Forums

Locking servers is unacceptable. This is now a failure of a launch.

DisasterMaster

I dont know if server locks are good or bad, just dont change the times on it right on launch day :( when i go on char creation screen it even say i should join X server that are now locked.

Only good thing i can see about lock is it stops the flood of bots being made all the time.

As all other online games there will be high and low pop servers until they finally find out 1 server with channels is the best you can do in the start, and as time goes there will be less need for many channels to be open in the later areas.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with the opening comment for this thread is that it doesn't even consider why the servers themselves were set to lock. The longevity of the other servers, crashing servers, and unbearable queue times, are among some of the things you'd probably encounter if they hadn't locked the server. Heck, maybe none of these things would have happened. Your friends had a choice to claim their servers through the founders packs, but they didn't. Now they have to either bear with the current situation or cry a river of nothing because I don't see why a high risk situation shouldn't avoided over peoples' selfishness.  

Before you even attempt to reply to this comment without a planck thought, answer this question:

• Would you rather have your friends have to wait for the server populations to even out, so that you all might be able to play whenever? 
  • Or would you rather two servers carrying the overflow of thousands of new players trying to sign into the server - only to have you and your friends experience queue times of 10 hours+?

I'm sure there will be people of both minds about character creation restriction and whether it is preferable to queues. Keep in mind however, that there was a very clear schedule for what realms were going to be restricted upon release and by ignoring that and restricting whatever servers they deem appropriate they are causing an issue that a lot of people, including myself deem far more egregious than some silly queues on the launch of a semi-anticipated MMO.

I have a group of friends who I planned on playing this game with and primarily the main reason I was going to play this game was so we had a co-op experience we could enjoy together. I am the person who clued all these friends into this game, none of them would've known about or played this game had I not told them about it. With that in mind, one of my friends whom I suggested this game to bought into the early start premium system and chose the, "Poharan" server, "knowing" that it would be available for character creation upon release. Now, not only are you punishing me and my other friends who I had clued into this game because we are struggling with whether we should play now or wait, but you are punishing the player whom I told about the game and decided to support it early.

This isn't acceptable. "Poharan" has been locked since the 9PM PST release date for the game and is scheduled to be that way until 6 AM PST the next day, that is bad enough but there isn't any guarantee that it will open up after 6 AM. Two of my friends are probably not going to bother with the game anymore (Before you dismiss these people as people who would just leech off the game anyway, one of these people has bought 95% of the skins in League of Legends and owns all the characters... do the math, not bragging for my friend either btw, just making a point), my friend who bought in early is pissed and I'm sitting here wondering if I should stick around for 5 hours for a *chance* to make a character on the correct server while dealing with the fact that some of my friends are a little angry at me because you guys can't figure out how to make a reasonable system for distributing server populations nor do you want to pay the piper to upgrade your server infrastructure..

3 hours ago, Capernaum said:

I'm sure there will be people of both minds about character creation restriction and whether it is preferable to queues. Keep in mind however, that there was a very clear schedule for what realms were going to be restricted upon release and by ignoring that and restricting whatever servers they deem appropriate they are causing an issue that a lot of people, including myself deem far more egregious than some silly queues on the launch of a semi-anticipated MMO.

I have a group of friends who I planned on playing this game with and primarily the main reason I was going to play this game was so we had a co-op experience we could enjoy together. I am the person who clued all these friends into this game, none of them would've known about or played this game had I not told them about it. With that in mind, one of my friends whom I suggested this game to bought into the early start premium system and chose the, "Poharan" server, "knowing" that it would be available for character creation upon release. Now, not only are you punishing me and my other friends who I had clued into this game because we are struggling with whether we should play now or wait, but you are punishing the player whom I told about the game and decided to support it early.

This isn't acceptable. "Poharan" has been locked since the 9PM PST release date for the game and is scheduled to be that way until 6 AM PST the next day, that is bad enough but there isn't any guarantee that it will open up after 6 AM. Two of my friends are probably not going to bother with the game anymore (Before you dismiss these people as people who would just leech off the game anyway, one of these people has bought 95% of the skins in League of Legends and owns all the characters... do the math, not bragging for my friend either btw, just making a point), my friend who bought in early is pissed and I'm sitting here wondering if I should stick around for 5 hours for a *chance* to make a character on the correct server while dealing with the fact that some of my friends are a little angry at me because you guys can't figure out how to make a reasonable system for distributing server populations nor do you want to pay the piper to upgrade your server infrastructure..

It seems to me that the simple solution is to offer free character transfers to low-population servers. Then you and all of your friends can go and be in the same place, without any additional strain to overpopulated servers.

U got a point there mate, all servers provide the same gaming experience so we should have a character transfer thing so that people can play in the same server . People have been waiting for like 3-4 years for this launch and for the co op play this game provides pls NCSoft i request u dont screw our fun just because of some over populated servers .   Allow people to get there chars transferred to another low populated server. That way u guys are happy and we too will be happy to play with our friends.

I didn't see this topic originally so I created another 

I totally agree with you. 

OK... This is kind of out of control...

First you put down that there is a Server Restriction Schedule for Servers to be unlocked or locked in. This is a GREAT IDEA btw as this helps direct non friend/guild flow creations to other new servers yet at the same time allows those willing to wait those X amount of hours to make a character with their friends.

Then you implement Character Creation Blocks where you say "Even though your server may be open per the Server Restriction Schedule, it may be blocked, and vise versa, if it is set to blocked it may be open.

Get your stuff together!!! Make it one or the other!!! This is getting ridiculous because folks want to play with friends, adjusted sleep/work schedules to try and accommodate your Server Restriction Schedule and now they can't and they also have no idea when it will be altered/fixed... Not a good start :( 

Double_facepalm.jpg

U got a point there mate, all servers provide the same gaming experience so we should have a character transfer thing so that people can play in the same server . People have been waiting for like 3-4 years for this launch and for the co op play this game provides pls NCSoft i request u dont screw our fun just because of some over populated servers .   Allow people to get there chars transferred to another low populated server. That way u guys are happy and we too will be happy to play with our friends.

I was excited to go home to try Blade and Soul after work and my friends and brother are playing on Mushin Server but when I got home I saw the server was character creation blocked so I checked the forums and found out the schedule and the server is not on the said time frame on which it will be locked however, I decided to wait for 3 hours (doing other things of course) to check if it will reopen again but sadly it is still not open. It seems that I need to wait for another day due to I have work to go which I only have limited play time. It is sad but there's nothing I could do about it.

I'm lost here.

Isn't there suppose to be 3 servers locked at a given time?

In NA, there are 5 that are locked right now....Pohran is up right now

but I feel like they are randomly locking servers that don't even need a lock...

Archived