Server Transfer, Serious discussion NCSOFT

Dissey

I have been reading through the forums and been looking at the post NCSOFT made about the transfer from Mush/Windrest. I think it's pretty nice to see them doing this for the community and i really appreciate it ~ much love to them! but let's get serious here.

I think that a server transfer is very important for a game like this, most other mmos have it and this game will really benefit from having it. My friends are spread all over EU and we would love

to play together and we have been lvling too much to be able to just ''remake'' the character, sadly it is not that easy for people that have work and can only play on weekends.

Think about it ~ A server transfer would benefit us all! Happy players/customers and a rich NCSOFT..Personally i would not mind paying between 10-30 euros for a transfer and i think many others would agree that a real server transfer option in the Store would be godlike =)

I just want to know if a real server transfer option in the shop is something that will come out in the future and/or if it's something that NCSOFT actually consider making.

I'm against this option being permanently in shop.

I agree that enabling it temporary due to current Mushin/Windrest problems is needed, but on long term it's a no go.

My experience with NCSoft and their affiliates regarding this service is simply bad.

In the past despite their reassurances and promises they did not put any control in transfer services and allowed this way to make certain servers heavily imbalanced or low populated.

As this service is helpful and useful for standalone players - it's still abused heavily by Guilds/Clans/Legions in every MMO which cause such problems I have mentioned before.

P.S - I don't mind EU <-> NA transfers for obvious reason.

8 minutes ago, Hecades said:

I'm against this option being permanently in shop.

I agree that enabling it temporary due to current Mushin/Windrest problems is needed, but on long term it's a no go.

My experience with NCSoft and their affiliates regarding this service is simply bad.

In the past despite their reassurances and promises they did not put any control in transfer services and allowed this way to make certain servers heavily imbalanced or low populated.

As this service is helpful and useful for standalone players - it's still abused heavily by Guilds/Clans/Legions in every MMO which cause such problems I have mentioned before.

P.S - I don't mind EU <-> NA transfers for obvious reason.

I'm trying hard to find a single reason for why this is a bad idea...i can't think of anything

Since Blade and Soul is cross server with most stuff it can't badly affect the game ~ People want transfer because they want to be on the same server/guild as their friends.

Even if there was something bad about it i would still want it, i wanna be free to move to whatever server i want and not some Prison game....

24 minutes ago, Dissey said:

I'm trying hard to find a single reason for why this is a bad idea...i can't think of anything

Since Blade and Soul is cross server with most stuff it can't badly affect the game ~ People want transfer because they want to be on the same server/guild as their friends.

Even if there was something bad about it i would still want it, i wanna be free to move to whatever server i want and not some Prison game....

There is also world content.

Despite having Cross-server system, World content is important.

Repeating the same mistake over and over again as allowing transfers without control will lead even BnS to state such as other games NCSoft had under their wings, or many other publishers.

Speaking from experience basically.

I'd like community and NCWest to take precautions in this matter.

3 hours ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback on server transfers, we will be passing this on to the relevant teams.

For now it's not possible, so we're offering the best solution we have available.

Mind explaining why such a simple change is unavailable?  Especially since your "best solution" available at the moment is essentially a negation of the majority of early access.  Players paid for founders packs and were promised early access.  Resetting back to level 1 w/ their founders packs is the same as not having played the last 3 days, and for players who can only play on weekends, you have essentially eliminated their entire early access.  This customer service response is a bad joke.

"Woops we didn't limit character reservation so now you can reset on a different server 3 1/2 days later"...

IMHO, have being offered some sort of transfer is much more than you had rights for. Some players had choose a server that it was Crystal clear it were to be overloaded and then it is correct they now have to face the consequences (login queue).

That players are blaming the customer service for their own faults. They had choose a server and now "demanding" a full transfer because they don't like it and don't want lose THREE DAYS of their precious time? ROTFLMAO.

If their time were so precious, they had to be more smart on planning which server to join first. And they don't have to play dumb telling that a severe login queue weren't expected.

All that is needed is for us to get our char names and what we paid real money (All Founder items and NCoin refund of the NCoin from Founder Pack) for on the new server of our choice. Work on building up another char on the new server you want if level is important before you get your stuff. Asking for char level and regular ingame items is asking too much when the community is at minimum 50% responsible for the issue that happened.

3 hours ago, Atheyana said:

Asking for char level and regular ingame items is asking too much

Every other major MMO offers this, it's usually at a small fee, but offered nonetheless.

Some players had choose a server that it was Crystal clear it were to be overloaded and then it is correct they now have to face the consequences (login queue).

"Some players" ... so f*** all of the other players who could not have possibly known this would happen?

I can't speak for everyone but I reserved my character within the first 30 minutes it was offered, these claims that players were supposed to plan ahead makes absolutely no sense unless you waited to make your character at the last minute.  Not to mention the entire argument neglects anyone who was reserving characters with a group of other people who they wanted to play with.  I have every right to blame NCSOFT for not limiting character reservation when their servers clearly could not handle the population numbers that they let register.  I have every right to blame NCSOFT for their only "solution" being to completely negate the entire point of early access.  This has been a p**s-poor response to what should have either been avoided in the first place (limiting character reservations per server), or given a legitimate solution (full character transfers to other servers).  It makes absolutely no sense to not offer this as it would not only appease thousands of players who have paid for early access and been screwed out of varying amounts of playtime but clear up significant server congestion.  

Not a single response against the server transfers has bothered to offer a legitimate claim as to why it shouldn't be offered immediately.  Claiming it would ruin "server balance" is a joke because that's exactly the problem we're experiencing now and is as simple as limiting the amount of people that can transfer to servers to prevent overpopulation (although the likelihood of this being required is extremely small).  As for "world content", the game released 3 days ago and every server was opened at the same time, nor are there pvp/pve server differentiations; every server is on a level playing ground. 

If you're going to come into a thread like this and *cricket* at other players who are losing their early access, at least try to form a meaningful argument.

Since the start of this early access ( if we can call it early) and by waiting in the long que I asked myself "Did the Ncsoft hired a top tier team to handle this game or did they just got what ever cheap *cricket* that need it a job for this big game?" Seriously.. from all this years of experience of developing games and launching them why this has to re-happen ..again... why.. First, I'm an experience person handling games and launch event and I already had this que problem before then.. why didnt we came with a backup plan in case the que thing happen again? wait.. is F2P no one will come to play it.. well its FREE and that word alone is so powerful that you must anticipate a huge ppl dropping by to check your product.. so.. in the forums ppl were already saying Mushin server.. yet if there were moderator reporting all that they see in the forums to their dev and manage team they would come with a plan to anticipate that? Really we need to know if the ppl working in USA has any power over what to do or their are just therelike cops just to watch and wait instructions.. If I were there I would... 1. Forum saying Mushin server ..Solution: Lets track that server and put a limit so ppl will have to pick another server even if their guild is there. / 2. queing for more than 2 hours+ ... Solution: have a server transfer plan if need it to be implemented if the servers or particular server is having long que's. / 3. If my boss doesnt want to implement server transfer then make the items from the packs account bound this way if ppl decide to start in a less populates server they will do so without thinking "oh Jesus I redeem my one time items on X toon and now this que ?. Come on Ncsoft you are not new to this type of MMO business you have a lot of years experience yet you still repeat the same mistake over and over... I bet someone in the lower rank of the company were suggestion X idea because he or she saw it coming yet I bet the managers just ignore him and now he is saying " I told you this was gonna happen" Please consider and implement this Server Transfer before or when launch day happen .. I wil tell you on Tuesday this will be even worst. Ty 

2 hours ago, Evilperson said:

Mind explaining why such a simple change is unavailable?  

A sign that you have, literally, zero knowledge on implementing a transfer option.

1 hour ago, Evilperson said:

Every other major MMO offers this, it's usually at a small fee, but offered nonetheless.

"Some players" ... so f*** all of the other players who could not have possibly known this would happen?

