Bid System is Bad

Oroku

So this bid loot system is 100% bad, it fosters an expensive system. Right now its not to bad but what happens when someone who has tons of gold decides to go into a low level instance to just take from people. Ive already had to spend way to much money on a Dagger against a Destroyer simply cuz they threw in a high bid then canceled on me forcing me to ether pony up the cash or loose the dagger i needed to evolve my weapon. Its a bad system and it will not be healthy in the long run for PUG grouping.

The bid system is good. 

Just let the rich bid high, and win, then you get to make gold. 

Later you can bid and have the gold to pay whatever you want for what you need. 

Use it to your advantage. 

If they are bidding to 10g, the 10g will get split to the party= fast money for the run, and you can always run dungeons more than once.

Well I still hate it, because yes I make money but oh boy I loose my upgrade to a destroyer and then have to wait for rng to give me my upgrade. But to also say not a new player just not a fan of the loot system and I'm not active on the forums.

*sigh* This again.

The bid system is not *better* than standard systems.  On average, assuming informed bidders, it'll come out exactly the same.  The difference is it requires informed bidders, and takes a whole lot more time/effort because you actually need informed bidders.  The only advantage are: assuming you're informed, it's easier to take advantage of the uninformed, it's easier to advance faster if you pay a visit to your local gold seller, and the only advantage that's actually an advantage, there's less chance of outliers.  (i.e. people getting unlucky and never getting their drop.)

Archived