[Solved]Client Error4049

Sheiba

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Windows 10 and got the same error (4049) when trying to update game guard and sometime when trying to update the client.

The solution I found that worked for me was to make sure my DNS setting was set to obtain automatically (I was using Google DNS).

15 minutes ago, TecHunger said:

I have Windows 10 and got the same error (4049) when trying to update game guard and sometime when trying to update the client.

The solution I found that worked for me was to make sure my DNS setting was set to obtain automatically (I was using Google DNS).

Interesting. Did changing just this work or was it changing the DNS setting on top of another fix?

2 minutes ago, misterstein said:

Interesting. Did changing just this work or was it changing the DNS setting on top of another fix?

I just changed the DNS setting after trying many fixes (firewall exception, disable firewall, reinstall game) and then reverting it all back before trying my final solution.

I got the same problem today, after playing the game fine for a few times. Got it fixed too.

The problem was that the GameGuard process got stuck, and kept running in the background. And if you launch the game, it tries to rerun it, and its programmed that if you try to run it, while its already running, it will show you the 4049 error message and quits.

All I did was open task manager and terminate the gameguard process and everything related to blade and soul. Tried playing the game, and it worked flawlessly.

Hope it helps somewhat.

(havent read all the posts, sorry if this had been posted before.)

apparently this problem was seem before on the CBT as well. This is the page they had for it. It has some more solutions than the ones listed here. Personally, I still couldnt get it to work, but it might help some of you.

4 hours ago, Jouju said:

I don't think it has anything to do with graphics cards, yesterday you said renaming Gameguard folder worked, what happened when it worked and what happened again for you to get this error again? 

yea its what *cricket*ing support told me -.- ill keep trying cuz i doubt its my graphics card they just lazy. I'll try after playing league

6 hours ago, Jouju said:

I don't think it has anything to do with graphics cards, yesterday you said renaming Gameguard folder worked, what happened when it worked and what happened again for you to get this error again? 

i got the loading screen for game made pin and after i press enter i got disconnected. and i tried doing old shit2 get past that part and got stuck in same place

6 hours ago, Osore said:

I got the same problem today, after playing the game fine for a few times. Got it fixed too.

The problem was that the GameGuard process got stuck, and kept running in the background. And if you launch the game, it tries to rerun it, and its programmed that if you try to run it, while its already running, it will show you the 4049 error message and quits.

All I did was open task manager and terminate the gameguard process and everything related to blade and soul. Tried playing the game, and it worked flawlessly.

Hope it helps somewhat.

(havent read all the posts, sorry if this had been posted before.)

dont see it running in background sadly zzz

3 hours ago, Sheiba said:

i got the loading screen for game made pin and after i press enter i got disconnected. and i tried doing old shit2 get past that part and got stuck in same place

Do you mean you are not getting error 4049 anymore?

12 hours ago, Jouju said:

Do you mean you are not getting error 4049 anymore?

i still am getting it sadly..and support telling me stuff i've tried already...uhh cmon i was able to make pin..it's got to be a game guard problem since renaming it worked once...

Error is caused by nProtect not performing its own update trough port 80.

Solution is following:
1. Close your web browser
2. Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Connections --> Lan Setting --> ALL BOXES MUST BE EMPTY --> Click OK & Apply
3. (if you have windows 10 you need to do this steep too) Windows 10 Start --> Settings --> Network & Internet --> Proxy --> ALL BOXES MUST BE EMPTY & ALL SWITCHES MUST BE SET TO OFF - Click Save
4. You are done enjoy the game :D !

Archived