BnS crashs after I click play now.

Toxicwaste23

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been having this same problem. Did several things now and seems to be working.

Step1: Bring up task manager and make sure BnS is not running, end task if it is.

Step2: Check to see if the razer processes that cause game guard to freak out are running. Guide here: 

i also uninstalled Razer SDK service from the control panel for the meantime too.

Step 3: Ran Cc cleaner's registry fixer and it seemed to be the actual thing that cleared up the actual dll error. download free here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner

Step 4: Deleted the game guard folder so it would re download in Blade & Soul/BnS/bin

Now i'm no expert but this process seems to have temporarily fixed it for me at least.

Hope it works for u guys too!

4 minutes ago, Dalemane said:

Just been having this same problem. Did several things now and seems to be working.

Step1: Bring up task manager and make sure BnS is not running, end task if it is.

Step2: Check to see if the razer processes that cause game guard to freak out are running. Guide here: 

i also uninstalled Razer SDK service from the control panel for the meantime too.

Step 3: Ran Cc cleaner's registry fixer and it seemed to be the actual thing that cleared up the actual dll error. download free here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner

Step 4: Deleted the game guard folder so it would re download in Blade & Soul/BnS/bin

Now i'm no expert but this process seems to have temporarily fixed it for me at least.

Hope it works for u guys too!

didnt work for me

I am having the same issue, my game crashes at the NCSOFT logo, I tried uninstalling it, repair function, restarting and other suggestions that people posted to no avail. I just tried Dalmane's method and using CCleaner to clear up registry for the game DLL files now I'm getting...

"Update error. Cannot use file. Please check whether file is in use by another program or anti-virus is denying access, then restart launcher. If this problem persist please contact costumer support."

E02017 

DP_PEFP_CF_O5_13_14

bin\client

I checked and my anit virus isn't blocking it. I'm not sure what happened. U'm using windows 8.1 right now. Anyone know how to fix this? Can't even update because of this. Thanks all for the hard work everyone. I've sent a trouble ticket, hopefully NCSOFT will fix this.

I am having this same exact issue, I have been playing, Albeit with a crash every now and then. Perfectly fine since launch. Today after maintenance i am simply unable to launch the game no matter what i do i get this error. Just a simple crash with no number or reason given.

I opened ticket, still no answer. After previous patch this morning enabling razor applications allowed me to play with no problems, but update 14 completely screwed up game.  If I leave Razer stuff running I can play for 20-30 min before game crashes (which was resolved in past by disable Razer stuff).  If I turn of Razer game will crash as soon as it tries to switch to full screen before I can get to even character support.

So as premium  customer I do not get to play at all today...  Wonder if I can get official response through my ticket or her eon forums.

Seems like I'm also now experiencing this error. My client used to crash when I was using my Razer products, however since Head Start I have deliberately uninstalled those programs and have stopped using any Razer products. Now with this recent update, it appears my client is no longer functioning.... Slightly ridiculous actually.

I've tried File Repair, no luck.. Not sure what has changed with this new update but clearly something is wrong. NCSoft, please rectify the issue.

2 hours ago, Skyelatte said:

when i tried this i right clicked edit on clientconfiguration i get this msg "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action, please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs control panel" also ive stopped all the razer synaps, etc and i still cant run the game

Archived