Locking servers is unacceptable. This is now a failure of a launch.

DisasterMaster

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, iKunoo said:

No one know when the servers are going to be re-opening? . . . 

Cant say i've 2 characters on Ebon Hall and one on wind rest...

These servers are totally over populated....You have no breathing room at the starting and initial areas..all channels are crowded as hell...we have to wait for mobs to respawn during questing and wait again if someone beats you to them..Why do you think they lock the servers.. Zzz..

Windrest was Over Populated even before the public launch with wait time of 2 hours during peek hours(For Premium Users)...and im not even going to mention Mushin server of NA where the wait time was near"u cant begin to imagine" segment, and this was all before the game went live for public..

the reason these things happen because everyone just joins one server...you cant blame the company.. blame the crowd.......The game has just recently launched.. Plus its Free to Play...so its natural things like these would happen......Moreover is a very popular Game...

21 minutes ago, Recette said:

ifnCant say i've 2 characters on Ebon Hall and one on wind rest...

These servers are totally over populated....You have no breathing room at the starting and initial areas..all channels are crowded as hell...we have to wait for mobs to respawn during questing and wait again if someone beats you to them..Why do you think they lock the servers.. Zzz..

Windrest was Over Populated even before the public launch with wait time of 2 hours during peek hours(For Premium Users)...and im not even going to mention Mushin server of NA where the wait time was near"u cant begin to imagine" segment, and this was all before the game went live for public..

the reason these things happen because everyone just joins one server...you cant blame the company.. blame the crowd.......The game has just recently launched.. Plus its Free to Play...so its natural things like these would happen......Moreover is a very popular Game...

if u join ebon hall, would you like to play with me? teach me? skype/ts with me? 
Sweden, male , 20

If you are so smart than answer me a question. I payed $150 for this game as many others, so why we shall sit in queue with huge pings on overloaded servers because off a bunch of players and chinese bots that want to play on high populated servers for free?

NCSoft should change the f2p system to p2p. Half of the servers minimum.

If you are so smart than answer me a question. I payed $150 for this game as many others, so why we shall sit in queue with huge pings on overloaded servers because off a bunch of players and chinese bots that want to play on high populated servers for free?

NCSoft should change the f2p system to p2p. Half of the servers minimum.

1. AFK timer does not exist in the client itself, you want NCKorea to develop something like that for all other regions and then send it over to us in matter of 2 days? Impossible.

2. Actual server transfers cannot be done in that time frame aswell. How do I know? Tell me one other publisher who managed to pull off server transfers in 2 days.

3. If there were no server locks you would just sit in queue till tomorrow morning anyway and you would still come here to cry about how you cant play... Tell your friends to do a 5 minutes research and read all the warnings before picking a server next time cause server locks/queue=your fault.

The only thing NCsoft nyerked up is the naming of the servers, when you keep the beta server - Mushin, and on EU you have Windrest clearly everyone will join those. Even naming them water, fire, wind, earth and ice would do a better job of spreading the population. Overall pretty stable launch compared to other companies in the past few years. You people complain NCsoft is unprofessional? You have no clue what unprofessional publisher means... go play with Gameforge or Trion or Nexon or Innova, you'll see what unprofessional is.

PS: Some people waited for years for this game, you should be able to wait 2 days for things to cool off.

There is always some tool who gets offended at something the publisher does, and or cant get his way because of it, that declares that the game has failed to launch, game is dead, blah blah blah. The schedule that they put up was a courtesy not a requirement. Does it say anywhere on the the page that it is not subject to change? Has any game ever from any publisher said that they are not allowed to change their mind and do things a different way at the drop of a hat? Please. Get over it, make a toon on another server and wait for the one you want to open up. Or if you absolutely positively must play with your friends right now, have them come join you on one of the servers that is currently open for character creation. And if all this is too much for you.... if adherence to a published schedule is that important and now that they have broken the schedule you are compelled to rant endlessly about your outrage and butthurtedness, please feel free to do so. Just dont expect anyone to take you seriously.

17 minutes ago, Reflexes said:

And thats why you should NEVER make plans on which server to start with your friends BEFORE everyone is ready to even start.If this isnt your first MMORPG guys you should have already guessed something like this would happen.

Oh, then light us with you inteligence...

I'm a founder with a Master pack who wants to play with 2 friends with no pack. So i should wait and lose my headstart to play with my friends? Or maybe i shouldnt buy any pack isnt it? you think they will refund me right now? To be honest, if i must play alone, i prefer to not give any fking euro to NCsoft.

NCSoft should made plans if something like that happens, that tells you a lot about his servers, and his response time.

Ah and im not "new" in MMORPG launches. I expected a queue, a big one, but not a server lock. No solution for NCsoft part, no server transfer (yes i will pay to move my ass out of Windrest and play with my friends), they are not following his schedule neither...

