CrimsonThorn

Jiwan is a Brazilian server?

I just joined Jiwan and was a little taken back about the ENDLESS spam is Portuguese.

Is it like this in other servers or did Brazilians establish themselves in Jiwan officially?

Krudeonn   

the top guilds brs made a pool and choose jiwan to join... so most of brazilians will go to this server.

LagunaL8   

No its not an unofficial brazillion server

No its not an unofficial RP server

There are too many small pockets of people calling it their own 'unofficial [insert something] server'

I've been on for the last prelaunch days doing alot of leveling but I havnt seen a huge number of different languages so its definatley NOT 24/7 (rather i think i seen a foreign language only once or twice)

Its possible it could be your time zone too but given the population of players, mushin and poha probably have a larger % of unofficial whatevers >_>

People have voted on a poll to make it an unoffical RP server, so its going to slowly become one. Plus there are already hyrbid or full rp guilds recruiting there anyway.

I do not know if it has been voted to be a BR base though, and frankly don't care as long as I can find english speakers still.

LagunaL8   

At this point the only difference is whos claim of 'unofficial whatever' is seen most >_>

I should claim on my preset site, jiwan is 'unofficial' asian server lol.....

6 hours ago, LagunaL8 said:

There are too many small pockets of people calling it their own 'unofficial [insert something] server'

I've been on for the last prelaunch days doing alot of leveling but I havnt seen a huge number of different languages so its definatley NOT 24/7 (rather i think i seen a foreign language only once or twice)

Its possible it could be your time zone too but given the population of players, mushin and poha probably have a larger % of unofficial whatevers >_>

BRs don't pay for prelaunch, and if the top guilds say it's the server they are going to, it becomes the unofficial br server whether you want to admit it or not.

anyways, RIP This server. 

Random   

I've heard from many people Jiwan is the BR server.

Edited by Random

LagunaL8   
12 minutes ago, ForumAccount said:

BRs don't pay for prelaunch, and if the top guilds say it's the server they are going to, it becomes the unofficial br server whether you want to admit it or not.

mm yeah with that logic jiwan is the brazilian RP server. right. Because it was the unofficial RP server before it was that :P

Sykess   
5 hours ago, BestWaifu said:

People have voted on a poll to make it an unoffical RP server, so its going to slowly become one. Plus there are already hyrbid or full rp guilds recruiting there anyway.

I do not know if it has been voted to be a BR base though, and frankly don't care as long as I can find english speakers still.

120/190 votes say Jiwan for RP Server. That's like such a small sample of people to declare it as an RP server.

Most of the guilds are going about as normal. The only RP and BR I've seen is from people complaining about it.

This server isn't being overrun by RP or BR.

45 minutes ago, Sykess said:

120/190 votes say Jiwan for RP Server. That's like such a small sample of people to declare it as an RP server.

Most of the guilds are going about as normal. The only RP and BR I've seen is from people complaining about it.

This server isn't being overrun by RP or BR.

Even if its a small numbers that means rpers will still be there. Noone said about it being overrun either. And its an unofficial declaration, unless NCsoft agrees to make Jiwan known as a rp server it can be whatever server you want it to be for you.

On 20/01/2016 at 1:41 AM, ForumAccount said:

Nationality  does not define one's character 
I have BR friends and who are great players, however there are some "BRs Huehue", few, however destroy the reputation of Brazilian players.

[Sorry for spelling mistakes, I missed some English classes. Yes, I have to study!]

Taichii   

I haven't seen that much BR or RP peoples in Jiwan.... Honestly though I find BR in EVERY NA game servers :/ are there BR servers for games or do they just join in a NA/EU game server?

Mental   

I haven't seen too many different language players in Jiwan tbh, yes there's some but they don't bother anyone much. The real problem is the people spamming faction chat with "I HATE BR"SS RIP THIS SERVERRR" and similar messages, they need to move on with their lives.

Funny thing happened, some guy was speaking in Spanish (not Portuguese which is the language of "BR's") and people we're calling him a BR and how he was ruining the server. Bigoted losers who blame another nationality or country for their life problems.

So also considering Mexico is part of North America, and a lot of players on faction chat were speaking in Spanish, they do technically belong here.

Edited by Mental

dmoe33   

it's not a big deal, im not gonna  RP if others want to more power to them im not judging 

As for BR its not a big deal either if lots of ppl from that region wanna come to a specific server more power to them it wont affect my gameplay so its not biggy 

Vod   

I do find it funny when people confuse Spanish speakers with BR. I had some retard insult me in Spanish, and then go huehuehue BR#1.

Fae   
On 1/19/2016 at 4:21 PM, LagunaL8 said:

Actually, it is the unofficial RP server. Small as the amount of RPers may be, Jiwan is where all those who wish to RP in B&S have decided to go. I venture you'll see more once the log in queues quit being awful and folks have more time to level, plan their characters, and establish RP hubs and clans.

As for unofficial BR server? I dunno, I don't know that they aren't on every server. I'm not sure why folks make such a big deal out of it? I haven't seen much Portuguese, and none of it has been outright spam (all spam has been from English speakers and gold sellers, who've been way more grating than the occasional "alguem guild BR?"). BR's tend to be awful players but are otherwise pretty harmless and not usually bad people, there's just a language barrier that prevents a lot of them from learning/understanding game mechanics. No matter what server you're on, if you do a cross-server party, you might end up with them, anyway.

