I am a bit disappointed about the PvP combat.

Tjaranis

On 18/01/2016 at 0:18 PM, Tjaranis said:

your negative attitude and arogance is not welcome here, go other places for that kind of bs.

have a nice day and goodbye

Hes right, you have a lot to learn about this game and specifically PVP in this game, before you start giving your opinion as though its fact.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only thing i have a problem with is im lvl 20 going aginst lvl 30-40s and while yes your hp and damage is scaled it dose not matter when you dont have the lvls to counter half the shit that is thrown at you, but i do have to say i love that the game has 1v1 that is boss as *cricket*

28 minutes ago, Laxxz said:

Hes right, you have a lot to learn about this game and specifically PVP in this game, before you start giving your opinion as though its fact.

The irony is that he calls me arrogant for what I said, then in his other post about "arbitrary difficulty (ie stances are too hard)," he went on a diatribe about us filthy forum commoners being too stupid and inexperienced to understand his elevated thinking or comprehend his concepts. How arrogant must you be to honestly believe that EVERYONE else is too stupid to understand you when they don't agree with you? 

I am going to preface this by saying I didn't read through all 3 pages of OP making giant statements to barely anything at all. And also I would like to say that I am by no means an expert at this game or it's PvP. 

From what I have experienced the OP is just very close minded about combat. The MMO genre in general for a long time has suffered from over homogenization. You complaining about how this video game needs to express the same traits as other video games (Aion) just goes to show that you are unwilling to change. Honestly this game is much more complex than you seem to realize. If you are losing or winning a lot then its because either you or your opponent are not very experienced and this is EXPECTED because the game is brand new to a lot of people who just installed and level a few days ago. 

TL;DR get the stick out of your ass OP

On 1/20/2016 at 2:18 PM, Tjaranis said:

your comments pretty much proofs what is wrong with the EU community and why publishers generally hates us -.-

ignorance idiocy, personal threats, muggery, and not a single person trying to actually argue the subject.....

ow what joy lol...

"there is no cure for stupidity, only with time the stupid will die and hopefully no more will be allowed to grow up"

There was a bunch of legit responses, you just don't consider them legit because they weren't of the same view as you.

I also wrote a long ass response to your point about arbitrary difficulty, which you also ignored, probably because I didn't agree with you? 

Also, you acted like an *cricket* with the " your negative attitude and arogance is not welcome here, go other places for that kind of bs. " when the comment you replied to wasn't negative, arrogant or bs. So how about getting off that high horse of yours, trying to blame random stuff on others?

I don't want to sound rude but You want to "fix" and bend the game to Your likings. Many people including me love actual combat system and i find it the best of all the MMO's i have played in my life. The game is pretty old too so there won't be any changes and it won't ever happen anyway.

So its either adapt to it or go back to game You like/search for something else.

When there are new games there are numerous types of people who write in forums. One type are people who came from a previous game they liked and will put down everything the new game offers and two are people who came from a previous game but hated it and will put down the previous game they played. I don't think the guy who made the thread should be met with such hostile responses after all it's his opinion. We all have opinions. Plus it also might deprive people of truly unbiased answers. My advice to the guy who started this thread level your class to 45 and I mean slowly. Not rush like everyone seems to be doing. I have a force master and I have been playing from launch and he is now level 10 because I am moving slowly to get to understand everything. They even advised people on the launch stream that it is better to do that.

Just level your class to max level then pvp. If you still do not like it then Blade & Soul is not for you.

17 hours ago, MrBravex said:

you said you dont like this game because the CC and nuking but in Aion and WoW all you do is bait out their trinket/CC remover and Chain CC and nuke them down...

actually i stated a lot different things ^^ and i have restated that i analyzed exactly what i disliked about the setup (besides how slow the movement in combat is, and i hated the lack of a decent dodging system, having 5 different skills which sole purpose is to work as a dodge move is just bad design which feels more like an after thought -.-)

anywhere, here is the big issue of B&S: (doubt you will get it since you didn't even understand the CC difference i explained in my first thought on the issue)

Ok quick background so everyone knows where I'm coming from.   Played assassin pvp at 45 in beta.   Made it to 1500 but wasn't trying too hard.  Still Lvling in live but will be 45 this weekend (43 atm) (assassin). 

Seems every class has a counter class.  I hate blade dancers.  U are going to hate one class. 

The whole complaints about sub 45 pvp isn't relevant since cap can be obtained in as little as 15hrs or if u are Lvling casually like me,  1 week. 

Comparing aion to bns is like comparing drag racing hot wheels to drifting tuner cars.   Let's accept they aren't the same and move on. 

