BnS crashs after I click play now.

Toxicwaste23

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Sakurawings said:

there isnt a client exe though

E7PS7eE.jpg

it is their it the file called client  that is the file your looking for  .....the reason your not seeing the .exe is due to your folder settings on you pc as its set to hide "known file extensions" ,  windows by default hides them to stop people playing about with stuff they don't know about

That my kind sir didnt work at all. 

Ive had this game-errors for 3 days in a row now. The first 2 days we managed to solve them. Yesterday I did this. 

" For Windows 10, this is now a two step process.

First, open the Windows 10 menu and type in ""MSCONFIG."" This will start a search for any ""Apps"" called ""MSCONFIG.""

The first and only result should be ""System Configuration."" Left click on this.

A new window will appear called ""System Configuration.""

Click the ""Services"" tab.

Click ""Hide all Microsoft Services"" at the bottom and once done, click ""Disable All.""

Click the ""Startup"" tab.

Click ""Open Task Manager.""

A list will be generated of all the applications you have set to start when Windows first boots up. Right-click on these applications one by one and select ""Disable."" Once completed, click ""Ok"" to save your changes. You will then be prompted to reboot your PC. Once you return to Windows, try connecting again.

To reverse these settings, simply run MSCONFIG again and click Normal Startup on the first window labeled General.

Please try these settings and let me know if they have any effect on your issue. "

Today that is not working at all.. Im awaiting a response from support atm.. Though I wrote to them at 20.35.. 

Edit: After the maintenance today its not working again. Same as the other maintenance this week, I started to get the game-errors. I think it might be a connection there.. 

Just now, Pizz001 said:

Smuwlan

which fix were you trying to do via the msconfig , was it to turn off the razor stuff ?

No thats what Im trying to say, Ive had Razer disabled since day 1 I started to play caus I knew about that issue through forums. So I wrote a ticket to support and explained that it wasnt the razer-programs fault! 

Then they told me to write all that in MSCONFIG to see if it was a 3rd party who made the problems. It worked fine yesterday disable everything except the microsoft-stuff. I got in the game directly afterwards. But today its not working.. 

1 minute ago, Pizz001 said:

i was going to say the best way to deal with the razor problem is to just uninstall all of it and just leave the basic drivers only , as then you don't need to play about with servers and trying to disable them etc

But my game has been working fine just disable the Razer services.. Its obviously not the problem

31 minutes ago, shankyshanks said:

dude i just got in the game... what i did is i went to the BnS bin i deleted all file below client  and the 3 files in between BnSCrashReport..exe and the client.exe...... then i started the game without clicking in the repair i think it auto auto repaired itself when i click on play because it say so while loading.. im in game right now ill post back if anything happens in an hour

this what i tried delete stuff that i can delete skip others... i open the launcher on the desktop and i run the game without manually repairing it when i click play it auto repair itself then i got in... i think extension files are the problem for myself

the msconfig stuff support is talking about is rubbish, i only say that as i run a pc shop and have been building gaming rigs  etc since SWG come out about 18 years ago lol this is a problem with NCSOFT's game luncher screwing up i say this as when i try and run the game on this my main pc , i can't even make a config file in the my doc's folder, and a crappy amd back up gaming rig i have that i use at home for testing stuff like is playing the game without a problem 

27 minutes ago, Smuwlan said:

That my kind sir didnt work at all. 

Ive had this game-errors for 3 days in a row now. The first 2 days we managed to solve them. Yesterday I did this. 

" For Windows 10, this is now a two step process.

First, open the Windows 10 menu and type in ""MSCONFIG."" This will start a search for any ""Apps"" called ""MSCONFIG.""

The first and only result should be ""System Configuration."" Left click on this.

A new window will appear called ""System Configuration.""

Click the ""Services"" tab.

Click ""Hide all Microsoft Services"" at the bottom and once done, click ""Disable All.""

Click the ""Startup"" tab.

Click ""Open Task Manager.""

A list will be generated of all the applications you have set to start when Windows first boots up. Right-click on these applications one by one and select ""Disable."" Once completed, click ""Ok"" to save your changes. You will then be prompted to reboot your PC. Once you return to Windows, try connecting again.

To reverse these settings, simply run MSCONFIG again and click Normal Startup on the first window labeled General.

Please try these settings and let me know if they have any effect on your issue. "

Today that is not working at all.. Im awaiting a response from support atm.. Though I wrote to them at 20.35.. 

Edit: After the maintenance today its not working again. Same as the other maintenance this week, I started to get the game-errors. I think it might be a connection there.. 

I got this same response from the BnS team too, did not work for me. However if you start one service "Razer Chroma SDK Service" the game will work. However I can only play for about 10 to 20 minutes at a time before the game crashes...better than nothing i guess...

Archived