assassin VS destroyer help

Nachtdrache

As a sin how do I even approach this, they're immune to CC 99% of the time and then all of their abilities have CC attached to them. I dont struggle with most classes if I play well but I have no clue how to even put a dent in these guys. Are they just super broken at this patch level or just retarded in general. I haven't been able to figure out how to get in and do any damage to them while not being stunned 2-3 times and knocked down a few more times all in the same CC chain.

Any help or suggestions would be awesome because at this point climbing past gold is getting hard with all of the spin to win retards.

3 hours ago, Kutsuu said:

Looks like lots of good threads here, surely some sin vs destro matchup advice. http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/forum/44-assassin/

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/forum/7-destroyer/

In fact this seems to be a guide on this specific matchup:

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/136671-assassin-vs-destroyer-guide/

Exactly what I needed. You're a beautiful human being or well articulated animal, no judgement.

No problem! My only other advice is to make friends with someone playing Destroyer and spar with them in arena. Especially if you are on voice chat, you can talk to each other about strategy and tactics while sparring. It won't take long for you to get a much better understanding of Destroyer and how to counter them better. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, RudeBwoii said:

what combo? they only spin then win... no combo to be seen

Really good destroyers do more than spin. I've been sparring with my friend and I finally ended a match in a points decision against them last night.

They are a brutal enemy to take on for sure.

I learned to goad them into spinning early and wait till it's almost finished then X to behind, Stun (If they have a break I'll SS or Q or V to get some ground between us)

The biggest problem for me is the shield, has an auto regen and regens more if attacked. Have to guard break or pierce defense to get rid of it.

Im figuring it out bit by bit.

Absolutely hate destroyer matchups with every class to be honest. I main an FM atm, which I specced ice based. I can't win from the "proper" destro's. Just spin to resist, get close to you in a jump combo you can't interrupt and then they just grab lock you. Same with trying out assassin in the arena. Sure, it's not 45 yet, but that doesn't mean they can match up 18 lvl45 destro's in a row...

After plat and up, the roles switch and destroyers have the harder time against assassins.
It's not because something "magically" changes, but because at that rating people start knowing how to play.

Watch some streams on twitch, read guides. There's not much to say. If you die to spin which can be "countered" just by moving away, then it's a problem on your end. Unlike other classes that can spam their defensive skills, destroyers' spin costs chi.

Though I'm not an expert, and still busy learning to play Assassin myself, I've been able to win rather one-sidedly against the Destroyers I've faced so far.

Personally I have Lotus Fury and use it as often as possible while they're spinning, they take damage, I take no damage, my damage heals me, each tick of their spin heals me.

I also usually have Poison Breath specced 3 points down the left, while not essential it's nice to stack 5 poison on them, gaining health, or at least mostly negating the spin damage.

Have your lotus up as often as possible to be able to break out of stun (I'm horrible at remembering to do this...)

When you're at range they will try and leap or grab you, be ready to counter.

A good Destroyer won't leave many openings, so you'll often have to create them, for instance, get a counter off, hit them with a Throwing Dagger and back off, when they see you decloak at range they will likely stop spinning to move in for a stun or grab, as soon as they stop, sneak attack and air combo, be ready to back off again as soon as your combo's finished.

Play very hit-and-run, if you're not laying a combo into them, back off and focus on taking as little damage as possible while looking to set up your next combo.

On 1/18/2016 at 1:28 AM, Nachtdrache said:

I'd really like to know if anyone with experience with assassin VS destro maybe from other servers has any input or if someone has even found a video with the current skill patch where I could get some tips on general gameplay against them.

One of the harder match up? lol dude do you even play Sin? Hardest matchup would be summoner.

Destroyer is the easiest matchup for me no doubt. their spin and all attacks can easily be used for stealth. you x at the right time to daze them. they always burn their tab when you tab them first. and then follow with a x daze spider web + lighting rod combo to finish them off.

Im on Plat Sin

7 minutes ago, TakunDes said:

One of the harder match up? lol dude do you even play Sin? Hardest matchup would be summoner.

Destroyer is the easiest matchup for me no doubt. their spin and all attacks can easily be used for stealth. you x at the right time to daze them. they always burn their tab when you tab them first. and then follow with a x daze spider web + lighting rod combo to finish them off.

Im on Plat Sin

^ dis guy got a point.

Sins are easy as heck low tier, when they still cant all in with permastuns after making u waste trinket.

Destroyer is still a hard punishing class, if u do a mistake against one -talkin as destroyer eh- u get punished badly. Still, sins got smoke screen, flower, trinket and antigripple. Smth else to counter destroyer?

18 minutes ago, Jafon said:

^ dis guy got a point.

Sins are easy as heck low tier, when they still cant all in with permastuns after making u waste trinket.

Destroyer is still a hard punishing class, if u do a mistake against one -talkin as destroyer eh- u get punished badly. Still, sins got smoke screen, flower, trinket and antigripple. Smth else to counter destroyer?

You might have noticed this was posted 3-4 days after I had even started playing the game.

Archived