Account-bound Costumes?

LeSwaQQa

First, I am 100% agree to change costumes to account bound. But I am sure it won't happen. NC soft will not change for all of pitiful poor guys. NCsoft want to get profit from those costumes. Chinese Taiwanese Japanese servers already showed how much money they could make from it. At beginning, we all against this, but later on... More people buying those digital items. It's like an addiction, once you start it. You might ask how much some serious guys spent on this game? One guy spent 62000 USD to get a NPC name as he choice and one wing costume in China, That's how crazy this game goes. Later on, it will become money competition game. I m NOT EVEN talk about upgrade weapon bills. It will definitely cost huge money on it. A decent weapon kill you with one shot 200K HP out, Yes, later on, NC will sell it for sure. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the bright side Black Desert is launching March 2nd. I dont recall spending as much for so little when i was over there BUT it was also cheaper for Blade and Soul on Japanese server. We didnt have to pay for features. We'll just have to see which one cost less for more on NA i guess. If prices are the same well, BDO is a much newer game with lot more content and MUCH better graphics. Chances are people will get sick of paying this much for an old game like BnS.

After I bought my first costume for me and my gf, we agreed not to buy any more NCoin nor subscribe to Premium until costumes/dobok become account bound. The pricing in the Hongmoon Store is way too high. You'd think that in a game's release you'd want your market to have competitive prices for attracting customers but instead we have this nonsense. Also, just because you slap a price on costumes/doboks that are blatant re-skins of existing ones (That are farmable in game) does not increase it's value. It only serves to drive away more potential spenders. The business model so far is repulsive and it's difficult to support the game like this.

Coming from playing TERA, not having account bound costumes is fine with me. If you want a costume on a character then you buy it for that character. The only costumes I think should be account bound are the Master Pack ones (which they are) and the Silver Dragon one (which for some reason isn't. Come on NCSOFT. It's a $100+ costume. Make it account bound). The fact that they are putting in an item you can buy to move costumes around between characters is nice, but as a whole I don't really think account bound costumes are necessary.

On 1/18/2016 at 7:08 AM, IronDr4g0n said:

Absolutely. Ridiculous to have to buy the same overpriced costume multiple times, complete cash grab and a sure fire way to make me not pay a single penny for anything on the CS. But unless people protest with their wallet (refuse to buy costumes), this will probably never change.

It wasn't out of protest or boycott that I didnt buy any costumes but simply that I didn't know what class id stick with. The system actually actively discouraged me from buying any costumes.

4 minutes ago, Metalicz said:

Coming from playing TERA, not having account bound costumes is fine with me. If you want a costume on a character then you buy it for that character. The only costumes I think should be account bound are the Master Pack ones (which they are) and the Silver Dragon one (which for some reason isn't. Come on NCSOFT. It's a $100+ costume. Make it account bound). The fact that they are putting in an item you can buy to move costumes around between characters is nice, but as a whole I don't really think account bound costumes are necessary.

I think at the end of the day they have to ask if the very few people who will actually be the same costume twice on different characters can make up for the people who won't buy any at all due to it. The answer seems obvious to me. Personally I play multiple characters and there's no way im paying 2 or 3 times.

On 18/01/2016 at 0:59 PM, LeSwaQQa said:

I think the costumes that you buy from the cash shop should be account-bound and not bound to one character. The current prices for outfits are a bit too high if  they're only going to be bound to one character. I was surprised by this when I logged in to my 2nd character thinking I would have the outfits that I bought. What do you guys think?

It is NCsoft, one of the greediest publishers in game industry. I agree with you, but it won't happen. This is the reason why I won't be buying any costume.

4 hours ago, TaeHwaRang said:

I just wish to possible send your bound costume that is not use anymore to my alt at least once.

Account bound is going too far in my opinion.

Why is it going too far?  Games have implemented this system in the past, and these systems have never been taken negatively.

Even cosmetics you obtain from just playing the game; if it takes you six hours to farm a cosmetic item, do you really want to farm that six hours a second time on an alt?  Or a third time then a fourth time?  Why is it necessary?  That shit becomes pure torture and only serves to burns players out.

Literally just responding to bump this thread up and show my support for account-bound shop costumes. These things are $15 a pop. I have friends on multiple servers, three (about to be four) characters for role-play purposes and to enjoy the different classes. I've already spent enough just on outfits to level up to 6 in premium points, and one of my three characters has zero cash shop items.

There's another thread that discusses NC Soft responding to this request with a 'we might provide another purchasable item to send another character an outfit'.

This isn't acceptable to me.
We need cheaper cash shop, or account bound items.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived