Poor Performance

Androkas

Hey guys,

I wonder if anyone got the same problem as me. I got a nvidia gtx 970 on windows 8.1 64bit system.

I have huge fps drops in some parts of the game. The thing i wonder about is that no matter what i do,

Putting all settings to 1 or to 5 it wont change anything on my performance.

I run the game at 120 fps at some points but then on other parts of the game (not only where ppl are stacked even at random empty places)

i drop to like 30.

Any solutions you could share with me ?

4 hours ago, jmsara said:

update your graphic card.

Im not sure if you are a troll or if you simply realy dont know anything about what you talk haha .

This game is from 2012 and its friggin Unreal 3 engine. My card runs every single game out there on ultra settings but this one.

But welp....maybe i shouldnt feed the troll.

On 19.1.2016 at 3:19 AM, dragoaskani said:

This game is cpu intensive. If you want any real help copy and paste your dxdiag in here. Otherwise no one will be able to help you.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

It is not a problem on my end. Thats for sure. I now searched on the web for couple of days and i found many people with nvidia 970/980 cards that

have the same problem. 

Sure there are some ppl that are like well i got over 60 fps all the time but if the fps is dropping from 120 to sometimes below 30-40

while the gpu is at like 30% usage...that is unplayble if i had like 40 fps all the time fine thats ok with me (actualy for my system its not cause i play gta 5 on max settings but ok)

it simply sucks that it is dropping all the time. Cause thats when you notice the low fps in those moments its like a stuttering and this wont stop it is rising to 120 and dropping again which again results in fps lag ....and yeah i havent yet seen in like the 100 threads i have read (from closed beta time untli now) ANY response or information from NCSoft if they even are trying to fix it or anything.

10 hours ago, Androkas said:

It is not a problem on my end. Thats for sure. I now searched on the web for couple of days and i found many people with nvidia 970/980 cards that

have the same problem. 

Sure there are some ppl that are like well i got over 60 fps all the time but if the fps is dropping from 120 to sometimes below 30-40

while the gpu is at like 30% usage...that is unplayble if i had like 40 fps all the time fine thats ok with me (actualy for my system its not cause i play gta 5 on max settings but ok)

it simply sucks that it is dropping all the time. Cause thats when you notice the low fps in those moments its like a stuttering and this wont stop it is rising to 120 and dropping again which again results in fps lag ....and yeah i havent yet seen in like the 100 threads i have read (from closed beta time untli now) ANY response or information from NCSoft if they even are trying to fix it or anything.

As obvious as my reply will sound. As you probably know most of this.

- Update you GPU drivers. (I myself had issues and updated a driver that had come out on the second day of release for this game. Once i updated it. Game worked fine)

- Ensure all your ingame settings are set proper to your liking.

It does seem odd and maybe something is up with those specific cards drivers or something. I hope you can sort it out.

:)

Lots of unhelpful advice in here. So here's what you really need to focus on:

The game has some serious optimization issues. No matter how much money you sink into your PC, it will only make up for so much that said. The setup you have is fine, and there's really nothing you can do on your end to improve the issues aside from making them aware to the developers so they can work on improving performance.

8 minutes ago, DBug said:

Lots of unhelpful advice in here. So here's what you really need to focus on:

The game has some serious optimization issues. No matter how much money you sink into your PC, it will only make up for so much that said. The setup you have is fine, and there's really nothing you can do on your end to improve the issues aside from making them aware to the developers so they can work on improving performance.

This.

23 hours ago, Androkas said:

have the same problem. 

Yes, agreed.

At other games people would just say ATI and Nvidia performed differently according to what game they play, but not even one people saying anything about this game. But all I see countless of thread are coming from nVidia users and lots of XFX ATi as well. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So I made a small test running two games to see what affecting and what's not (BnS and Assassin Creed running at the background to add more load) at two different resolutions with default max setup (I don't use auto optimized even though it shows max as well) people are running around i can't timely capture them.

1080p

59 fps

2xFW6x0.jpg

1440p

59fps

mJs0Q1g.jpg

I tried using Virtual Super Resolution option but unlike other games, this game doesn't detect resolution sampling so the performance maintain at 1080p which is my native resolution except the resource is growing over time.

Tell me which test should I do next. So far my game is running normal at 60 fps capped vsync never go below at any situation and any place.

My spec is normal. Default cpu fan, default gc, not a fancy nvidia setup people with cooling system and such.

ps: also razer synapse doesn't affect the game, it just the services does.

Archived