Crashes Caused by Razer and ASUS Services

Liinxy

I did everything with the chroma settings and yadda yadda yadda. Yet my game crashes every 15-20 mins. max. I have 2 roommates that play the game, 1 of them has a razor keyboard as well but never had to do anything. The game work just fine on both of theirs tho. They need to fix something. It's getting irritating because I paid for a 30 day membership, so if i can't even play the game. I want my money back.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do not follow the instructions in this post. All it did for me was make the game crash on startup every single time. The game wont run with chroma sdk disabled and it crashes every 15 minutes when it is enabled. Nice game.

Hello guys, i join the crew who hate the developers

This is my gear : "compute" -ASUS N750JK (GTA V 55fps, SW:Battlefront 55fps) I have ssd only 

I have 2014 naga and kranken chroma 7.1(BEST COMBO EVER in this game)

When i start i was play with 5-10fps, later i read fullfullscrean, off razer programs and i get 22-30fps in fight and when chill(afking)i have 60fps

So when i got 44lvl and 90%exp i gone doungeon finder to skittering blabla.. and the finally boss BnS is disconnected and when want try launch the game is not working, i got ddl error always. (when i got ddl error me close all razer things and bns ncsoft gameguard)

So i reinstalled the game 3times and dll error after play button 

HELP, I WANT FARM AND AH

Guys, Guys, Guys!  and Girls too ( there are girl gamers you know, we do exist)! There is no rhyme or reason to the crashes, well none that can be pinpointed to solve everyone's issues.  Razer, no Razer, Asus, no Asus, Longitech, Chroma SDK, Nvidia, Raedon and on and on and on.  I am getting a PhD in computer gadgets just by reading these forums.  Somehow, the game is defective.  This is not normal.  This should not happen.  Most of us afflicted with the BASCV (Blade and Soul Crash Virus) have tried every single fix that has been posted in these forums.  LOL instead of playing (because the game Crashes) I read the forums, the new posts, the fixes, try the new ones out again but, alas, to no avail.  And a big THANK YOU to those of you who, without having to, are trying to help us miserable folks than cannot play. I too am out a Premier pack and some NC coin.  All I can say is "HANG IN THERE" or go play something else.  Which is what I am about to do... perhaps Black Desert Ops.... Till the next post.  <3

I use a Blackwidow Chroma, Orbweaver and Naga Epic Chroma...

This is my system:  http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/10439570?

With this recent patch, this is the ONLY way that I have found to let the game work (and keep working).

1.  With "Razer Chroma SDK Service" and "Razer Game Scanner Service" running....start the game.

2.  Log in until you get to the game screen.

3.  Open "Task Manager" and click the "services" tab

4.  Disable both services mentioned above.

5.  Enjoy the game.

6.  Enable both services before you log.

7.  Quit the game.

8.  Rinse/repeat

This works 100% for me (not including random loading/disconnect issues)

I hope this will work for some of you!

Hi guys, I posted a thread over on the b&s subreddit about a basic program that let's you quickly do the things above without getting too technical. :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/43rz3q/i_made_a_super_basic_workaround_for_razer_crashes/

edit: Just updated it to include gamescanner, I forgot completely about it. If you got a broken link, try to refresh the reddit post. :)

I've closed the program before I start the game and it crashes so instead I left it opened until I load the game then disable all the Razer Services but I still crash ingame.

So what can I do? I now have uninstalled all the Razer hardwares the game doesn't even run for me.

9 hours ago, Sonatina said:

With this recent patch, this is the ONLY way that I have found to let the game work (and keep working).

1.  With "Razer Chroma SDK Service" and "Razer Game Scanner Service" running....start the game.

5.  Enjoy the game.

7.  Quit the game.

8.  Rinse/repeat

Yep, thats the way I do it atm too. Very annoying - but works >.<

On 1/18/2016 at 4:35 PM, Rukkirii said:

We are currently investigating an issue where certain services are causing issues with the Blade & Soul Client.  We are working hard on a fix to address these issues, in the meantime we recommend disabling these services via the below steps:

If you are having issues with the Blade & Soul client crashing to desktop, try disabling the Razer Chroma SDK Service and Razer Game Scanner Service.

