots. Especially when you have six or seven different classes to play from. Keeping your players doing something new is a BIG way to SELL items in micro shops. New character, BRAND NEW EXP pool, lots of levels, lots of pots. It's beautiful. You are shooting yourselves in the foot in the long run by doing this.

I've been waiting for this game to come out since before I can remember anymore. I had always planned to spend what I could in support of the game, and for me maybe that would be fine, and all of my problems go away, I can queue faster, I can have more money, more exp, it'd be great. I will more than likely do it when I feel it is a good time. But I want people in my parties. I want people in my guild, I want to take down other big guilds, and side with bigger guilds, and become this massive force of players who love this game, and if you don't have the industry knowledge to understand that MOST of those players are GOING to be COMPLETELY FREE TO PLAY PLAYERS, if you SCARE OFF MY potential guildmates, and MY potential raids, and future allies, and all of that fun I COULD HAVE..

I am not giving you one cent. And I KNOW others will follow suit. This needs to be addressed, SOON.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'd be nice to see what server you're choosing first, but the character slots are important, if they make it too easy to spam out f2p characters every name will be taken instantly.
Remember these names are cross-server x_x

If you see the premium benefits it's barely anything, and especially nothing gamebreaking, all tiny quality of life things. You don't need to sub/pay to this game.

ok so im just gonna point 1 small thing out and its only in regards to the 2 character slots for f2p that you start with- fun fact thats actually the norm these days i have no idea what games you are talking about or how long its been for you however i can tell you this much many many games these days that are f2p only give you about 2 character slots to start with unless you buy more also im not talking older games basically anything roughly after say 2010 ish that kinda just became the norm so your rage at only getting 2 character slots is a bit inconceivable to me as thats been fairly typical of f2p model mmo's for about 6yrs now while some rare ones do give you more they are the ones that are a bit offbeat with whats typical sorry to say but thats just how it typically is these days its not outlandish nor outrageous its normal your rage in so far as this specific concern goes is a bit erm baffling as its not all that rare to find f2p games that do this but whatever your you im me dont agree if you dont want to its completely your choice im not gonna argue im just stating what i know to be common knowledge

Yeah, the 2 character restriction is definitely a hindrance. While I don't think the character expansions are overpriced in any way (they seem to be around 5 bucks?), I think it's actually a hindrance because it's not exclusive to whatever server you choose, it's two character across ALL servers. I can't recall coming across a game so restricted like that (TERA starts off at 2 characters PER server), and makes me wonder if the game just doesn't have that much content, even though it took 4 years to get here.

Yeah, I agree. 2 characters per ACCOUNT is ridiculous hopefully they change this soon. I mean it's not a huge deal since I have like 10 different e-mails, other than making me sign up for their game 10 times and having to switch accounts dozens of times, but I know there's tons of people that won't stand for this. I could see 2 characters per server for f2p or possibly even 1 character per server, but 2 characters per account in a game that offers 7 different characters is a joke. Hopefully they can find other ways to make money off this game other than basically cheesing everyone to try to get people to buy slots just to play the game how it should be. 

I have to agree 2 character per account on f2p is pretty standard. character slot, bank slots to expend bank is also pretty standard and often only a few bags b4 u need to buy more.i don't know where u have been playing but f2p games need ways to make money to pay for their employees.

No offense, but if you cannot afford $5 then the last thing thing you ought to worry about it a video game. Now I'm not saying you should necessarily gift NCSoft money fist over palm, but what you said is just plain melodramatic. They're not going to open up a wealth of character slots for free when the whole intent of a F2P is making money. Two slots is plenty for you to use one as a main and the other to dick around using the other classes. If you need more, buy it. 

And if you're really that hard done by. Just make another account. Voila, two more slots.

35 minutes ago, Mishi said:

Well you can increase character slots by buying the item to do so.

If trying to do it 100% free then make a new account. 

The company has to make money somehow without causing the game to be P2W.

Then they should change it to "Free to test" because 2/7 characters is not "Free to Play". If they can't make enough money off of skins and other content then that's their fault, they should have made a subscription based game or have people actually have to buy it. There's lots of other true free games out there right now that don't do this bait and switch stuff and are actually f2p that still make millions purely from cosmetic items. Another thing that bothers me is this "Pay to play" aspect. Hundreds of people are trying to get in to play and instead of upgrading their servers (which they NEED to do anyways), they give an option to pay to play. I waited hours to play and let me tell you this game is not worth a $5 to cut in line or even waiting hours to play it.

8 minutes ago, DrRob said:

Then they should change it to "Free to test" because 2/7 characters is not "Free to Play". If they can't make enough money off of skins and other content then that's their fault, they should have made a subscription based game or have people actually have to buy it. There's lots of other true free games out there right now that don't do this bait and switch stuff and are actually f2p that still make millions purely from cosmetic items. Another thing that bothers me is this "Pay to play" aspect. Hundreds of people are trying to get in to play and instead of upgrading their servers (which they NEED to do anyways), they give an option to pay to play. I waited hours to play and let me tell you this game is not worth a $5 to cut in line or even waiting hours to play it.

Actually Free to play is just fine, since paying gives you benefits which add to convenience. 

Especially when you can only play 1 character at a time in game. 

Free to play:

Inconvenient to make multiple accounts to switch between to have more than 2 characters. 

Pay for More characters:

You get the convenience of having more then 2 character slots. 

As for subscription: BnS has it.

As for the game not being worth 5.00 to you, it was well worth the money for me. Though thats all opinion.  (And I didn't wait for free to play launch, but that was my choice.)

1 hour ago, DrRob said:

First of all I am one of the people who'd rather have subscription only games in favor of the recent "Free to play boom", because most of the time the free to play model (pay2win). Now that this is out of the way I think you are completely wrong. Why should they change it to |free to test"? You can play this game and all its features with just those two character slots. They are not gating content behind a paywall.

If you don't intend to spend any money on the game why not just create a second account and bam 4 character slots, another account 6 and so on. This doesn't even prevent you from multiboxing. You can send items between your characters like the ones who are paying for premium can etc.

• NCSOFT

Hi,

There is also the option of buying character expansion slots using Hongmoon Coin, once the exchange opens you will be able to sell your gold for this currency and buy a new character slot without spending any real money at all.

4 minutes ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

There is also the option of buying character expansion slots using Hongmoon Coin, once the exchange opens you will be able to sell your gold for this currency and buy a new character slot without spending any real money at all.

Oh nice! Didn't know of this. 

• NCSOFT
2 minutes ago, Twiko said:

Oh nice! Didn't know of this. 

Glad to help :)

You can buy a lot of stuff from the store with Hongmoon Coin, if you look at the tabs on the right-hand edge of the store window it's the one in the middle.

2 hours ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

Best response! It's awesome we can get slots using ingame currency. Anyway, 400 ncoin is not a bad price. 

2 free characters is enough to know if you like the game or not, imo. If you feel like involved in the game, toss some bucks/euros. You'll have better quality in your daily gaming :)

I'm not talking about hundreds, just some minor buyings in the cash shop or a premium sub. If the game is entertaining you, the company deserves a bit of your money imo.

22 hours ago, Froggyman said:

I've been waiting for this game to come out since before I can remember anymore. I had always planned to spend what I could in support of the game, and for me maybe that would be fine, and all of my problems go away, I can queue faster, I can have more money, more exp, it'd be great. I will more than likely do it when I feel it is a good time. But I want people in my parties. I want people in my guild, I want to take down other big guilds, and side with bigger guilds, and become this massive force of players who love this game, and if you don't have the industry knowledge to understand that MOST of those players are GOING to be COMPLETELY FREE TO PLAY PLAYERS, if you SCARE OFF MY potential guildmates, and MY potential raids, and future allies, and all of that fun I COULD HAVE..

I am not giving you one cent. And I KNOW others will follow suit. This needs to be addressed, SOON.

i love how you say most of the players will be free to play players. thing is why should you a f2p player have all the same benefits we premium players have? you dont wanna spend a cent thats fine im gonna be spending alot of money on vanity as i know alot of others will as well. the rants are getting old at this point. as a f2p your expecting to be spoon fed everything but here is the thing games dont stay up if they are 100% free they need to make money to pay staff and such. i do hope they increase the server sizes but for now it does pay to have premium :3

On 1/19/2016 at 11:02 PM, capncronic365 said:

ok so im just gonna point 1 small thing out and its only in regards to the 2 character slots for f2p that you start with- fun fact thats actually the norm these days i have no idea what games you are talking about or how long its been for you however i can tell you this much many many games these days that are f2p only give you about 2 character slots to start with unless you buy more also im not talking older games basically anything roughly after say 2010 ish that kinda just became the norm so your rage at only getting 2 character slots is a bit inconceivable to me as thats been fairly typical of f2p model mmo's for about 6yrs now while some rare ones do give you more they are the ones that are a bit offbeat with whats typical sorry to say but thats just how it typically is these days its not outlandish nor outrageous its normal your rage in so far as this specific concern goes is a bit erm baffling as its not all that rare to find f2p games that do this but whatever your you im me dont agree if you dont want to its completely your choice im not gonna argue im just stating what i know to be common knowledge

Nice sentence! Here, you need these more than I do: ,,,,,,,,,,,.......!!!!!!????------;;;;;;;

This thread wasn't serious was it?

I think the topic kind of died when it was revealed that by playing the game you could for free unlock more characters. All you have to do is hit the hongmoon coin tab and see what you can get without paying. It happens to be 90% of the items in the store.

I have 7 character slots from being a master pack, I am using two characters. Why?, because there is so much to do daily wise be it faction, arena, dungeon, or run around quests that I don't really have time to use more characters.

In my opinion this topic seems like a child's rant. To each their own.

On 1/20/2016 at 6:25 AM, Lock6 said:

Hi,

what gold the gold we buy from gold sellers since nothing drops much in the way of in game coin other then a cooper here a cooper there... What an Fing Joke NCSoft is.

5 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

what gold the gold we buy from gold sellers since nothing drops much in the way of in game coin other then a cooper here a cooper there... What an Fing Joke NCSoft is.

Someone hasn't done any 45 dailies, just the Poh dailies can net you a few gold. I think I went from 2 gold to 6 just doing those dailies. Then there are the normal dungeon, faction and run around dailies.    It isn't hard to make gold in this game at all. Plus the auctions for crafter recipes or ingredients make some dungeon runs pretty profitable.

11 minutes ago, Yui said:

Someone hasn't done any 45 dailies, just the Poh dailies can net you a few gold. I think I went from 2 gold to 6 just doing those dailies. Then there are the normal dungeon, faction and run around dailies.    It isn't hard to make gold in this game at all. Plus the auctions for crafter recipes or ingredients make some dungeon runs pretty profitable.

now why in hell would I get to 45 with a character I do not like or want to continue playing.

really that is the issue no coin at LOW levels to buy slots while we learn what characters we want to play.

that is why we need more then 2 slots in total.

I have never played any game that limited you to 2 total slots 2 per server for f2p yes but not this crap of gouge the players at every step.

Crafting is a joke in this game not even a tutorial how to join a craft guild at the level you can join/

Archived