Account-bound Costumes?

LeSwaQQa

I think the costumes that you buy from the cash shop should be account-bound and not bound to one character. The current prices for outfits are a bit too high if  they're only going to be bound to one character. I was surprised by this when I logged in to my 2nd character thinking I would have the outfits that I bought. What do you guys think?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely. Ridiculous to have to buy the same overpriced costume multiple times, complete cash grab and a sure fire way to make me not pay a single penny for anything on the CS. But unless people protest with their wallet (refuse to buy costumes), this will probably never change.

Agreed, I would love to have account-bound costumes, or even account-bound warehouse (though that might be overkill).  I think it would take some drastic measures for that to happen though, since it would be a new feature for our version of the game.

i think since the game wasn't buy to play there gunna be money grubby on the cash shop tho the costumes are abit to high its basically $16-20 for one costume on one alt maybe $5 or $8 but dont throw 16 for one single costume if you gunna have multiple characters thats banking big time lol i was hope'n the costumes cost just as much as the summoner pet even the pet seem more reasonable then the main character and its like $5=400nc

what made you guys think costumes were account bound ? $15-$20 a costume is steal to most advent mmo players. Dragons nest is the same way costumes aren't character bound and if you wanted a really good costume it would cost $30.  Vindicuts is the same way. I could keep listing other MMO's that do character bound items/costumes instead of account bound. 

Just because some MMOs have equally (or more) crappy pricing systems doesn't mean BnS has to follow suit. There are other NCSoft-related titles (GW2 and WS) that offer costumes that are under $10 AND account-wide. :P They clearly can see and understand that such pricing is welcome.

The only issue with the account bound costume (NOT THAT I'M AGAINST IT BECAUSE I WANT ACCOUNT BOUND)

is that the costumes are different for each race. So if you are like me and have one race that you play on than it will be great, but if not than it's pointless.

ok I lied I have another issue... The costumes are a revenue thing and honestly I would rather pay more and FOR SURE get the costume I want than to have to open 100s of RNG boxes and pray I get one without spend at ton of cash.

Anyways those are the issue I can think of, but I am not against account wide costumes because trust me I wish my Silver Dragon costume was account wide.........

I agree with account bound costumes. I, for one, am an altoholic and would love the same costumes on all of my characters.

What NCSOFT should do is use the SWTOR model: Purchase a costume, and then be able to purchase it again at a lower price to make it account-wide. I love that system and it is perfect for me.

Another question: If I accidentally delete my costume that I purchased, there's no way to redeem it again? I haven't deleted any costumes (I should have tried in the CBT) so I don't know if that actually works. I know you can't claim another copy of a costume after you purchased it so it kind of ruins it for me in that respect.

2 minutes ago, lightfairy287 said:

I agree with account bound costumes. I, for one, am an altoholic and would love the same costumes on all of my characters.

What NCSOFT should do is use the SWTOR model: Purchase a costume, and then be able to purchase it again at a lower price to make it account-wide. I love that system and it is perfect for me.

Another question: If I accidentally delete my costume that I purchased, there's no way to redeem it again? I haven't deleted any costumes (I should have tried in the CBT) so I don't know if that actually works. I know you can't claim another copy of a costume after you purchased it so it kind of ruins it for me in that respect.

I agree with the SWTOR idea! I would for sure pay extra to make them account wide haha.

Yes, you can get the item back just send in a ticket.

(but with everyone sending in tickets for xfers, to complain, ect. it might take a bit)

3 hours ago, Sassychan said:

$10-15 (800-1200 Ncoins) for perm costumes seems fair. 

I agree. Just be glad this isn't like Vindictus where outfits are $30. Oh and you also had to buy a inner that would work with the outfit you were buying.

I agree that $10-15 is around the normal price for a perma costume on most games.  Personally I would like to see some way to make the costumes multi character, either through a system like SWTOR with paying alittle extra to unlock on all characters or just having a wardrobe system like GW2.  

7 minutes ago, Telzen said:

I agree. Just be glad this isn't like Vindictus where outfits are $30. Oh and you also had to buy a inner that would work with the outfit you were buying.