The reason for the stun dmg retreat method is so u can't counter break my combo.  And the notion that movement is slow or lacking is foreign to an assassin as our whole kit damn near is about positioning/positional attacks.  

If ur only using wasd for this, ur doing it wrong.  I said this in another thread....once u get past having to think about ur next move and ur button presses become solely reactionary,  u have that ah hah moment and ur viewpoint changes.   Try to get there,  play another 50 matches,  then tell us what u think.   I bet ur opinion will change. 

Just stick with it. Give it some time.   Games only a week old.... 

On 22/1/2016 at 8:27 PM, Fade said:

Just stick with it. Give it some time.   Games only a week old.... 

if it was just a question of mastering the systems i would say "yes stick with it", but this is not the case.

it is a case of bad design.

no matter how much you play, how much you master it, you will NEVER get around the problems that is the design issue's which is the course of the whole problem in the first place.

meaning that keeping with it is just a wasted of time and effort, it only gets more frustrated the more you master it, because the more you master it the clearer it gets  that it is purely an issue of bad design, not your inability to pull something off perfectly.

the irritation over the lack of a decent dodge system, having to use double tapping instead of hotkeying, having to have the lack of responsiveness because the system doesn't prioritize correctly, and that again dodges are just acknowledged as another skill (so overlapping doesn't prioritize as said).

the overly forced complexity of skills and "synergy" which instead of being a positive reinforcement of cool "synergy" it becomes the "MUST have" meaning that if you use skill x with chain y you HAVE to use skill z with chain a or be ineffective. the switching of stances/modes/weapons which does nothing else than simply put an extra  layer of complexity in the sanse that you just need one more stated to keep track of, for no other reason than adding extra complexity.

the lack of movement in combat, making it a spreadsheet pvp game worse than that of eve online (at least eve online takes  some strategic skills involved due to its massive options/counter and large scale focus).

oppose to B&S where if you made a spreadsheet of what counter each skill+chain combo, then you just need to learn this in and out and you already won. it is not a matter of "thinking" and "reacting" as much it is a question of learning every synergy setup of every class and every "do not attack" defensive skill, and more of learn there looks.

the games PvP is more about reading spreadsheets and websites of skill describtions than it is of perfecting your own play and finding the weakness of each players movement and patterns.

when combining all the problems this game has when it comes to combat it is just not worth the effort. why would you wasted the time. it is clear that the game have suffered massively in the try to force an esport upon it, with needless complexity, lack of movability, 100% predictability by spreadsheet use, and lack of the most importent of RL skills of gaming.

sure it is a hard game, and sure it takes massive amount of time to master it. but you will use wastly longer time actually reading and remembering everything than you will actually mastering your class and the combat it self. once you reach the master lvl it is all just repetition as everything else.

removing the forced complexity of the combat you are standing left with a stripped down badly made design. you would be left with a slow action 12 key bottom smash which is always the "smash bottom x when y is made", with no movement, no tactical overview, no fast reaction needed, and no ingame skill needed, since all it would be about is whether or not you know your spreadsheet.

personally i find it wildly dissapointed, and it is sad that it have hidden itself so well behind extreme amount of needless complexity with no other reason than obscuring the bad design which is behind it.

hopefully BDO won't be  such a dissapointment in the pvp fights, at least they are keeping the needless complexity of combat to a minimum, got a solid dodge system, place their combat on movement and actual player reaction, while moving away from the spreadsheet solution we see in B&S.

ofcouse it is impossible to truly tell untill BDO's pvp have been played,tried, tested and analyzed there after. but as said what tricks people with B&S is the obscuring of its system behind needless complexity, something which i haven't seen in BDO, so it should be much more on point as expected from looking at all the pvp vids etc.

On January 24, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Tjaranis said:

if it was just a question of mastering the systems i would say "yes stick with it", but this is not the case.

no matter how much you play, how much you master it, you will NEVER get around the problems that is the design issue's which is the course of the whole problem in the first place.

meaning that keeping with it is just a wasted of time and effort, it only gets more frustrated the more you master it, because the more you master it the clearer it gets  that it is purely an issue of bad design, not your inability to pull something off perfectly.

the irritation over the lack of a decent dodge system, having to use double tapping instead of hotkeying, having to have the lack of responsiveness because the system doesn't prioritize correctly, and that again dodges are just acknowledged as another skill (so overlapping doesn't prioritize as said).

the overly forced complexity of skills and "synergy" which instead of being a positive reinforcement of cool "synergy" it becomes the "MUST have" meaning that if you use skill x with chain y you HAVE to use skill z with chain a or be ineffective. the switching of stances/modes/weapons which does nothing else than simply put an extra  layer of complexity in the sanse that you just need one more stated to keep track of, for no other reason than adding extra complexity.

the lack of movement in combat, making it a spreadsheet pvp game worse than that of eve online (at least eve online takes  some strategic skills involved due to its massive options/counter and large scale focus).

oppose to B&S where if you made a spreadsheet of what counter each skill+chain combo, then you just need to learn this in and out and you already won. it is not a matter of "thinking" and "reacting" as much it is a question of learning every synergy setup of every class and every "do not attack" defensive skill, and more of learn there looks.

the games PvP is more about reading spreadsheets and websites of skill describtions than it is of perfecting your own play and finding the weakness of each players movement and patterns.

when combining all the problems this game has when it comes to combat it is just not worth the effort. why would you wasted the time. it is clear that the game have suffered massively in the try to force an esport upon it, with needless complexity, lack of movability, 100% predictability by spreadsheet use, and lack of the most importent of RL skills of gaming.

sure it is a hard game, and sure it takes massive amount of time to master it. but you will use wastly longer time actually reading and remembering everything than you will actually mastering your class and the combat it self. once you reach the master lvl it is all just repetition as everything else.

removing the forced complexity of the combat you are standing left with a stripped down badly made design. you would be left with a slow action 12 key bottom smash which is always the "smash bottom x when y is made", with no movement, no tactical overview, no fast reaction needed, and no ingame skill needed, since all it would be about is whether or not you know your spreadsheet.

personally i find it wildly dissapointed, and it is sad that it have hidden itself so well behind extreme amount of needless complexity with no other reason than obscuring the bad design which is behind it.

hopefully BDO won't be  such a dissapointment in the pvp fights, at least they are keeping the needless complexity of combat to a minimum, got a solid dodge system, place their combat on movement and actual player reaction, while moving away from the spreadsheet solution we see in B&S.

ofcouse it is impossible to truly tell untill BDO's pvp have been played,tried, tested and analyzed there after. but as said what tricks people with B&S is the obscuring of its system behind needless complexity, something which i haven't seen in BDO, so it should be much more on point as expected from looking at all the pvp vids etc.

Hard to say it's design flaws until you have hit the endgame.

Honestly all your complaints make it sound like you're just not good at the game and are blaming It for Your skill.

Im retched at PVP but I'm not about to jump on a soap box and demand they Linearize it, there's enough linear combat and gameplay in most MMO that still utilize a Tab Target lock system. It's not the games design that makes me bad at the pvp, it's me.

Just own up, admit you're not good at it because it's too hard and either 1) Get better or 2) Fine a new game that's more to your liking/difficulty level.

On 1/24/2016 at 1:13 AM, Tjaranis said:

lel you are just bad.  First of all you picked the slowest paced class in the game with the possible exception of Summoner but still you picked a magician among martial artists and then complain about not doing kung fu dodges left and right.  

Yes there is quite some CC and there are about as much CC breaks and ways to dodge em for almost all classes,  putting in points in certain skills also makes em counter CC even more than the default anti-CC skills you have.

Also there have been a few very constructive feedback posts on earlier pages which you just completely ignored and then you say we are only hating on you.  Well with the way you are posting here it would not be strange to get hated eventually since you are acting very immature. 

Hmm i would like to give my opinion about B&S PvP,just for notice i played on chinese servers  2 years ago,yes i had like 300ms/ping but still i got some knowledge/experience.

As the OP said B&S PvP  does seem boring and not entertaining,now i wouldn't compare it to Aion or Tera since all 3 games are different in PvP combat system and skills/counters . ( played Aion for 4 years and spent 1 on Tera ) tera is probably the easiest MMO out there. 

But sorry to say arena is plain boring,after few matches it just gets the same,now i'm not saying that combat system is boring like skills,counters etc but yeah,in the end it's mostly who can cc who and then dish out some dmg. And then you have some classes with more advantages over others and even in arena which is 100% balanced but classes aren't.

As for world pvp well that's just lol as in every faction vs faction game out there,the faction with more ppl will mostly win. 

Getting good in B&S PvP is really hard especially if you're playing KFM and to be able to enjoy it,person should master his class which isn't easy,so yea B&S pvp is not for everyone and it means not everyone will enjoy the game to the fullest. And if you ask me  i think that's a big flaw in design, PvP shouldn't be that hard to learn and classes shouldn't be so unbalanced. 

Now as for people saying Aion/Tera like game suck cause of auto target system,how is no target in B&S balanced? a ranged class can easily just shoot melee class from distance while this one is trying hard to get even close and then just to miss? or get frozen and can't do anythign while getting nuked..seems to me that non target system isn't much of a difference for ranged classes. It's true Aion had it's flaws cause of godstones and some minor stuff, but as for the combat system itself,i probably liked that one the most.

Spoiled brats PLEASE. dont get this pvp ruined also. 

You cant win EVERYTIME GO P2W game. 
You cant hope to be the BEST with no game knowlegde.. GO WoW
You cant just QQ everytime you dont get your way. Go to your parents and beg them for more money for P2W game. 

seriously. This is preason, i bet you game is being closely watched. If you want to see broken clases, Look other lanuches. this is most balanced compared to most.

On 1/24/2016 at 6:13 PM, Tjaranis said:

Then uninstall the game and stop critting walls of txt

It's always crazy to me when people go to other games' forums comparing them to their favorite game, then incessantly dismiss any advice or comparisons given to them by people with more knowledge than them.

Lack of movement ? Lack of tactical overview? Must have synergy ? No fast reaction needed? I dont know which game you played but its clearly not blade and soul.

First- You picked a class thats meant to be that "slow moving cannon". So dont qq about movement, BM, BD, KFM , Sin have plenty of movement going on.

There is no "must have" synergy. There are many different abilities that are in synergy with many other abilities. Its not too much in a way nomatter what you do it ends up being synergy somehow but its not "must have" either. I cant tell you how it works on your class but i can tell you 3 different ways things to do after "shoulder charge"

Shoulder Charge -> Lightning Draw -> Raid-> Rightclick spam

Shoulder Charge -> Take Flight -> Rising Eagle -> Knock down OR Ascend

Shoulder Charge -> Combo2 -> Rush -> Lightning Draw -> Blade call -> Raid -> 2x right click ->Five point strike.

And this goes on and on. There are many different ways you can order your strikes. It all depends on your opponent, what skills your opponent used and how much focus you have. For example, last one has very big damage, but you need to make sure your enemy cant escape it or it will go to waste. Thats intelligent "tactical control" of your opponent.

Shoulder charge, which was "initializatior" here, can also be used as secondary skill.

Rush -> Aircombo1 or Aircombo2-> Shoulder charge -> Combo1.

And you can replace Shoulder Charge with Rush on above combos except 3rd one.

Also there is no "predictability" in high ranks. Which is another proof that you are low. They are using "predictability" as a manipulation, forcing you to think something but in truth using another thing, with aim of making you spend your key skills on waste. BTW, double S works fine. 

All of the combos above are because of the way i distributed talents, distributing talents in different places unlocks whole other combo possibilities. So yeah. there is no "forced complexity". Combat is complex by default, and in its complexity the amount of skill it takes to do all these differances master from a noob. And combat is great, game has fame for its legandary combat and has very big Esports going around it on Asia. So if you have problem with combat, its your problem, Game has proven over and over that its combat is unmatched by any game.

On 18/01/2016 at 4:18 PM, Tjaranis said:

your negative attitude and arogance is not welcome here, go other places for that kind of bs.

have a nice day and goodbye

That wasn't really anything negative what he said, he is saying give the game more time and noone can say "I know everything about this game PvP combat sucks shit" the game has on;y been out for like a week and half! Wait longer and this game all boils down to skill level and knowing how to counter the other classes I think it is very well made and I love it better than any other mmo I have played. Hope to see you in arena or World PvP sometime. :)

2 hours ago, Sophena said:

That wasn't really anything negative what he said, he is saying give the game more time and noone can say "I know everything about this game PvP combat sucks shit" the game has on;y been out for like a week and half! Wait longer and this game all boils down to skill level and knowing how to counter the other classes I think it is very well made and I love it better than any other mmo I have played. Hope to see you in arena or World PvP sometime. :)

Unfortunately yes,in the end this game boils down to knowing all that,this game is mostly about pvp end game content. People who don't like such hardcore PvP won't have much to do in this game at cap lvl,spamming dungeons and dailies ,getting geared which in the end wont matter. Arena will be the only place where people will PvP since it is the most balanced place,world PvP will probably be dead cause of non equal numbers between factions and  gear difference. Not sure if it's true but apparently wold pvp is dead in korea..and it's no surprise.

Now i personally don't like this PvP combat system in B&S.not saying it's bad lets just say i'm more used to some other game pvp mechanics. Doesn't matter if i'm bad or good in B&S pvp i just don't enjoy it even after giving it lots of chances. Now that being said,people like me will hit end game stop pretty soon since we enjoy only PvE part of it and we all know that one isn't really a lot. Already close to having true siren weapon even with my casual gameplay and the game is out not even full 15 days,i can imagine only what hardcore players already have.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming to B&S from Gunz 1, I agree with everything OP said.  there is no need for a combat mode, just have it 1 mode with maybe a few chase skills and perhaps take out the cooldowns (atleast for the wasd dodges and first 3 basic attacks). It will probrably make this game much MUCH more interesting, atleast for me.

Archived