Minimum level requirements for a dungeon?

Erza Scarlet

So I was doing cross server dungeon on EU and I happened to find out that even low levels can sign up for Tomb of Exile, which only drops like lvl36+ items. Now I do not want to exclude people from entering, but please what does a lvl21 blademaster gain from tomb of exile? It will only slow down the party dps. This is also for other dungeons of course but Tomb of Exile is an example.

What does the community think of this matter? should there be a minimum level requirement for dungeons or just leave it as it is?

Yeah, I too saw a lot of this during the weekend.

Run Exiles, oh look, two players that are not even 25 able to run the party ........

They are one shot food.  Some of them, was very clear had a bit too much coin for a level 2X 'ish toon as well.  ( just my two cents ) 

I can understand getting into a dungeon before you reach it on the map, but the level range should have min of gear level drops for the dungeon.

But you are carrying Natsu and Lucy XD. 

Jokes aside yea there should be limitations before ppl get too upset and lose patience with it. In CN it escalated to the point not only to not run with low lvs crossserver, PPL also leave the crossserver right away if someone has subpar equipments or fails like one block or two. In the meantime if can get friends and guildies to run the same dgn or just wait for them a bit and move on with story quest for the moment, that would be the best option.

Certain dungeons seem to be pretty loose as to what is being allowed to join a run.

The worst example so far for me seems to be the Forgotten Tomb in Scorching Sands. The quest to do this dungeon you get around level 37-38. When I went to look for it in the Cross Server dungeon finder it matched me with people from level 30-31. Needless to say we got slaughtered in there. Those undead do extreme damage. And even my poor geared force master gets slammed hard. 

Likewise it seems to be interesting that it does not take Soul Shields into account when looking for requirements. 

I have been to the Tomb of Exiles with people of the appropiate level that had like 4-5k health while truth be told 7-8k is pretty much needed to not get one shot.

I love the Cross Dungeon Server Finder but it should have a bit more discern on what people actually need to survive in a dungeon. 

It would be real simple in my opinion to level restrict dungeons before we start having elitism kick in. Otherwise, say goodbye to pugs and people will only start running with premades (include gear checks, performance ratings and general douchebaggetry) Honestly I am not expecting it to happen, the level restrictions that is. I have seen the future on CN and TW and am just getting while the getting is good.

On 19/01/2016 at 8:58 AM, Nylira said:

.The worst example so far for me seems to be the Forgotten Tomb in Scorching Sands. The quest to do this dungeon you get around level 37-38.

This is wrong. My FM is only 31 and i gained this quest

7 hours ago, Moreeko said:

This is wrong. My FM is only 31 and i gained this quest

Which is really weird because I only got it after I turned in 'One Last Job" which I got at the end of the zone. The daily certainly was not available for me when I was level 31. 

Still this quest should not appear at that level. There is NO WAY that Forgotten Tomb in the Scorching Sands is meant for level 31. If it is then they might want to hit that with a nerf bat. 

I would be fine with it either way really. Either hat that thing with a nerf bat or make it so you cannot cue for it unless you are level 37 or higher with decent gear. 

• 3 years later...