Why won't this game download?

WoahhLily

The first two times i tried downloading the game, it said, "Failed- Network error." The third attempt downloaded the game or at least started to and then a screen popped up with a notification saying, "Error reading setup initialization file." I tried a few more times after that and got the same message.... I have an HP windows 10 PC, if that makes a difference. I really want to play so if anyone has any tips or solutions, LET ME KNOW! Thanks

For the blade and soul "error reading setup initialization file", it isn't being downloaded all the way from their website. I went on their twitter page and downloaded the direct link here: https://t.co/JQPtXwMEGI and it worked for me. Also, make sure there is no (1) after the BnS_Lite_Installer. 

Here's their Twitter page with the direct link for confirmation:

https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul

There must be an error when downloading from their website because it stops at a certain amount of megabytes and not the full 219mb. I can't guarantee this method will work for everyone, just saying that it did for me. Hope this helps.

If you can't access the website right now, you can directly download the client here:
download.bladeandsoul.com/BnS_Lite_Installer.exe 

• 1 month later...

I was able to get this to work by having a friend who was able to download the game send me the install .exe through skype, it did take longer than a download would, but it allowed me to get past the error, I hope this helps.

*cricket* got same problem here and i made problem for myself... i had game and was playing but today game started working too slow like you getting under 20 fps all time which i have 16gb ram i5 6600k r9 380 strix 4gb 256 bit gpu etc... than i tought lets change drivers and alll bla bla but it didnt come to how it was before today and i deleted the game for fresh install but it shows me same mistake i check event logs on windows but it didnt show anything either what to do whit this ... 

Archived