Locking servers is unacceptable. This is now a failure of a launch.

DisasterMaster

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PharadoX said:

I don't think you realise, but the moment they open Windrest, it'll get flooded so hard they'll lock it for another week. So all suggestions to just chill and check tomorrow are worthless. NA scrubs should contain themselves and their gay comments.

Don't like it? Go to church!!

1 minute ago, Rennah said:

Some of us we just want to know when the server is gonna go on, and i prefer 2 hours Q than a locked server.

Given the fact that the queues are definitely NOT going to be 2 hours, you should probably go find another server.

1 hour ago, Wumperous said:

Every MMO I've ever played locks overpopulated servers. But please, do boycott or wait to join an overpopulated server.

I am very glad not to have to play with you people. :)

People aren't upset over server locks, they are upset about getting no forewarning. As noted in this very thread - assuming you bothered to read before attempting a slam - people had planned out where to go based on NCSoft's public schedule so they could Roleplay/meet up with friends/join a pre-planned guild only to find out they're now stuck waiting an undetermined amount of time because NCSoft is trying to force people to populate other servers. They have a right to be a little irked.

3 minutes ago, Vendetto said:

I am very dissapointed! This is a launch and having a queue is expected, what are they thinking locking some servers and not following their character server restriction shedule?

Im out...

They are combating server congestion in real time based on actual population stats so that servers don't *cricket*ing crash.
So your whining and leaving will actually help, so thanks. 

13 minutes ago, PharadoX said:

I don't think you realise, but the moment they open Windrest, it'll get flooded so hard they'll lock it for another week. So all suggestions to just chill and check tomorrow are worthless. NA scrubs should contain themselves and their gay comments.

If you had half a brain, you'd figure out that this was going to happen just by what happened in the freaking headstart.

It's common sense, me and my entire clan moved from Mushin to Poharan so we wouldn't have to deal with queue times, and lo and behold it's already chaos on launch day.

I'm happy for all of you Windrest and Mushin folk, but my guild is on Poharan. I started the game up right at release and it was locked. Now it's 4 hours later, Mushin is open but it's the time that Poharan was SUPPOSED to be locked, so it continues to be locked. What the hell NCSoft? Please open Poharan it's been locked for hours!

Yeah Poharan still locked and based on their rotating schedule it should be open by now.

EDIT: I was wrong its on schedule but GOD with all the time wasted locking the server, now Poharan and three other server is on schedule for a 5 hour marathon character creation schedule. Dissapointed.

2 hours ago, DisasterMaster said:

Having a rotating lock schedule is understandable. Having a queue time, even a long one, is understandable. This is launch. Many people will be playing.

Having a lock schedule, and they going off schedule and locking other servers with no eta on when they will be unlocked, is not acceptable by any means. Period.

You have now turned this into a failure of a launch in the eyes of many, including me. I chose Jiwan during early access because the schedule said it would be available at launch. I have friends, and guild members from another game that are now waiting to join this server even though they should have been able to in the first place. You have essentially lied to your playerbase by going off this schedule. We don't mind queue times, we mind servers being locked when they are supposed to be open.

This is complete and utter BS.

Rant over.

f2pers should be put on seperate servers.

If you dont want a queue.

Then stop trying to join the full ones.

that simple.

They are trying to balance the population with locking the servers , what do u want ? 2 servers to be populted like China and the others to be populated like some mega small country ? Be more carefull with what server you choose , me and my guild chose less populated server , no problems now I'm having fun . Almost everything is cross-server but no u guys must to the most populated server , well that is what you are getting for going there , you went there , none forced you , now enjoy .

Archived