We will see what happens at 8.00 UTC...

16 minutes ago, Nemesia said:

Oh, then light us with you inteligence...

I'm a founder with a Master pack who wants to play with 2 friends with no pack. So i should wait and lose my headstart to play with my friends? Or maybe i shouldnt buy any pack isnt it? you think they will refund me right now? To be honest, if i must play alone, i prefer to not give any fking euro to NCsoft.

NCSoft should made plans if something like that happens, that tells you a lot about his servers, and his response time.

Ah and im not "new" in MMORPG launches. I expected a queue, a big one, but not a server lock. No solution for NCsoft part, no server transfer (yes i will pay to move my ass out of Windrest and play with my friends), they are not following his schedule neither...

We will see what happens at 8.00 UTC...

Hey dont get butthurt.It was just well played for ME and MY friends to wait a bit until this mess resolves.I hope it goes smoother for you and your friends.Cheers :)

So here is the problem. 

NCSoft should know better when it comes to game launches. They totally screwed up the Wildstar launch due to inadequate server population availability.

They are also known for being horrible for communication for game launches as well.

Wildstar had a huge amount of people at launch, and servers were just not large enough to handle them. They went and added a bunch more servers, however, they took too long to do it. 

They did attempt to try and fix it, but by the time they had a solution, they ended up losing over 80% of the player base. They just couldn't keep the community informed as they were working things out. If they can't take the time to keep us informed, then it shows us that they aren't very trustworthy as a company. 

And as such, will have much more difficulty with encouraging people to invest in their product.

As much as I like Blood and Soul, I just am not sure if it will be worth the waiting times, or lack of updated information, to keep me interested in this title.

Worst part about it, is after watching their videos on YouTube, they were saying everything was great, and that they had no worries about the servers handling the expected populations for the servers that they had. 

I know some of you are saying that this is not a failed launch, however, it really is not a successful launch in any way.

With the technology that is available, there shouldn't be any reason for this game to be stuck with rotating server locks. No reason at all.

The Asian servers hold tuns more population than these, and are still running, so again, why is there a problem with these ones?

Just don't agree with how NCSoft handles launches. Make sure the game is ready before you launch.

Ensure you have enough stable servers, as well as ensuring that they are able to handle the large amount of people who want to play.

i'am sorry but the queue B.S is NOT acceptable.

This game is out since like 4-5years and what ? they are too lazy to build proposer server to not make ppl wait ?

Well OFC ! its a paywall ! like that you are ""forced"" to pay every month to not wait when you want to connect.

This game is really cool, but they are going to successfuly ruin it with all their paywall and abusive cash shop price.

Cant wait Black Desert Online to kick out that game from my computer ( too bad i was really waiting for BnS since 2008.. )

i'am sorry but the queue B.S is NOT acceptable.

This game is out since like 4-5years and what ? they are too lazy to build proposer server to not make ppl wait ?

Well OFC ! its a paywall ! like that you are ""forced"" to pay every month to not wait when you want to connect.

This game is really cool, but they are going to successfuly ruin it with all their paywall and abusive cash shop price.

Cant wait Black Desert Online to kick out that game from my computer ( too bad i was really waiting for BnS since 2008.. )

THIS WAS a fail launch. How else would you call it when on the 1st day of head start you have to wait 90 mins on queue?
I sent a ticket to the support and i had to wait 24 hours for each reply. First some gm said they were NOT transfering anything and then ignored me. The next day i saw a post about transfering stuff and submited a new ticket, now im still waiting for someone to solve my issue. So i lost my 3 days headstart and this looks like a 3 days penalty for me.

13 hours ago, DisasterMaster said:

Having a rotating lock schedule is understandable. Having a queue time, even a long one, is understandable. This is launch. Many people will be playing.

Having a lock schedule, and they going off schedule and locking other servers with no eta on when they will be unlocked, is not acceptable by any means. Period.

You have now turned this into a failure of a launch in the eyes of many, including me. I chose Jiwan during early access because the schedule said it would be available at launch. I have friends, and guild members from another game that are now waiting to join this server even though they should have been able to in the first place. You have essentially lied to your playerbase by going off this schedule. We don't mind queue times, we mind servers being locked when they are supposed to be open.

This is complete and utter BS.

Rant over.

I guess your friends aren't worth much to you then. After all, you seem to be unwilling to reroll on a different server to play with them. Nor do you seem to be very valuable to them, as they couldn't pay $25 to play with you.

I don't have pity for those who can't play on the server they want for launch. They were unwilling to contribute to the game, so they deserve nothing.

Totally agree with you, started at windrest and now its whole day after start and my friends cant join me because they locked server and the schedule what they made totally dont work how it should, dissapointing :/

Archived