Forums

Assassins need all the buffages

TxSilverxT

It's too much *cricket* work to get some damage on the opponent. You miss one thing and it's hell upon your soul. I just had a match where i spent cc-ing a Blade Dancer bursting him and only did what.....20%? Then I get darth vader force choked and lost 65% of my health pool. That's some serious business right there. Of all the classes I've fought only the Blade Dancer and KFM can really just go ham as nuts in one cc. 

I guess it is my fault that I'm only lvl 29....BUT STILL that's some serious damage to the face. While I furiously slap them with my mighty noodle dagger.

Yea, don't pvp until like lvl 32-36.  You get most of your skills then, although I dont play assassin.  

I believe the playstyle of asssassin is supposed to be punishing if you mess up.  You get to cloak and counter more than any other class, so if you mess up, that is on you.  

1 minute ago, SuccubusReimu said:

Yea, don't pvp until like lvl 32-36.  You get most of your skills then, although I dont play assassin.  

I believe the playstyle of asssassin is supposed to be punishing if you mess up.  You get to cloak and counter more than any other class, so if you mess up, that is on you.  

burn.sizzle . snap

6 hours ago, TxSilverxT said:

It's too much *cricket* work to get some damage on the opponent. You miss one thing and it's hell upon your soul. I just had a match where i spent cc-ing a Blade Dancer bursting him and only did what.....20%? Then I get darth vader force choked and lost 65% of my health pool. That's some serious business right there. Of all the classes I've fought only the Blade Dancer and KFM can really just go ham as nuts in one cc. 

I guess it is my fault that I'm only lvl 29....BUT STILL that's some serious damage to the face. While I furiously slap them with my mighty noodle dagger.

This is my first post but I laughed my ass off at, "that's some serious business right there".

I haven't even rolled a class yet but I was considering either Assassin, Blade Dancer, Destroyer and possibly Force Master.  OP, after your experience in the game would you recommend going Blade Dancer over any of the others?

Sorry for the semi hijack

I am Level 36 Assassin, and in PvE stuff dies very quickly. I mean max 4-5 secs quickly. Often times quicker than that.

In PvP, I notice we are doing a good amount of damage. You just need to plan carefully and react to what the other player is doing. Think of it as a fighting game.

4 minutes ago, KouGrizzle said:

This is my first post but I laughed my ass off at, "that's some serious business right there".

I haven't even rolled a class yet but I was considering either Assassin, Blade Dancer, Destroyer and possibly Force Master.  OP, after your experience in the game would you recommend going Blade Dancer over any of the others?

Sorry for the semi hijack

Definetly go Force Master. They can be one of the best classes around for pvp and many kr pro players play it too.

On topic to the assassins: I play around 1700-1800 rating right now with my destroyer and met Good and Bad assassins. The Good ones are almost unwinable for me. They punish you so hard an keep you in CC with their spiderweb/blind Combo. And it was the first and only class that managed to deal 70% DMG to me in one combo. You just need to practice some more m8 and you'll learn

6 hours ago, TxSilverxT said:

Counter his soul stab next time.

Oh I know it's on me. The majority of my matches are lvl 40's but I still win some of them, which shocks the hell out me. I like the pvp too much and get distracted to lvl :( I know how to counter and all that jazz I just don't have the points to be effective yet. I'm just complaining to complain lol but I'm sticking with assassin, it's hard as hell compared to other the classes I've played but I love it. Very rewarding when your able to pull off a sick combo and win in style. Just a few more levels to go...I just hope I don't get too distracted x.x

12 minutes ago, Wolfess said:

I find it humorous how the game advertises normalizing stats for pvp but someone higher lvl will still dump on you with their higher-lvl unlocked skills.

Well it's pretty close to being normalized stats. But it is what it is. I have to fight a lot harder because of the skill-point gap but I learn a lot more and how to fight them without the needed skill points. id rather take beatings like these than in a game that takes gear into consideration, getting "one shotted" and all is pretty annoying.

The learning curve for PVP in this game is much more than most of us are accustomed to from other games. In most MMOs, class, gear and spec play as big of a role as skill (or bigger) and you can usually get to a competent level in a hard week of play. Blade & Soul really is more like a fighting game in that respect, you need a lot of time investment. Please expect to lose more than you win (by a large margin) until you start getting the muscle memory down and learn the abilities, animations, and cooldowns of other classes. If you let each loss be a learning experience instead of a negative one, things will progress more quickly. 

The difference between an experienced assassin and one at my (low) skill level is amazing. The good ones punish every roll, starve me for focus because they never attack into my block, and chain huge CC combos if I waste my tab. My fellow newbies melt to parry stuns and give me lots of focus to play with. Assassin appears to be a very technical class from my experience fighting so many of them in arena. 

i actually believe assassins are really good in pvp currently, a bit too good. But again it also depends on the player...i can rarely beat my brother whos an assassin but i can beat some assassins who are the same level as he is. All depends on the build and how good you are at playing the class

Archived