Crashes Caused by Razer and ASUS Services

Liinxy

• NCSOFT

We are currently investigating an issue where certain services are causing issues with the Blade & Soul Client.  We are working hard on a fix to address these issues, in the meantime we recommend disabling these services via the below steps:

If you are having issues with the Blade & Soul client crashing to desktop, try disabling the Razer Chroma SDK Service and Razer Game Scanner Service.

Steps to turn off Razer Chroma SDK Service and Razer Game Scanner Service:

1. Press CTRL, ALT, DEL and open the Task Manager

2. Select "Services"

3. Locate "Razer Chroma SDK Service" and select it

4. Select the "Services" button on lower right

5. Locate "Razer Chroma SDK Service" again, select "Actions" then "Stop"

6. Select "Actions" again and choose "Properties"

7. Open the "Startup type" drop box, and select "Disabled", then “Apply” and “OK”

If you are experiencing issues with skill delay, turn off ASUSGameFirstService:

1. Hit the START button, and in the search box type: services.msc

2. Locate "ASUSGameFirstService"

3. Right-click "ASUSGameFirstService" and got to "Properties"

4. Change the "Startup type:" option to "Disabled"

5. Press "Apply", then "Okay"

This service may also be displayed as "cFosSpeed" "XFast LAN" or "Gigabyte Speed"

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy to hear you are working on this. I don't have any Razer or Asus services and still experience lag/delay problems despite not having any through all CBT. Connecting through WTFast solved it for me partially, (I managed to get from 180 to 30 ping) but for some reason, Cross Server Dungeon doesn't work for me when I connect like this. I just hope everything will be resolved soon and I'll be able to experience smooth gameplay like when I was playing in Closed Beta.

THANK YOU :D i dont have issues with crashing, but another issue. I have a beast pc and such with ping lower than 1500, so i shouldnt be lagging. however, when i press to use a skill, i have lag where it takes up to 3 seconds to cast. its random, sometimes it casts immediately, sometimes it doesnt. have disabled this, and hope it helps. thank you :)

For those still experiencing issues with Razer Synapse, in my case I completed the following steps on Windows 10 to stop the game from crashing:
  1. Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and select Task Manager.
  2. Select the Startup tab.
  3. Right Click Razer Synapse and select 'Disable'.
  4. Select the Services tab and click 'Open Services' at the bottom of the window.
  5. Right Click Razer Game Scanner and select 'Stop'.
  6. Right Click Razer Game Scanner and select 'Properties'.
  7. Change the Startup Type to 'Disabled'.
  8. Click 'OK'.
  9. Right Click Razer Chroma SDK Service and select 'Stop'.
  10. Right Click Razer Chroma SDK Service and select 'Properties'.
  11. Change the Startup Type to 'Disabled'.
  12. Click 'OK'.
Completing these steps will prevent all of your Razer applications from activating again once you restart your computer.  If you wish to use Razer Synapse, all you need to do is open it and it will restart the services required.  Otherwise, you should be free to play Blade and Soul without crashing.

this is crazy u run 10 years beta server and u have problem with asus and razer lol with razer? 1st in my life i see this gg wp seeking 3H for my issues and i see this omg when u gonna fix next few years ???

im just going to wait for you guys to fix it. Everytime the game crashes it also crashes my pc so i cant even access my task manager, i have to turn it off and on again. i dont own any razor stuff but my pc is asus and so is my keyboard. Please fix this asap.

I'm actually going to come out and say that it ISN'T an issue with Razer Products or the local softwares that are involved.

It has to do with corrupted bin files from the original LIVE BNS Client that we received for Headstart that got updated but failed to clean up old files.

For everyone having consistent crashes (Within 10-25 minutes of logging in), follow these steps.

Step 1: Access your local disc

Step 2: Program Files (X86) > NCSoft > BnS

Step 3: Delete the entire "bin" folder.

Step 4: Run the patcher and click repair files. Your bin files will be reinstated with clean ones and lacking any bugged or left over files.

Step 5 (Optional): Turn off Chroma Settings in game.

Step 6: Enjoy.

While the bug IS centered around Razer (As signified by some error reports), it's not specifically a Razer product or any softwares. The issue that seemed to be present was the Chroma Feature (On by default) triggering some type of communication failure to peripherals (Razer & Non-Razer) in which case, Game Guard was snapping at it and causing an error.

Even for people without Razer Products, the setting is still on and is attempting to communicate. Game Guard still flags it but fails to solve it.

Good luck, everyone.

1 hour ago, BeardedBourbon said:

I'm actually going to come out and say that it ISN'T an issue with Razer Products or the local softwares that are involved.

It has to do with corrupted bin files from the original LIVE BNS Client that we received for Headstart that got updated but failed to clean up old files.

For everyone having consistent crashes (Within 10-25 minutes of logging in), follow these steps.

Step 4: Run the patcher and click repair files. Your bin files will be reinstated with clean ones and lacking any bugged or left over files.

While the bug IS centered around Razer (As signified by some error reports), it's not specifically a Razer product or any softwares. The issue that seemed to be present was the Chroma Feature (On by default) triggering some type of communication failure to peripherals (Razer & Non-Razer) in which case, Game Guard was snapping at it and causing an error.

Even for people without Razer Products, the setting is still on and is attempting to communicate. Game Guard still flags it but fails to solve it.

Good luck, everyone.

see ive done that to and it stil will not work trust me i have tried evrything on this forum and as said im running only windows atm with b&s on it and im stil crashing as i load in the game

I can confirm that doing the above has not fixed the issue for me either.

I have gotten to the point where I do not feel it is worth playing until this bug is fixed sadly

Ill keep checking this thread in hopes it has been resolved

3 hours ago, BeardedBourbon said:

Good luck, everyone.

I did everything and it didnt work. im like 5 min into the game and the game crashes my computer i either get a white screen or a black screen after that i cant do anything and i have to turn the power off and on. this is really sad because i really wanted to play :/

1 hour ago, Myri said:

Hell no I wont block Razer since its the only way I can actually play the game or any action mmo.

Agreed. That's the whole reason I'm sticking with Synapse. 

Taking out razer is just like taking out 90% of my gaming style because I'm just a casual that depends too much on it.

Archived