Launcher closing when trying to log in.

RooHx

It seems like Alot of people are having this problem. However I have yet to see any responce to it or any update what they are doing to fix it. From some posts and forums I have gathered it seems they may have even known about this in Alpha. So, I for one, am very interested in whats going on? And wondering why it seems to be with NCLauncher specific. All other Launchers dont seem to have this problem.

I have this  same problem.  Uninstalled 3 times, also with and without microsoft visual c++ 2005 redistributable.  It does nothing after pressing Log In.  Not showing in Task

Manager also.   Running on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.

here's my crash dump..

saved dump file to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\ncLauncherR 2016-01-19 19-42-43.dmp'

<fault reason>
Microsoft C++ Exception

<user> Squirrel-Girl

<os>
Windows 7, Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601)

<cpu>
Page Size : 4096 B
Active Processor Mask : 15
Number Of Processor : 4
Processor Type : 586
Processor Level : 6
Processor Revision : 15363
Processor Speed : 3491 MHz

<memory>
34% of memory in use.
Total Physical Memory : 8053 MB
Avail Physical Memory : 0 MB
Total Paging File : 5290 MB
Avail Paging File : 0 MB
Total User Address Space : 16104 MB
Avail User Address Space : 0 MB

9 Hours i have been trying with not a word from any dev or staff member about this problem that is filling reddit, twitter or the forums.

I have heard of people telling you to remove MV C++ 2005 and install C++ 2008.. I apparently have both of them and numerous amounts and no other game EVER has had a problem with it.

Sloppy programming and customer support.

I also have this problem, the launcher stop running after login.

Report in the file says:

<fault reason>
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

<user>
LUCA

<os>
Windows 7, none (6.1.7600)

I tried some solutions, like running as admin, changing compatibility mode, disabling firewall and antivirus, and updating everything but nothing worked until now.

I noticed that once in a while when I try the login it does work correctly without changing anything, but next time I open it the problem is still there.

Click the "Start" button to bring up the Start Menu. Type in CMD into the "Search programs and files" field but do not hit enter. Doing this will change your start menu to show the program "cmd.exe." Right-click on "cmd.exe" and select "Run as Administrator." Type "netsh winsock reset" without the quotes. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt line. Once completed, please try connecting again.

You may need a restart after the command... not really sure if that matters though.

Hopefully this helps

3 hours ago, Jues said:

Click the "Start" button to bring up the Start Menu. Type in CMD into the "Search programs and files" field but do not hit enter. Doing this will change your start menu to show the program "cmd.exe." Right-click on "cmd.exe" and select "Run as Administrator." Type "netsh winsock reset" without the quotes. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt line. Once completed, please try connecting again.

You may need a restart after the command... not really sure if that matters though.

Hopefully this helps

Can confirm this works. 

Thanks. <3 Not been able to play since last night. :\ 

7 hours ago, Jues said:

Hopefully this helps

Comfirmed i can now downloade the patch and im hopeing i will be able to play =) tnx

Archived