PVP when before max level

Isyriel

I was wondering if pvp is better to do after reaching max level.  i've tried it (am level 25 BM) and it is beyond fun.  i'm worried about racking up losses when im low level, yet also worried by the time i reach max level i won't be able to contend well enough vs those who have been pvping since headstart.  

what are your guys' thoughts?

I think you should pvp before you are max level.. Unless you really care about your win/loss ratio. Its always better to get more experience and learn your skills and such early. Try dueling with a couple of friends or guildies first before you head into an actual match. :) 

have fun!

Yea what Sarah said. I'm pretty much playing Arena now just for the experience and learning. If this game goes competitive, I wanna be near the top and that means learning the ins and outs of every class. Best way to do this (for me) is experience so the sooner I get my ass smashed, the faster I start learning what I should and shouldn't be doing.

I usually recommend true beginners in B&S to wait for lvl 30ish before trying arena, because you need a good number of skill points and a selection of skills to choose from to learn properly. Low level arena is usually very gratifying for some classes like Summoners and just frustrating for others like Kung Fu Masters.

Also I recommend to not see the arena as a sort of race, it will only be frustrating:
Many thousand avid PvPers have been doing alpha and 5 closed betas full of PvP already, and theres likely a few hundred PvP players that have already done _years_ of arena on Asian servers. You will never beat these guys by
"starting early" in open access. Rather, take it easy, learn the combos properly, have fun, accept the high learning curve. ^_^

Currently it's pre-season, so there's not even Zen beans to have for arena. Good idea to level to 45 in that time, then you have all skills to train with when the season starts. Just my two cents/pennies. -_^

Archived