Vindictus outfits also gave you stats with the 30 dollar ones giving 500 attack which is a pretty good chunk in Vindictus.  Its not a very good comparison considering I have not seen any stats associated with the BnS costumes.

It could be worse it could be Maplestory where 10 dollars gives you 3 months for a costume.   

55 minutes ago, Glub said:

I agree that $10-15 is around the normal price for a perma costume on most games.  Personally I would like to see some way to make the costumes multi character, either through a system like SWTOR with paying alittle extra to unlock on all characters or just having a wardrobe system like GW2.  

Vindictus outfits also gave you stats with the 30 dollar ones giving 500 attack which is a pretty good chunk in Vindictus.  Its not a very good comparison considering I have not seen any stats associated with the BnS costumes.

It could be worse it could be Maplestory where 10 dollars gives you 3 months for a costume.   

Seriously rental systems are *cricket*ed.

4 hours ago, lightfairy287 said:

Agreed.  

1.  These costumes are extremely expensive in the first place.  Most decent MMO's run in the $5 to $15 range for accountwide outfits.  (GW2, Wildstar, SWTOR, Rift)

2.  And yes, I like SWTOR's "minor extra fee" to unlock it account wide.  Win for everybody.  People that don't play alts don't feel like they're having to pay for multiple characters, people that do play alts don't feel like they are having to pay 4 to 5x as much just because they enjoy playing different characters now and then.  (Although I would point out.  As far as I'm aware, people that play alts don't actually play *more* than those who don't, so I'm not entirely convinced there is any logic to expecting them to pay more, particularly since the storage costs of character data is pretty much free.)

3.  I'll finally admit, I don't particularly *mind* most outfits being for only a single character.  Generally speaking, I do want my characters to look unique, so most outfits I'd really only want to use on a single character.  The exception, of course, is seasonal outfits.  Like the x-mas stuff.  Now that is the kind of thing where, during the holiday season, I'd like to wear on all my characters.  And also, being seasonal, I won't really be wearing it all that much.  So there is no way in heck I'm paying 1200 coins per character for something like that.  I just won't bother dressing seasonally at all.  (Note:  At least during Beta there was a free giveaway of the seasonal outfits, but the giveaway wasn't still running during release.  I don't know if that's simply because we're so far into January, or if it's because the giveaway was only a beta test/thank-you thing.  If the seasonal stuff are typically available in-game for free, with some sort of supplemental purchase for people that miss the event for whatever reason, then I guess I'm somewhat fine with it being expensive.

2 hours ago, Telzen said:

Uh huh.  I downloaded Vindictus, created a character, looked at what it took to buy underarmor that wasn't a full set of long-johns under my equipment, and uninstalled.  Not even sure I even got to the point of checking to see what the cost of outfits themselves were.  That game is just ridiculous and shouldn't be used as a comparison for anything, except possibly for what never ever to do.

They won't make them account bound. Lets compare Tera( another Korean Dev) 12000 Store cash for 100 dollars costumes cost 800-2200 the large amount including a couple of head slot items. Or for 10 dollars 1000 coins, 20 dollars 2200, or 40 dollars 4400. So costumes there run 10-20 dollars.

They're character bound. loot boxes for special costumes run 150 coins each or 3 for 450 or 10 for 1200

Again I wouldn't hold my breath for them to change it. I don't think Aion they are account bound, could be wrong havent played in a couple years, same NCSoft

3 minutes ago, Bridesmaid said:

Again I wouldn't hold my breath for them to change it. I don't think Aion they are account bound, could be wrong havent played in a couple years, same NCSoft

From what I've read, Aion is pretty much the ultimate (IMO) example of how *not* to do it.  Under any circumstances whatsoever.  Unless I'm misunderstanding, (I never bought any, as it reads like a total ripoff) outfits in Aion are like weapon skins here.  You can apply the skin to a single piece of equipment.  And that's it.  They are also 1-time apply, which from what I understand means you can't even then apply the skin from that piece of equipment to a new piece of equipment when it is time to upgrade.  While at least in BnS you can pretty much upgrade the skinned weapon until it's the best weapon in the game, not-so-much in Aion.  You won't be upgrading that skinned piece of equipment much at all.

Archived