Network Error and downloading NCSoft Launcher just brings more Errors...

Jenasyde

Ok so when I download BnS_Lite_Installer.exe I get Network Errors every time, and I've downloaded it from different links, and then I tried installing the NC-LauncherSetup.exe when that didn't work and this is the Error I get now: [Launcher error] An error has occured.

Please restart the launcher. If this problem persists, please contact 

Customer Support at http://us.ncsoft.com/en/support/.

E03001

And I know for a fact that I'm not the only one with these errors. There's gotta be some solution, but I'm not finding it in other posts.

So if anyone has any solution please let me know.

Hello, Jenasyde! My name is Xeryllia! ^_^

I've been having the same Network Errors during the BnS_Lite_Installer.exe installation process as well, and have tried various links provided by Blade and Soul, like the ones on the Download, Launch Guide, and Technical Support pages. I think I've attempted this download at least 30 times today with no luck. ^_^;

I thought with everyone having to download Blade and Soul either for the first time, like me, or once again for the Founders, my Network Errors might be due to high traffic, but I decided to ask Support about that possibility. 

So, I've opened a Support Ticket regarding the Failed - Network Error issue, and have asked about traffic, but I'm waiting for a response to the diagnostic results they asked for since the download link they provided didn't work for me.

I hope we'll find something out very soon! ^_^

Best Wishes,

~ Xeryllia

Yes. ^_^;

@ezariahchun: Thank you for your help! Unfortunately, that's one of the link sources that hasn't worked for me. ^_^;

I did receive some help with my Ticket last night; I was told to attempt the MSCONFIG method, which I did both wirelessly and with an Ethernet connection, with and without anti-virus software, and was still unable to download the BnS_Lite_Installer.exe.

At this moment, I'm awaiting a reply to the information I gave Support. ^_^

Oh, so you were able to completely download the BnS_Lite_Installer.exe? I'm still waiting to find out what could be wrong with the links, if that's the issue. ^_^;

My last response from Support was ten minutes after midnight, around fifteen hours ago, and that was only to see if the MSCONFIG method would work for me, which it didn't. So, I really don't have any information about this issue at all. ^_^;

I'm so glad you were able to get through, though! Good luck, and have fun out there! ^_^

After the hours of research and trying every method in the book, it's good to see I'm not alone in this situation.
More than likely though it's just amazingly high traffic from all the players dive bombing the downloads/patching. Going to give it a couple days, probably trying once a day just to check, until the load lessens on the servers.

Also, Xeryllia be prepared for a lot of copy paste like replies from them. That's pretty much the same stuff they've been asking me the day or so I've been working with them. nothing they have suggested thus far has worked for me. which just makes it even more likely that it's an overload of people possibility and we're the unlucky few who can't get it to work like everyone else xD

I see. Thank you, Junkii! ^_^

I have received those "automated"-style responses, but given the numerous issues they need to address, I understand. ^_^

I suppose I should do the same and check in every once in a while, but my Ticket will remain open until this issue is resolved.

I wish you the best of luck with your download, and I hope it works for you soon! ^_^

Bump to the thread as I'd love to find a solution.

I'm not particularly sold it's an issue regarding lots of people downloading at once, since me and my friend downloaded the game on the 18th, a day before it officially launched. We downloaded at the same time and it worked for me, but my friend keeps getting a network error, and hasn't been able to download it even though he's tried about five+ times. If it was a problem regarding how many people downloaded it at once, it shouldn't have worked for me I would think? Although if that's really all it is, I might have him try downloading again. o:

Well they should have found and fixed this problem before they were trying to figure out how to the money out of us like those dumb starter pack. They are just too busy thinking of taking the money from us instead of actually making us enjoy the game. 

Here's another topic regarding the issue. It's located in bug reports, but so far there still isn't any word of acknowledgement from a GM, or whoever looks at this type of stuff.

Might as well try and link all reports of the issue in the same place so we can know how many are actually having the problem.

I've tested the issue on my other pc which I hadn't downloaded the game onto yet. I received the network error on that pc, which has windows 10, but is a fairly older laptop. I have good internet so that isn't the issue either. I play B&S on my brand new pc laptop,  which is also windows 10, so I think that rules out that it could just be a windows 10, laptop, or internet issue.

I found a few more threads with the same issue.

It seems like there was only one person able to fix it in that thread, but unfortunately they didn't post the link they used.

And using a link provided by B&S's twitter, someone else was able to get it to work. I've found the link on B&S's twitter, but don't know how to quote it on here, nor have I tested it out so if anyone does, let us know. ;o;

1 hour ago, MmaxprimeEevolutionN said:

I found the solution and only install the blade and ordinary soul then install ncsoft launcher and the blade installation and soul leave you guys create the shortcut and start for this shortcut and ready

Could you give step by step instructions so we may try that please? I'm not particularly sure how to install B&S separately from the launcher installer (the thing that installs the launcher so you can install B&S) c:

Another person with the issue.

I've also sent in a ticket and they responded suggesting it was my friend's anti-virus Avast. But he can't download even after disabling it, and I can download it while it's enabled. So far I haven't been able to reproduce the error.

Archived