Forums

Game Crashes Computer (Black Screen)

SlayZ

5 minutes or 1 hour into playing the game it will completely freeze and go into a black screen and the sound begins to stutter until the computer goes into a sleep like mode that I cannot get out of until I do a hard reset on my computer. I've tried playing both windowed and full, lowering my frames per second and still nothing. 

My computer is less than a year old and runs other games such as WOW, Skyrim, and Mortal Kombat X just fine at the highest resolutions and I've never had a problem.

Any fixes or ideas on what else it could be?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to say I'm getting the exact same thing.

CPU AMD FX-8350

GPU AMD R9 Fury Asus Strix

MSI 970A-G43 motherboard

1000 w power supply

8gb of ddr3 ram

running windows 10

Every game I've tried runs great except this one that crashes all the time.

Dear lord, SAME HERE. I have a custom build gaming rig that is not even half a year old with a NVIDAI GeForce graphics card! I can run Skyrim and Fallout 4 just fine for hours. HOURS.  But this game will crash- crash my computer for what feels like random reasons.  

Same exact problem, has been happening since early start. Using windows 7, so it's not exclusive to windows 10. The only fix I've found so far is to put the game into 800x600 with the option checked for optimize for low end computers. Computer is only like 2 years old, with settings maxed I still get like 70 fps until it crashes. Won't be playing until this is fixed. Such a pain in the ass, even gave me a blue screen at one point. 

Getting the same issue since I downloaded the game, done multiple file repairs and disabling the "Razer" services to be able to run the game, but so far no luck. My rig works fine with all other games it just seems to be having difficulty even comprehending running this game. Made contact to support but its been almost a day since I have heard a reply...

I submitted a ticket regarding this issue and they actually got back to me. Their advice, that seems to be working so far, was to run MSCONFIG, go to the services tab and just disable all Microsoft services. Then do the same for all the items under startup.

I'm still in login queue, but at least my game hasn't frozen my PC yet. It seems like kind of a backwards thing to have to do. I wonder what service we all have in common that's causing these freezes...

any news about this ? tryede the MSCONFIG, and deactivate all non microsoft services,
some times i just get in the game, and it instant crash, other times i get to play for 5-10mins. then it goes to black screen and sound studder, then i need to manuelt shut it down. 

Same problem here. PC crashes completely with black screen. Have to reboot.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

MB: MSI Z97-G43

Windows 10

I do not use any Razer or ASUS Software, just AMD Settings for setting up the Graphic Card

Same

GPU: AMD radeon HD 7950
CPU Intel Core i5-3570 @ 3,4GHz

MB: Asus P8B75-M

RAM: DDR3 8GB 1333MHz

Opdatede all drivers, made a Clean install of AMD GPU driver, im not getting minidump file as it blackscreen, so cant test anything really. gonna try new ram tmrw.

for me it crash randomly from the start of the game to 6-10mins 

I just want to make a point here, but does everyone here have an AMD FX 8350 as a CPU? Because I've been testing this extensively, and it seems like this game just doesn't like this particular CPU. I too have an 8350, and if you notice with things like CPU-Z, Core Temp, Speedfan or Speccy, your Temperature might be going up near the TJunction limit. Mine either freezes upon reaching the TJ temperature(Which is 80 degrees Celsius) Or the PC just shuts down, presumably the CPU shutting it down to prevent damage.

Can anyone expand on this? What CPU do you have? is it an 8350 as well? Can you clock your temperature next time you are on? 

So I've been reading a few things, and I think it's the 8350 is just pulling too much for the motherboard to handle. Most of the time it's fine but for this game it goes over the edge. Playing this game makes temps easily go over 85c on the motherboard, a MSI 970A-G43 in my case, mostly because MSI skipped out on a heat sink where the problem is. I expect upgrading the motherboard to fix it. Particularly one that has heat sinks for the highlighted area in this pic:FYBFTaQ.png

Edit: another thing I've seen suggested is to try DOWN clocking the cpu so it'll run a little cooler.

Same Here. It was just a thing that occasionally happened maybe 1 or 2 times per like a 4 hour session. But now its so bad i cant even get past the 6 digit pin code without it happening!

Proccesor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Ram: 8192MB

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660  

Archived