Crashes Caused by Razer and ASUS Services

Liinxy

I actually do use the custom profile settings on my Synapse for different games since I don't always want blisteringly high DPI in an MMO but do in an FPS. The fact that POS GameGuard is treating Synapse as a foreign body is just pathetic. Surely it should not be difficult for them to add exceptions and to reiterate what someone said above, it's completely useless anyway since the game is FILLED with gold spammers. It always seems to be Korean/Chinese based games that rely on it to prevent botting, but you never see it any other MMO from the western hemisphere. WoW, EVE, SWTOR, Rift et al.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeeeeep. Can't log in, launcher problems, etc. Whatever. But what about the black screen, blue screen, green screen, rainbow screen that crashes my entire PC after a specific time? WTB fix for that before I lose my shit. thnx 

On 1/29/2016 at 0:18 PM, Lauryn said:

So... you want to argue semantics? Ok, then I will play. So in the end NC Soft's launcher still does not work. Yes, in the end this is a problem with NC Softs launcher still not playing nice with the Razer software. So how do you get it to work? Welp, from their threads its sounds like you have to update their .bin file to allow functionality for Razer. So in the end... Its still Razer. Now what it sounds like... Is your issue is completely different. Maybe, you should submit a ticket. NC Soft will ask you to run a dxdiag and a logfile scan so they can see what your computer is doing and where their launcher is not playing nice with it. But you already knew to do that right? Because that poor poor team couldn't possibly help you could they?

I was, and still am receiving the error that this thread is about, and having done every single thing the NCSoft team has told me to do, including in all of their responses to my tickets, and I am still receiving the error. So tell me how you can still argue that the .(1000)(132,10054) disconnection error is caused by Razer? For some background, I have tried 5-6 different fixes suggested in a ticket response from NCSoft, including running dxdiag and a logfile scan, and sending them the information from both. Their answer to that info? They told me to turn off all of my startup programs, which again, didn't help just like the whole Razer/Asus thing. So you tell me, seem like they're grasping at straws yet?

They're definitely grasping at straws. I've had latency of over 3000 since day 1 on intermittent days. I've been going back and forth with support for the past week and a half and got 7 different responses from 7 different people. Nothing they gave worked, and now they're trying to blame my ISP when I gave photo evidence of tracerts showing their servers being the point where my signal gets dropped. We've found the source of the problem, they've found the source of the problem, and they don't like that.

42 minutes ago, Graulus said:

sorry to break it to you, but those tech support ppl dont exist. they are all bots.  everyone of us is getting those same computer pre generated generic responses because no one is working at ncsoft on a saturday.

I live in Orange County, Ca USA and just drove past their offices and the parking lot is empty. what does that tell you?  First week of launch and they dont work on the weekend.

yeah nothing works tired everything already. still getting error. even if i do log in i get the 10-20 min play time then DC. NCSOFT JUST MAKE A BYPASS FOR RAZOR AND ASUS EQUIPMENT!!!  u gonna work with a great game like blade and soul and cant even fix yo shit. 

I have the problem too and have tried everything. I really do not understand how this is even possible... did they even test their product? I think we should combine to file a class action lawsuit to get our preorder money back. is anyone interested?

They told to unstalled ESET, so I did guess what!?!?! still doesn't work. Turn of Razer SDK, Razer Game Scanner service. Lancher still doesn't go into the game. 

$125 for a pack that i barely even use, cause i can get on to the game everyday seem like the same problems keeps coming back.

http://prntscr.com/9wxxfb keep seeing this screen all the *cricket* time.

2 hours ago, Toeknee said:

They told to unstalled ESET, so I did guess what!?!?! still doesn't work. Turn of Razer SDK, Razer Game Scanner service. Lancher still doesn't go into the game. 

$125 for a pack that i barely even use, cause i can get on to the game everyday seem like the same problems keeps coming back.

http://prntscr.com/9wxxfb keep seeing this screen all the *cricket* time.

Toeknee, if you are using Razer equipment and still having this issue, please try my thread and tell me if it fixes it for you on that thread, thanks!

23 hours ago, TheGuz said:

this shit worked for me tho and i thnk you for that. But still.. this is one of the most retardest thing ive ever done for a video game

This resolved the problem I was having.  Thank you for sharing.

6 hours ago, Graulus said:

I was, and still am receiving the error that this thread is about, and having done every single thing the NCSoft team has told me to do, including in all of their responses to my tickets, and I am still receiving the error. So tell me how you can still argue that the .(1000)(132,10054) disconnection error is caused by Razer? For some background, I have tried 5-6 different fixes suggested in a ticket response from NCSoft, including running dxdiag and a logfile scan, and sending them the information from both. Their answer to that info? They told me to turn off all of my startup programs, which again, didn't help just like the whole Razer/Asus thing. So you tell me, seem like they're grasping at straws yet?