Steps to turn off Razer Chroma SDK Service and Razer Game Scanner Service:

1. Press CTRL, ALT, DEL and open the Task Manager

2. Select "Services"

3. Locate "Razer Chroma SDK Service" and select it

4. Select the "Services" button on lower right

5. Locate "Razer Chroma SDK Service" again, select "Actions" then "Stop"

6. Select "Actions" again and choose "Properties"

7. Open the "Startup type" drop box, and select "Disabled", then “Apply” and “OK”

If you are experiencing issues with skill delay, turn off ASUSGameFirstService:

1. Hit the START button, and in the search box type: services.msc

2. Locate "ASUSGameFirstService"

3. Right-click "ASUSGameFirstService" and got to "Properties"

4. Change the "Startup type:" option to "Disabled"

5. Press "Apply", then "Okay"

This service may also be displayed as "cFosSpeed" "XFast LAN" or "Gigabyte Speed"

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/149246-the-game-randomly-crashes-my-pc/#comment-1491673

a link to others have the same problem.

Every time I start up the game I get to play for about 45 seconds to a minute. It has been happening for weeks now and sometimes doesn't happen for hours I got all the way to level 43 with it doing this. The video I linked shows what happens and it's not only a purple screen, I've gotten red, blue, green, purple, grey, you name the color I got it. I tried repairing files, redownloading/installing, I've noticed a lot of other players also have the same model pc as me(specs below) or something similar. I also tried putting the resolution and graphics all the way down which didn't help. I can run other games with way better graphics on ultra high settings no problem. I'm pretty sure the gpu is crashing but I don't understand why. I also submitted a ticket but all they said was to repair the files and take screenshots if it doesn't it again but I obviously can't do that because MY WHOLE COMPUTER IS CRASHING. I have lost faith in support. I submitted it Jan 16th and still no solution. Someone please help

Here are my specs: OS: Windows 10 Home Model: ASUS ROG G20AJ Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20 GHZ Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable) System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor video card is a NVIDIA GTX 750

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gXa95XQNgTE

Just a heads up to those who have been having issues with Razer issues. They are trying to implement a fix to stop the crashing but they are still working with Razer to work on a fix to use Razer peripherals. Below is a link to the announcement and the statement. Click the statement to go to the Announcement.
Implemented a preventive fix for the Razer Chroma crash issue which should help prevent crashes and disconnections when using a Razer deviceWe are still working directly with Razer to find a definitive fix for this issue.

9 hours ago, TwOFacE said:

If you are experiencing issues with skill delay, turn off ASUSGameFirstService:

1. Hit the START button, and in the search box type: services.msc

2. Locate "ASUSGameFirstService"

3. Right-click "ASUSGameFirstService" and got to "Properties"

4. Change the "Startup type:" option to "Disabled"

5. Press "Apply", then "Okay"

This service may also be displayed as "cFosSpeed" "XFast LAN" or "Gigabyte Speed"

I actually find this to be a bit hilarious because of the fact that if I don't run Asus Game First III, I cannot play the game at all as the skill delay is so bad that I ping pong all over the place. 

This has been an issue for me with all NCSoft games, regardless of the computer I have been playing on.  I have played Aion for a long long time and have the same 'Ping-Pong Lag /Skill Delay' issue.  

This is solely because of the fact of how the program is setup in terms of priority of bandwidth distribution and is set to low by default.  

To anyone that is experiencing issues similar and has a program like this (AsusGameFirst),  and are having the 'Ping-Pong Lag/Skill delay' issue try and start up your Game First service while in the Lobby/Character creation screen and set the game to 'Highest Priority'.

I personally can vouch for the turning off of Razer Chroma SDK Service after in-game (to prevent your crashes).  This can be done at the same time in the Lobby/Character Creation screen.

I do however have to say that I am severely disappointed that after waiting for this game's NA release (FOR FOUR YEARS), and spending a couple of hundred dollars that there are so many issues still plaguing it.

Please fix before a large chunk of your player base dies off and returns to other games.

Releasing a game to the public that has as many issues as this one does...That's what Beta's are for, to figure out the issues and iron out the kinks.  

It's like showing up to a restaurant and being expected to bring the ingredients, prep them and fix your own dinner, may as well have stayed home and ordered take out  >.>

Also please put in a latency meter, you've already got an fps meter how much more is that to ask...

Good Luck, to all of you, hope this helps some. :)

I have a similar Asus PC problem where my screen turns into either black, blue, green, purple, etc. after I am inside the game. I can barely even spin the wheel because of this, and I am usually forced to restart the PC or it resets itself.

On 1/29/2016 at 10:02 PM, Lauryn said:

So for those who are having issues with "Crashing At Login" they (NCSoft) have now posted a fix for your issue. Please give this a shot and reply to **FIX** Crashing At Login **FIX** with your findings! Just click the highlighted link. I have also posted the fix below. For those who are still having issues with "Crashes Caused by Razer and ASUS Services" this is more specific to you being able to log on but you crash after being logged on for about 30 mins or more. Post any fixes for this particular issue in this thread! Thank you & Good luck!

