Forums

NCWest, please play the game you release without GM perks

Qel

I do think there should be 1 transformation stone rewarded somewhere in the middle of the Moonwater questline. See, weapons were made with the intent of being upgraded each zone. First zone, you get your hongmoon, you upgrade it to tier 5 about halfway through, and then to blight at the end of the zone.

At that point, it is blight stages 1-5 in Tormun Range, blight stages 6-10 in Scorching Sands, true blight 1-5 in spirestone canyon, and true blight 6-10 in razerwind ravine. The drops are supposed to be perfect for getting it through those stages.

Then you upgrade to infernal. It's supposed to be infernal 1-5 Lycandi Foothills, 6-10 in the piglands, true infernal 1-5 in the marsh area I forget the name of, and 6-10 in the Necropolis.

After that, you're looking at endgame with profane.

I have nothing against there being a wall at endgame content. But I kinda believe true infernal is a levelling gear and not end game gear, and I don't really like there being walls against levelling gears.

On 1/19/2016 at 10:14 PM, Meliran said:

I do think there should be 1 transformation stone rewarded somewhere in the middle of the Moonwater questline. See, weapons were made with the intent of being upgraded each zone. First zone, you get your hongmoon, you upgrade it to tier 5 about halfway through, and then to blight at the end of the zone.

At that point, it is blight stages 1-5 in Tormun Range, blight stages 6-10 in Scorching Sands, true blight 1-5 in spirestone canyon, and true blight 6-10 in razerwind ravine. The drops are supposed to be perfect for getting it through those stages.

Then you upgrade to infernal. It's supposed to be infernal 1-5 Lycandi Foothills, 6-10 in the piglands, true infernal 1-5 in the marsh area I forget the name of, and 6-10 in the Necropolis.

After that, you're looking at endgame with profane.

I have nothing against there being a wall at endgame content. But I kinda believe true infernal is a levelling gear and not end game gear, and I don't really like there being walls against levelling gears.

I haven't run tomb of exiles yet and I am still destroying stuff in the piglands with true blight.  I also don't have the exile soul shield set so my HP is 8.5k  instead of 13k+ and I am having zero issues killing stuff and staying alive.

I am not sure if I will even bother upgrading again until I hit 45 and then I can go easily grind exile.  Is level 45 content so impossible that you can't do it with true infernal?  I have never played a game before where I was just handed weapon upgrades across the board.  This game is generous to give us upgrades as far as it did in my opinion.

Not to mention... Moonwater stones are all over the market board as of yesterday on Hajoon server.  

While I actually agree with both sides of this, i.e don't just give it to the players I also hate that when I hit 45 I hit a massive progression wall. While yes putting these insane time limits and requirements on the starting stage of the 45 weapon will increase the time it takes for people to complete things its also 100% artificial and if you look past it, it shows they really dropped the ball on content. This is just a reason to say "Well you havnt finished all the content at launch" Well thats because it is barred by time walls and crafting constraints. And in all actuality all the content is already beat, the current most difficult content has already been cleared and people in arena are already breaking into the 2k ratings for pre season so they ONLY thing is the weapon evolution and thats just basic daily grinding its not really content. Ill say again while i agree things should not just be handed to the player this kind of system is just as bad on the opposite side of things and could lead to the same exact outcome of a group of people bailing on the game simply because it began to stagnate for them. A middle ground would have been nice, give the 1 stone to get the weapon to of content then let the grind begin.

On 1/18/2016 at 3:12 PM, Xmitty said:

How is this ludicrous? That is easily craftable at level 45 after a day or two. Am I the only one happy that not everyone can max gear in less than 24 hours?

That's the asia server one, we also need 100 Soul Shards to craft that recipe, which will take about a week to collect.

and even without 1 moonwater stone the current content is pretty easy so i dont agree with the whole "only 1 stone is needed"

and y the game is out for 6 day atm and ppl want allready things for free lmao :D

The game is perfectly doable with the current set of weapons. It's not even that hard. If you want a weapon upgrade you can just use a Profane/Brightstone/Sirin Weapon in the meantime and that'll also do just as well. 

Removing the 1 transformation stone I think was a good idea. Giving out such a valuable resource en masse to everyone who gets even close to max level is introducing hundreds upon thousands of it for free which severely diminishes any sort of crafting economy that there would have been. There would hardly be anything that you would consider valuable (besides gems I suppose) and people could just put items up fairly cheaply since the price would be driven down so much, people wouldn't need to spend a lot of gold while also building up 3-5 gold per day just from ~10 dailies so the economy would just a bit more and more inflated over time. 

It's fine. Just have patience. Eventually things will be more affordable for more casual players and the people who actually put the time and effort into the grind will be rewarded. 

17 hours ago, SuperSwineEU said:

I'm OK with the game being hard.

If it was easy it would be awfully boring ..

Waiting for a timer and getting mat is not hard, there is absolutely no challenge doing that. it's a boring waste of time.

And ok with lv 36 gear and people in your party knows what they are doing, you can still do 45 dungeons. But for new players and air comboing morrons they are pretty much in for a bumpy ride atm ^^

On 1/20/2016 at 3:27 PM, Aquel said:

I haven't run tomb of exiles yet and I am still destroying stuff in the piglands with true blight.  I also don't have the exile soul shield set so my HP is 8.5k  instead of 13k+ and I am having zero issues killing stuff and staying alive.

I am not sure if I will even bother upgrading again until I hit 45 and then I can go easily grind exile.  Is level 45 content so impossible that you can't do it with true infernal?  I have never played a game before where I was just handed weapon upgrades across the board.  This game is generous to give us upgrades as far as it did in my opinion.

Not to mention... Moonwater stones are all over the market board as of yesterday on Hajoon server.  

To put this into perspective, it makes you lag behind a full region of upgrades. It's like if you'd be doing ToE with the gear you get a viridian coast lv20 and nothing since then. Is it impossible to do ? No, is it a waste of time, yes. And really we are not talking end game here either that's not what one stone will do (and that really not much compared to other regions). You will need around 40 total anyways...

On 20.1.2016 at 4:27 PM, Aquel said:

Yes for 13Gold each on my Server.lol

I want farm a Boss for my equipment and not help Goldsellers/Botuser.

Archived