Changels   

I'm honestly surprised NC hasn't done what other companies have done and outright blocked BR IPs from even accessing the server.

Kind of seems like a no brainer to be honest...

Heemi   
5 hours ago, Changels said:

I'm honestly surprised NC hasn't done what other companies have done and outright blocked BR IPs from even accessing the server.

Kind of seems like a no brainer to be honest...

I think that'd be a massive monetary loss, dude. Those Brazilians have every human right to play the game, and most who play the game end up paying for premium anyways, so...

It seems to me that a lot of the problem is translation. Would you be as prejudiced against the people of brazil if they spoke english and you could understand every word they were saying? Probably not. But sadly people dehumanize eachother for the dumbest of things nowadays, and I'm glad NCsoft is not having any of your whining influence them and their decisions.

Changels   
2 hours ago, Heemi said:

I think that'd be a massive monetary loss, dude. Those Brazilians have every human right to play the game, and most who play the game end up paying for premium anyways, so...

Last time I checked, the only thing BRs are known for purchasing is gold from illegal vendors. Look man, it's just a widely accepted fact that BRs are known to bring with them a host of issues and ruin online communities. The stereotype exist for a reason, and it's why plenty of online companies have blocked them from joining servers outside their region.

You can call that prejudice or whatever you want, but it doesn't stop the fact that a group of people spamming chat with "BR BR BR GIBE GOLD" and wrecking the market place is a real concern.  You also have the kind of impact on PvP it will have.

8 hours ago, Changels said:

Last time I checked, the only thing BRs are known for purchasing is gold from illegal vendors. Look man, it's just a widely accepted fact that BRs are known to bring with them a host of issues and ruin online communities. The stereotype exist for a reason, and it's why plenty of online companies have blocked them from joining servers outside their region.

You can call that prejudice or whatever you want, but it doesn't stop the fact that a group of people spamming chat with "BR BR BR GIBE GOLD" and wrecking the market place is a real concern.  You also have the kind of impact on PvP it will have.

Going off what Changels said, I can't agree more. I used to play TERA and came to Blade and Soul for the better story, lore, and artistic prowess. The only thing that TERA has above BnS is the fact they have no spammers that I am aware of. I've never seen one in person or even on global chat. Maybe NCSoft needs to contact En Masse to see how they do it. That's also my biggest complaint.

TERA has a BIG BR problem though. I used to ask myself what was wrong with Brazilians. I thought "Yeah, they should be fine if they speak English though, right?". It wasn't until PvP that my hatred gained ground. There's a battleground known as Corsairs Stronghold. It's centered around tactics as well as how much the characters can DPS. So let's say the leader says that everyone needs to go to the south gate. You know what the BRs do? Whatever the duck sauce they want. It pisses people off so much. Then during events when you're trying to farm things, generally most people will be polite and stay out of your farming territory. What do BRs do? Farm the place even when you ask politely for them to move. Not even the global--pardon my language--"f*** off" translates. So yes, they are a BIG problem. You can't coordinate anything. 

That isn't to say they are all bad. I met one really nice BR in a dungeon. We talked and it was a lot of fun. Even she acknowledged how irritating the other Brazilians were. When we got a Brazilian tank, and she talked to her--well even then we ended up failing it. 

Exclusively to Blade and Soul, I heard a FB group of BRs were thinking of making Jiwan their hub, but then changed their mind and went to another one. 

11 hours ago, Heemi said:

It seems to me that a lot of the problem is translation. Would you be as prejudiced against the people of brazil if they spoke english and you could understand every word they were saying? Probably not. But sadly people dehumanize eachother for the dumbest of things nowadays, and I'm glad NCsoft is not having any of your whining influence them and their decisions.

I know people have cool BR friends, but you cannot judge an entire country on the minority. If there were ways to weed the toxic BRs out, sure, most don't care, but the problem is, there isn't. The rest have to suffer, but it's not like BnS is the only game they have to play. Even if there wasn't the issue of translation, if BRs actively tried to be courteous or used general observation skills, there would be a lot less issues. Next to elitist bullies, BRs can be some of the biggest trolls. People don't hate them for nothing. Minimally, I still think they need their own server if you really want to argue them having "every human right to play the game", despite it being called an "NA" and "EU" release.

Last topic, RP. I have no clue what you have against us roleplayers, but honesty we keep to ourselves. What most people hate is specifically "ERP (Erotic Roleplay)", but many serious roleplayers condone doing that in public, as it's treated the same as real life in that aspect. If you really hate seeing RP, then just change channels. The RP community in BnS is small. Rather than waste your energy complaining about people improving their writing skills, use those protests to fight against a bigger issue, the spammers. 

If I had to rank the "issues" many people complain about, it would be:

1. Gold spammers
  2. BRs
  3. Roleplay

I still defend the latter to not being an issue at all though. You see, if you dress up your character, give him/her a different look, a different name, you're already roleplaying. Every time you pretend to be someone or something you are not, it is still a form of roleplay. 

Edited by HansAnderson
Correcting spelling mistakes.

Khalith   
3 hours ago, HansAnderson said:

Mabe NCSoft needs to contact En Masse to see how they do it. That's also my biggest complaint.

The NA Tera servers have a region lock.  They completely block all traffic from certain eastern countries, that includes a few certain countries well known for their RMT activities.  That is why TERA has no spammers.