Forums

Error: Cannot Use File

skizzlerz

I'm trying to update but every time I do I get an error saying 
<< Error Message >>
[Update error] Cannot use file.
Please check whether the file is being used by another program or an anti-virus program is denying access, then restart the launcher.
If this problem persists, please contact Customer Support at http://us.ncsoft.com/en/support/.
E02017
DP_PEFP_CF_O5_8_9
bin\Client.exe

I tried repairing my files but that didn't help. How do I fix this so I can finish the update? It gets to 88% and does this.

1 minute ago, loveisanal said:

Ran in to this problem, easy fix. Check your task manager and make sure Blade and Souls isn't running in the background. Once I ended the process I was able to finish the update.

Same here, i had like 7 running the background haha.

On 1/17/2016 at 2:18 AM, loveisanal said:

Ran in to this problem, easy fix. Check your task manager and make sure Blade and Souls isn't running in the background. Once I ended the process I was able to finish the update.

i dont have it running and it still gives me the error. someone help please.

Hi all, if you run into this again, please make sure your anti-virus software is turned off. Additionally, if that doesn't help, please try to reboot. Let us know if you're still having difficulties after those two things.

No anti-virus, reboot, different PC... the problem remains no matter what I'm doing.

Edit: Here's what I personally had to do to potentially fix it.

I downloaded the Launcher, ran it, and then closed it. I went into the folder, and used the .torrent file with a different torrent program to download the patch elsewhere. I dragged the patch back into the downloader folder, and used the repair tool. After getting several "Cannot extract" errors, I deleted the entire CookedPC folder, repaired -again- to get it to download those files, and then it finally extracted and installed the game. Good lord.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived