Sign in to follow this  
Oroku

Bid System is Bad

Oroku   

So this bid loot system is 100% bad, it fosters an expensive system. Right now its not to bad but what happens when someone who has tons of gold decides to go into a low level instance to just take from people. Ive already had to spend way to much money on a Dagger against a Destroyer simply cuz they threw in a high bid then canceled on me forcing me to ether pony up the cash or loose the dagger i needed to evolve my weapon. Its a bad system and it will not be healthy in the long run for PUG grouping.

Karnaij   

i know how you feel someone offered 10 gold for my weapon to upgrade and i only had 4 silver.... its stupid and honestly just sad

Mishi   

The bid system is good. 

Just let the rich bid high, and win, then you get to make gold. 

Later you can bid and have the gold to pay whatever you want for what you need. 

Use it to your advantage. 

If they are bidding to 10g, the 10g will get split to the party= fast money for the run, and you can always run dungeons more than once.

Edited by Mishi

Kiara   

It's the best system, lol... They pay huge amount of gold... You get a portion of that gold. (PLUS YOU GET THE RNG BOX YOU WANT AT THE END OF THE DUNGEON). It's just giving you 2 chances, o.O.

Brainy   

It's been discussed many times before. Search in the archives, it's explained even with maths why this system beats the classic dice roll system.

Assassin   

Said the new player with no info on how it actually works.

bid winner gets item

bid losers get gold from bid winner

yw.

go make free money off high bids

you're

welcome.

Bezerko   

At first, I wasn't too keen on the bid system.  But then I thought about it and realized that if I don't win the item, I get money.  A win for everyone.

Assassin   
19 minutes ago, Karnaij said:

i know how you feel someone offered 10 gold for my weapon to upgrade and i only had 4 silver.... its stupid and honestly just sad

you should be fcking happy that happens...

Karnaij   

ok ok thanks that actually explains alot more i was getting pissed that every single match i never get my weapon and i dont think i should be happy i dont care about gold i want to upgrade my weapon......

Rhazes   

My only complaint about the bid system is the time it adds to the dungeon and players that rush ahead and at boss waiting. Those that get sick of waiting will run less dungeons.

Edited by Rhazes

FryChikN   

i actually love the bid system, and its even hilarious at times. was playing with a friend earlier in a dungeon and it was just the funniest shit seeing people bid on stuff

Oroku   

Well I still hate it, because yes I make money but oh boy I loose my upgrade to a destroyer and then have to wait for rng to give me my upgrade. But to also say not a new player just not a fan of the loot system and I'm not active on the forums.

GnatB   

*sigh* This again.

The bid system is not *better* than standard systems.  On average, assuming informed bidders, it'll come out exactly the same.  The difference is it requires informed bidders, and takes a whole lot more time/effort because you actually need informed bidders.  The only advantage are: assuming you're informed, it's easier to take advantage of the uninformed, it's easier to advance faster if you pay a visit to your local gold seller, and the only advantage that's actually an advantage, there's less chance of outliers.  (i.e. people getting unlucky and never getting their drop.)