LMAO What!? #1.) I am pretty sure that when I sent that reply it was to someone else. #2.) If those are the errors you are receiving then why are you replying to a thread titled, "Crashes Caused by Razer and ASUS Services"? That in itself is a self defeating purpose. #3). I am sure you have done this since you have already have done the 5 or 6 fixes they have recommended. But why not try searching the error codes? Which bring this back to question #2.).. Why are you replying to a thread titled "Crashes Caused by Razer and ASUS Services"? In the end, some of the frustration you are experiencing is self driven. The only thing that you have done that was productive. Was submit a ticket and do the fixes they have suggested. My final point is, its wasted energy. The quote you quoted... was directed at someone who was clearly wasn't trying to fix anything but was absolutely trolling. Had you seen the rest of that conversation you can clearly see where I ended speaking to him. In the end if you are frustrated with NC Soft. I understand. This game has already been out for a while... My question to them (NC Soft) is how do you have this many bugs!!?? But in the end and I am speaking for myself. Instead I would rather be proactive attempt to point people in the right direction and see if I can get my issue fix. If someone is experiencing the same I hope I was able to help. And for some I have. That is enough for me. As for your issue... I truly hope it gets fixed. That said, I truly believe you are going about it the wrong way. That is an opinion and you know what they say about those right? 

Lol I did the recommended fix and my game wouldn't even start, just crashed after I clicked play game

But I re-enabled the two Razer services and now the game runs again? Still crashes randomly but at least I can get on now even if its only for a short time before it crashes

This issue is NC Soft's Launcher/anti-hacking protocol (Gameguard/nProtect) is seeing Razer Synapse/Asus Services as issues and causing crashing. If you are crashing and you do not have Razer's Synapse Keyboard, mouse, or gamepads then your issue/thread might be different. I think If you have any hardware that can use macro's and have their software installed that it triggers gameguard. Now that said, if none of the following I just stated is what is happening to you then this issue is different. 

6 minutes ago, busewhan said:

Lol I did the recommended fix and my game wouldn't even start, just crashed after I clicked play game

But I re-enabled the two Razer services and now the game runs again? Still crashes randomly but at least I can get on now even if its only for a short time before it crashes

Just looking for some context here busewhan. Have you uninstalled the Razer program and tested BnS to see if it still crashes?

12 minutes ago, Lauryn said:

Just looking for some context here busewhan. Have you uninstalled the Razer program and tested BnS to see if it still crashes?

yeah, I just tried with different hardware and synapse uninstalled (old keyboard with a worn out space bar) and the game worked fine. But when I do use my Chroma with the razer services disabled the game will not even start.

So essentially I'm at a point where I either use a broken keyboard or expect crashes ingame

EDIT: I'm trying it now with just SDK uninstalled and Synapse still installed/enabled. So far no crash and the game will actually start

Hi guys, this is a fix that has worked for me thanks to the help of my tech buddy. I'm not sure if it will work for everyone else but it's been working for me thus far after tinkering around and following this procedure for a few days. This has enabled me to actually launch the game and stay in the game without crashing. Prior to this I couldn't even launch the game, it would instantly crash and when I did manage to get it launched, it would crash me after being in the game for a short time. It's a bit of a pain and rather ridiculous that these steps have to be observed but oh well. This works for me, hopefully it will help some of you guys as well facing the same problem.

**So, prior and post launching the game, make sure that Razer Synapse is running.

Steps prior to launching the game:
1. Open the task manager and click on "open services"
2. For both "Razer Chroma SDK service and Razer Game Scanner", right click each one and go to properties and change both to automatic.
3. Return to the task manager, right click on both processes there and start them both

Now, launch the game.

Steps after the game has fully launched and your character has loaded in:
1. Go to the task manager and for both "Razer Chroma SDK service and Razer Game Scanner", stop both processes.
2. From the task manager, click on "open services" and right click on both "Razer Chroma SDK service and Razer Game Scanner", go to properties and change both to disabled.
This should stop the game from crashing while you are playing it.
Now you are going to have to do this each and everytime you want to play Blade and Soul until they come up with a fix. Enjoy!

31 minutes ago, Aphira said:

Hi guys, this is a fix that has worked for me thanks to the help of my tech buddy. I'm not sure if it will work for everyone else but it's been working for me thus far after tinkering around and following this procedure for a few days. This has enabled me to actually launch the game and stay in the game without crashing. Prior to this I couldn't even launch the game, it would instantly crash and when I did manage to get it launched, it would crash me after being in the game for a short time. It's a bit of a pain and rather ridiculous that these steps have to be observed but oh well. This works for me, hopefully it will help some of you guys as well facing the same problem.

