Player Housing Please

Quodaax

16 hours ago, Dairy said:

Well lore-wise, until u defeat Jinsoyin it doesn't make sense to have a house. (After season 1 u manage to defeat jinsoyin and kinda became a bigshot) So perhaps after when it enters Season 2 there will be player housing, Maybe everyone goes backs to the prologue area and start their own dojo/school like Master Hong ^_^.

Thisss. The entire storyline is based around you wandering around because you essentially lost your home.

Of course that doesn't mean you can't find a new one logically speaking but taking into account the experience you're supposed to have, it's probably not going to happen. Regardless if you care about the story or not. I don't think people who say there will never be player housing are wrong, coming from someone whose followed this game for ages and played on other versions h-heh (i never thought it would release west after a few years woops)

For me personally, the storyline thing and the fact that the game is so loyal to hyung-tae's art style (in both setting and character concepts) is why I'd never want player housing. It messes with that. Every place is designed as a part of the story you're playing.

The second reason is what everybody other than this post is saying, the game isn't very suited for it. I love the concept of player housing and used to be the type to throw the idea at every MMO (along with open pvp) but it's very hard to execute properly and even harder when you're dealing with a mega-linear action game. This game is very fast paced for an MMO man. You cross areas very quickly in every term of the word. 

Technically speaking, Team Bloodlust already had a ton of issues trying to make this game playable on average PCs and I honestly wonder what a housing area with customizable features would do to that aha

8 minutes ago, Sheppy said:

It took several years for another mmo, Mabinogi, to implement a housing system. It's sort of it's own little city, and there are around four or five located on the map where players can buy a house in a village-type setting, and pay taxes to a castle, run by various guilds. Not that the details really matter, and the differences between B&S and Mabinogi are vast, but it could be entirely possible. Originally, Mabinogi wasn't intended to have the housing system, but in the end it got two different ones far down the road. My preference for a housing system to be implemented here isn't strong either way; it would be interesting to see, and I'm sure it could be done if there was higher demand for it in KR.

Doesn't matter how much we want it or not. Due to various reasons etc, any content implemented must first be implemented in the KR version. This is just the way it works in this industry.

As for Mabinogi, it is a completely different game with completely different game mechanics and world layout. Can't compare the two at all.

• 1 year later...

So, yup totally doable.  Lol.  Not sure where the arguments that the game is not suited for it come from but to be clear, it can be done and it would be instanced.  Those that have dreams of a land rush or a farm stead shared with neighbors etc.  Forget it.  If there is ever housing it will be instanced by a door or a phase.  Nothing wrong with that either.  No land rush, no lag, no problem.o say

As for the rest?  Not sure how some one can say it will take away from the esthetic or the story.  The housing stylistically would use in game assets.  The art would be perfectly in line and consistent.  And the story?  How does having housing impact the story again?  You still have quests to do, people to save.  You still have the HM school.  It would be kind of nice if that was your home wouldn't it?

BnS was released in 2012 and NCsoft loves keeping games alive and profitable, just look at Lineage.  So, it isn't much of a stretch to envision housing in this game in the near future as a way to continue to monetize and maintain profitability in the long run.

In Guild Wars 1 they had guild hangouts. They would have been useless if they weren't also guild versus guild maps and had NPCs for doing stuff. Blade and Soul is a gameplay game, so it wouldn't be there for housing if there was a use.

• 3 years later...
On 2/19/2017 at 3:15 AM, Mythbinder said:

LOL please no Player Housing is always an end of life thing for MMO's. Every single time I've seen it, the end is Nye.  Honestly theres really no point in housing.

if you want to build and decorate go play Minecraft.

There are lots of game with Player Housing and iv played a few and the player loved it and the game was going strong

https://mmos.com/editorials/player-housing-in-mmorpgs

Player housing would also be easy to add. Their is already small houses in the game that could be used and their is a ton of furnishing that players could use. Just don't make players pay rent on the houses please.

Edited by Drakor

On 2/19/2017 at 12:15 AM, Mythbinder said:

LOL please no Player Housing is always an end of life thing for MMO's. Every single time I've seen it, the end is Nye.  Honestly theres really no point in housing.

if you want to build and decorate go play Minecraft.

Tell that to Final Fantasy.

Matter of fact, google "HousingSnap" or "HGXIV".

Then tell me again that it signals the end of the game.

If anything signals the end of a game, I think long periods of silenced followed by RNG boxes back to back might be a bit alarming, don't you?

Or is that the only thing players know now. Did it become the new normal here? Because that's how it's looking every time I check back in lol