FPS drops !

Einyel

Hi guys, ive recently started this awesome game but can't enjoy it at all because im having FPS issues :( I'm playing at 4 level graphycs options, my pc info is this :

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.151019-1254)
           Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
       System Model: h9-1101es
               BIOS: Ver: FOR_715.rom vFOR7.15
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
             Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16342MB RAM
          Page File: 6224MB used, 26456MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTX 960
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1401&SUBSYS_368F1458&REV_A1
     Display Memory: 4017 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 1969 MB
      Shared Memory: 2048 MB
       Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
       Monitor Name: HP w2216 Wide LCD Monitor
      Monitor Model: HP w2216
         Monitor Id: HWP280B
        Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.954Hz)
        Output Type: HD15

My monitor is like... 7 years old and i haven't formatted my pc never in 2 years >_> Please , i need your help T_T i can play normally at 60 fps but when i run, stay in cities or even when i fight, my fps drops to 5x or 4x and micro freezes and its annoying. I don't know if its my graphic card, my processor or my monitor... I just want to play this game with stable FPS. Thanks for the answers

Ok, i've tried the first dungeon with party at lvl 20 and it was HORRIBLE. with 4 level graphics, my fps went down to 2x or 3x....had to change to level 2 and drops to 4x...how can it be? what happens with my pc? is it that bad? There's a video on youtube that someone is playing BnS with my graphic card and the same processor i7 and it runs so *cricket*ing well. Now im so sad that i'll have to leave this awesome game becaose of the fps -.-

Background processes (Task manager)- make sure none of them are eating at your cpu

Use google chrome? - close it, see if that changes anything, chrome is known for mass memory leaks.

Drivers - make sure you're up to date, if possible do the install manually downloading it from nvidia's website ( don't do it through GeForce experience) 

Also if this isn't the only GPU you've had in this computer make sure all old drivers are uninstalled properly (google can help you with this, not sure if i can post links of that nature here)

In-game settings- Turn off things like AA, turn down shadows. Alternatively you can turn settings down as low as possible, if that fixes the issue, you can slowly work your way back up messing with settings until you find what causes the hardest drop (and just don't use that)

In all honestly, BnS is old enough to where you(based on specs) personally shouldn't be experiencing such fps drops, If BnS is going to be anything like aion engine wise, you're going to experiencing lag no matter what you do or the specs of your computer, the reason i suggested anything was because a 60fps drop down to a 20 with your specs is a little too much to simply say its bad optimization. Also because my own fps issues have been minimal, Stays around 80 unless I'm in a crowded area ( i5 4690k @4.5 GHZ, GTX 750 TI) i personally think its a little more than just BnS, though i could be wrong. Do you have these issues in other games?

-Bizzy

I love it when people ignorantly claim that the problem must be on their end when it's clearly the game's fault.  Its optimization is horrible and it's no one's fault but the developers.  My FPS ranges from 20-45 on my gaming laptop that has a i7-4720HQ @ 3.6GHz and an OC'd 970M (on par with stock desktop 970).  It doesn't matter what settings I change in the Nvidia control panel or the game itself, the FPS never changes.  The game is only utilizing 30% of my GPU.  I wanna laugh because I get better FPS playing the Witcher 3 on Ultra then I do playing this outdated game.  I guess BnS's graphics are far superior to the Witcher 3's!  

Then, on my desktop with a i5-6600K @ 4.5GHz and an OC'd 980 Ti @ 1522MHz, it barely stays in the 60-70 range and drops to the 30s.  Meanwhile, this extremely powerful computer can flawlessly play AS: Syndicate and Witcher 3 @ 2K and @ Ultra settings, but I guess BnS beats them all in the graphics department. /s

How can a game have such shitty optimization, I'll never know,  I thought the Source engine was bad, but this is next level.

well yeah... in HOTS my fps also drops and when i pass the camera all over the maps, its not fluid, also TERA is horrible in fps. The only game i have that can  play at full graphics with 0 drops on fps is FFXIV. So yeah, i don't know what to do...i was so hype to play this game for years, bought my new nvidia gtx 960 thinking that i wouldn't have to worry about changing graphics and now this...

EDIT: I saw a post saying that if someone pass from nvidia to AMD or viceversa and the graphic card is not functioning as it should, you have to format (when i installed my nvidia, before i had an AMD and i didnt quit very well its drivers before installing the new one, plus didnt formatted at all,maybe thats the problem?)

Archived