**So, prior and post launching the game, make sure that Razer Synapse is running.

2. For both "Razer Chroma SDK service and Razer Game Scanner", right click each one and go to properties and change both to automatic.
3. Return to the task manager, right click on both processes there and start them both

Now, launch the game.

1. Go to the task manager and for both "Razer Chroma SDK service and Razer Game Scanner", stop both processes.
2. From the task manager, click on "open services" and right click on both "Razer Chroma SDK service and Razer Game Scanner", go to properties and change both to disabled.
Now you are going to have to do this each and everytime you want to play Blade and Soul until they come up with a fix. Enjoy!

There are multiple ways to get the game working that people of the community have figured out. As of their last patch though, Anyone who had Razer SDK running while playing Blade & Soul. If you try to now play while SDK is disabled. Blade & Soul detects that it is now not running and crashes on startup. That is because it detects that the devices saved into the last configuration are now missing. You can get around this by having Razer Chroma SDK running and get to the login screen. But if you continue to play with it running the game will actually crash on you with 10-20 minutes of playing. You can however bypass this by having Razer SDK running and then while in game, downsize it and in task manager under the "Services" tab find "Razer Chroma SDK" and stop it there. You will then no longer have any crashes done by your razer devices. However this can get rather annoying considering that you will be required to re enable Razer Chroma SDK in that same Services tab to re start Blade & Soul again and then disable it all over once logged in.

The fact that we the customers have to find fixes for what isn't even our game is a bit insane. We already know the causes yet we still have yet to get a single announcement that anyone over at NCSOFT is even working on a fix for this obviously serious issue that is effecting hundreds if not thousands of players. More of which probably have just not posted about it on the forums and decided to just drop the game all together because they can't play.

I myself will be dropping the game, the fact that it isn't fixed nor a statement has been made that they are even looking into it shows they have no interest in fixing it. Which is sad considering Razer is in the top 10 most popular and holds a rather large market share with their razer devices. Millions of people use Razer devices for their PC's so that is a rather large player base they will obviously lose if they do not fix this soon.

45 minutes ago, busewhan said:

yeah, I just tried with different hardware and synapse uninstalled (old keyboard with a worn out space bar) and the game worked fine. But when I do use my Chroma with the razer services disabled the game will not even start.

So essentially I'm at a point where I either use a broken keyboard or expect crashes ingame

EDIT: I'm trying it now with just SDK uninstalled and Synapse still installed/enabled. So far no crash and the game will actually start

Really!? I really hope it worked! Yah I hope they fix that. There is absolutely no reason why people should not be able to use their cool game pads and mice! I hope it fixed it for you!

56 minutes ago, Aphira said:

Now, launch the game.

OMG WORKED FOR ME THANKS GOD <3 THANKS ALPHIRA OMG OMG OMG

3 minutes ago, Sorzus said:
3 minutes ago, Sorzus said:

You are very welcome! Glad I could help someone out :)

On 1/29/2016 at 4:10 PM, Aymohnat said:

I found a workaround for now, works for me anyway...

1) Turn on the razer Chroma SDK service.  Otherwise i can't even get past the BnS logo without crashing.

To turn this service back on, i had to go to Synapse, press one of my Chroma products -> chroma apps and make sure everything is set to ON.

2) Edit the config file (C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\BnS\NCWEST\ClientConfiguration.xml) put back the chroma setting to "y". 

3) Clear that folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\GameGuard)

4) Restart PC.

5)Now, the problem is, u can get in game with the Chroma services running. But is still crashes your game in like 10-20 mins.

So when i'm in game, i go immediatly go back to task manager and just put of the Chroma SDK service. Just leave Synapse running, it doesn't affect your game. 

So now im in game, and it doesn't crash!

The only downside for now; every time when I want to restart BnS, i need to restart my entire PC to get the chroma service pop back up in task manager to actually log in.

But hey, at least i can play. For now. 

Hope this works for someone else as well :)

This worked for my friends and I. I've tried every other "solution" and this is the only one that's kept me on for hours and hours. My friend first just uninstalled Razer Chroma SDK, and that did work. But he wanted to get the keyboard coloring from the game to work, so he reinstalled and is doing this End Task suggestion.

I might try stopping the service while in the game next though, since that'd be easier to start again after quitting than restarting my whole computer.

I'm running Razer BlackWidow Chroma, Razer Naga Epic Chroma, and Razer Firefly on a MSI GTX 970 ME, i7 4790k, 32GB RAM and Samsung 850 Evo SSD.

Archived