Crashing At Login

We have been able to identify the issue that is causing the game client to crash upon attempting to log in. If you are using a Chroma Keyboard, running Razer Synapse, or Razer Chroma SDK Core Components software, you will need to modify the ClientConfiguration.xml file.

• To do this, first navigate to “MyDocuments\BnS\NCWEST”
  • Once in the NCWEST folder you should see the ClientConfiguration
  • Right click the ClientConfiguration file and select Edit
  • After selecting Edit you need to locate the following line <option name='use-chroma-keyboard' value='y'/>
  • Change the value from Y to N and then Save and Close.

You should now be able to fully log into the game client.

Please keep in mind, if you are receiving error 4049 as well, you will need to restart your PC after making these changes before you will be able to login.

Have you tried this?

14 hours ago, Arla said:

Have you tried this?

Yup! It worked initially but then they posted an update. Once I took the update it crashed. So before I checked the forums I simply reverted the fix and it worked... Only to be disconnected 30 minutes later. So I disconnected my Razer Orbweaver and plugged in my Razer Tartarus. I have yet to be disconnected from the game since going back to my Tartarus. Which is awesome but I want to use my Orbweaver and not crash! That said, I cant wait for the day that I can use my Orbweaver! 

7 hours ago, Lauryn said:

Yup! It worked initially but then they posted an update. Once I took the update it crashed. So before I checked the forums I simply reverted the fix and it worked... Only to be disconnected 30 minutes later. So I disconnected my Razer Orbweaver and plugged in my Razer Tartarus. I have yet to be disconnected from the game since going back to my Tartarus. Which is awesome but I want to use my Orbweaver and not crash! That said, I cant wait for the day that I can use my Orbweaver! 

HAVE same prob getting very annoyed

I started out the day of play myself today w/o doing anything above and beyond w/ turning off of services in my task manager.  On a fresh boot, I started up the game via admin privies and proceeded to do the whole delayed start for my Asus GameFirstIII (@ Character Creation lobby screen).

Have to say I didn't have any errors nor crashes for the entirety of the time playing i have both a Razer Kraken 7.1 headset and a Chroma mouse. 

I did have a couple of issues yesterday after the client update however but they were miniscule and corrected after messing around w/ turning services on and off and on and off again, Blah di blah....

I would suggest a reboot and see if that helps.

Also remember if you're on Win 10 and you have fast boot enabled on your rig you should do a normal shutdown and not just a restart.

Good Luck!

10 hours ago, WiLLsn said:

Hey guys,

i got the same problem here, but i dont use any sort of asus or razor products. It creashed after login..

any tipps?

Are you getting any specific error codes? Or just an out and out crash? The fewer details you give the harder it is to address and resolve your issues.

Also this forum topic is intended for Asus & Razer related crashes, you stated that you aren't using either of those, soooooooo... >.>

On 2/2/2016 at 8:47 PM, Sonatina said:

5.  Enjoy the game.

7.  Quit the game.

8.  Rinse/repeat

I bow to you

Guys, I've been unable to really play since Saturday morning. It crashes for me every 20 or so minutes. I played from launch no problem but then this started happening and I see it might be the game's issue. I do not use any ASUS or Razor gear. So what could be my issue? The screen will black out then I will get the "Blade and Souls is not responding".

On 2/2/2016 at 3:47 PM, Sonatina said:

5.  Enjoy the game.

7.  Quit the game.

8.  Rinse/repeat

This did not work for me.

Instead I uninstalled both Razer Chroma SDK and Razer Game Scanner from my programs, started launcher and it NOW WORKS!!

History of crashes: First Must not have Razer SDK or Game scanner -> must HAVE Razer SDK n game scanner -> Current back to must NOT have Chroma SDK or razer scanner... again...

BnS make up ur freakin mind. Tired of installing/ uninstalling these razer products to play this game D:

On 1/18/2016 at 6:13 PM, DrChronixs said:

i dont own any razer products but i switched off asus game first and it still hasent solved anthing

I have GameFirst II installed and I didn't have issue on HeadStart, CBT and so on. I also uninstalled it due to Windows 10 Update and had no problems. But recently when I get into Cross-Server Dungeons specially "Inferno" it gets laggy and unplayable. I re-installed GameFirst and still have the same issue.

What is there to say on support side?

Archived