I can't speak for everyone but I reserved my character within the first 30 minutes it was offered, these claims that players were supposed to plan ahead makes absolutely no sense unless you waited to make your character at the last minute.  Not to mention the entire argument neglects anyone who was reserving characters with a group of other people who they wanted to play with.  I have every right to blame NCSOFT for not limiting character reservation when their servers clearly could not handle the population numbers that they let register.  I have every right to blame NCSOFT for their only "solution" being to completely negate the entire point of early access.  This has been a p**s-poor response to what should have either been avoided in the first place (limiting character reservations per server), or given a legitimate solution (full character transfers to other servers).  It makes absolutely no sense to not offer this as it would not only appease thousands of players who have paid for early access and been screwed out of varying amounts of playtime but clear up significant server congestion.  

Not a single response against the server transfers has bothered to offer a legitimate claim as to why it shouldn't be offered immediately.  Claiming it would ruin "server balance" is a joke because that's exactly the problem we're experiencing now and is as simple as limiting the amount of people that can transfer to servers to prevent overpopulation (although the likelihood of this being required is extremely small).  As for "world content", the game released 3 days ago and every server was opened at the same time, nor are there pvp/pve server differentiations; every server is on a level playing ground. 

If you're going to come into a thread like this and *cricket* at other players who are losing their early access, at least try to form a meaningful argument.

2 things
1.) Name another MMO that offered server transfers during headstart, day one, or even week one... good luck.
2.) In a game where leveling 1-45 can be achieved in roughly 15 hours of play. Complaining about having to start from 1, is laughable at best. Example: 5 others and myself started on Mushin, moved to Old Man Cho after the item transfers were offered. Most of us are level 30, 2 people already have 45s, and started new characters who are around level 10... in short time. This is not isolated to just us though, there's a lot of people who have done this as well, all it takes is looking at chat to see it.

If you are going to gripe at everyone about having or not having a meaningful arguement, you may want to recognize that your understanding of whether or not it is meaningful, is subjective.

WE, the community, caused this congestion, and it was bound to happen, if you took the time to read anything on reddit, watch streams, or looked at BnSDojo... it was clear that most of the population was going to Mushin with 0 idea of pop caps or limtiations. We all made that choice, and now that you've had to wait in multi-hour Queues for 1 out of several servers, you deserve something? please.

11 minutes ago, Babebibobu said:

I already submitted for a transferring from mushin ticket 2 days ago. However, I'm now needing to use the hongmoon keys but my pack refund still isn't come yet. 

That's suck. 

caught up on surveys and spins? get a lot of keys from those

The imbalance here would mainly be economical. Suppose BNS decided to open a new server and people with like 5000G+ decide to move into that server and start a large clan. It will heavily disrupt the economics of a new server and make it very imbalanced for one of the faction for faction PVP. Also once Hell Island will be released, there are possible chance of one guild alliance being able to dominate it completely which creates unfair competition for the ppl originally belonging to that server. However, Limited time server transfer would be good at the "current" stage where there already is massive server imbalance and all servers atm have launched at same time.

• 3 weeks later...

So things have calmed down a bit, the queues on Mushin aren't crazy anymore even during times where there should be high traffic. I'm non-premium and I can get into the game 10-20mins, and most of the time there's no queue at all. My question is, will fully transferring characters across servers eventually be available sometime in the future (of course with limits, like time perhaps). A lot of my friends play BnS but we're all spread out on different servers. Starting to get lonely here on a server that started out with a low pop in comparison to how it is on Mushin. For example nobody does Blackwyrm, while on Mushin I see people actively forming parties in faction chat.

I realize it doesn't take a lot of time to get to level 45. My problem is what comes after 45: upgraded weapons, crafting recipes, gold, outfits, etc. Those take more time and are harder to get than actually reaching 45. I really don't want to grind all that again on the "same" character, so starting over is a no go.

EDIT about server merges: That would fix most of the problems I have with my current server, but won't guarantee I'd be able to play with my friends.

Archived