Game worked before, now does nothing after "Play Now"

Tootpigu

Holy crap.  
The game launches on Tuesday.  People are complaining about only having a couple hours of head start because of a few lost hours right now?  Sorry but if your next few days (FULL DAYS) worth of time are so jammed up that right now is the only chance you have to play then that's not a developer problem, that's your problem.  I've been playing just fine until maybe an hour ago.  Their twitter says they should have a fix in a couple hours.  Likely won't be back up before I go to bed but I'm comfortable knowing it'll be more than likely working when I wake up.
Not to mention demanding compensation for a few hours.  If they do, great, if not...whooptie-*cricket*in'-do.  
I will never ever understand what it is about the generation after mine that collectively have one hand clutching everything in reach while the other hand demands to be filled with even more shit.
This is a modified MMO running on new servers and hardware with new and different people working on it.  Shit's gonna break some times and pretty must always at launch.  This is not the bombing of Hiroshima or the loss of our atmosphere.  Its a couple hours of enjoyment that you might just have to put off until a little later.  You aren't entitled to anything but what your money paid for and you will get it.  Show me where they said that the head start would run perfectly and there would never be any interruptions, by word of God himself.
It'll get fixed, it'll be back up, they're doing what they can, let them do it without having to sift through the bitching.  'Cause guaranteed they've staff reading all this.  
At least they can take away that people really enjoy the game so that's something, I suppose.  But christ, if this is how people are gonna react then maybe this is a blessing.  Give you some time to stand up and step back.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lovelywwodruid said:

Sure, they want it running smoothly because otherwise people aren't getting what they paid for, and when people don't get what they paid for they get angry. Simple fact of the matter is we were promised a 3 day headstart and they dropped the ball hard, not just on this but with several other issues in game. And I was perfectly content to ignore any other issues, I would have willingly dealt with crashing every 5 minutes, if it meant I could actually play the game that I paid to play. Nobody plans for these issues true, but I guarantee this issue was because someone got careless, as I have played headstart on other games without issues like this I KNOW it can be done. And yeah, I'm raging, I've been looking forward to plopping down and playing on this game all day, and I finally get my toddler to bed and sit down to this ****fest? Of course I am angry.

I think the real problem is you live a very unhappy life and require games in order to fill that bottomless pit of anger and depression. So when the game isn't there for you, you crash. Hard.

THe problem is that you pay for those 3 days. And Monday is like a losed day since most ppl have to work. They should give a compensation, becouse we are retarded enougth to pay to be the beta testers of the "finished" server before it opens for the general public.

3 minutes ago, Lovelywwodruid said:

And actually yeah, getting a character or two to max level would have been amazing and was what I was hoping for, you know what I would have done with those three days? I would have been playing the game -_-. A game that I've waited a long time for. 

Please. There will be tryhards who hit max level so fast, a 3 day head start wouldn't matter to them. What are you going to do at max level while f2p players grind? Get a few more rep points? Daily quests? Like the other guy said. The main important things were name res, guild res, founder pack perks, and some nc coin. This isn't cbt anymore. The game isn't going away on the 19th. And if you claim to of wasted your money cause you couldn't play for a mere 3 days, then why did you even buy a master pack?

Well, since it went live on Friday morning they've given you roughly 85 hours, give or take, to enjoy the head start.  Since this delay has not dropped that to under 72 you're still getting 3 full days of early access.  
Yes, people work Monday.  They work the rest of the week as well.  And hell, you have to sleep too.  Should they be subtracting all the time you spend sleeping during the next few days?  

No, it isn't just a developer problem and it isn't me reaching my hand out or whatever it is you said. I would not have spent a dime if not for the ability to play early. If it was only the items I would have chosen to buy items elsewhere. I paid hard earned money, knowing and being perfectly content with playing at night, not getting in as much time as those who are lucky enough to be able to play all day. I was EXCITED to pay in order to play early. And now I am not recieving the main thing I wanted and paid for? Yeah, I want recompense. I expect to get my money's worth. Now I know that I also paid for essentially three months of premium membership, but the thing is, why? Why am I paying premium membership for a game that does something like this, and has a bad track record already? These two items are the things I most wanted, the reason I chose the higher pack and this is the basis for my anger. Also I simply said that $15 of NCoin would not be recompense, not fair recompense, I didn't state that I expected $30 either however. And yes, it'll be fixed, it'll be back up, but I will not recieve the full amount of content that I paid for and that is not ok. All I am saying is that either they need to make sure that they refund people a portion of their hard earned money, or they need to make sure that everyone gets their money's worth. It wasn't a donation, it was a purchase.

1 minute ago, darkness2in said:

Please. There will be tryhards who hit max level so fast, a 3 day head start wouldn't matter to them. What are you going to do at max level while f2p players grind? Get a few more rep points? Daily quests? Like the other guy said. The main important things were name res, guild res, founder pack perks, and some nc coin. This isn't cbt anymore. The game isn't going away on the 19th. And if you claim to of wasted your money cause you couldn't play for a mere 3 days, then why did you even buy a master pack?

I dont know, Maybe to play 3 days before the F2P ppl join in mass (i hope for the sake of the game)? Im just saying that the most important thing of founder (at least for me) is the 3 days start, Before it was on weekend. and it dont say in big letter BE A FOUNDER TO HAVE A NICE TITLE, it says 3 DAYS HEAD START. 

The problem as i say is that we were retarded enougth to pay to be beta tester of the launched server. Since if it happened on 19th would be an epic fail. It happened now so they will repair it for that. Like Early Access games in Steam. Just that im not crying or making a ruckus about this lol  

2 minutes ago, Lovelywwodruid said:

No, it isn't just a developer problem and it isn't me reaching my hand out or whatever it is you said. I would not have spent a dime if not for the ability to play early. If it was only the items I would have chosen to buy items elsewhere. I paid hard earned money, knowing and being perfectly content with playing at night, not getting in as much time as those who are lucky enough to be able to play all day. I was EXCITED to pay in order to play early. And now I am not recieving the main thing I wanted and paid for? Yeah, I want recompense. I expect to get my money's worth. Now I know that I also paid for essentially three months of premium membership, but the thing is, why? Why am I paying premium membership for a game that does something like this, and has a bad track record already? These two items are the things I most wanted, the reason I chose the higher pack and this is the basis for my anger. Also I simply said that $15 of NCoin would not be recompense, not fair recompense, I didn't state that I expected $30 either however. And yes, it'll be fixed, it'll be back up, but I will not recieve the full amount of content that I paid for and that is not ok. All I am saying is that either they need to make sure that they refund people a portion of their hard earned money, or they need to make sure that everyone gets their money's worth. It wasn't a donation, it was a purchase.

That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. Why didn't you just buy the Initiate pack then? Since playing early was your only benefit to paying? THE 3 DAY HEADSTART IS NOTHING COMPARED TO YOUR MASTER PACK PERKS! LOL

hmm, did you play any of the like, 6 CBT's? lol

Plus, they aren't really running your premium until tuesday so like, at most you'd get is like 25 bucks for the initial headstart pricing.

it might not be how much  worth your time is, but that is how much it was worth to buy the time. lol

"Or whatever it is you said."
Nice.

Okay, sorry, your own personal motivation for buying a long list of things was just one thing.  The rest of that shit be damned! I lost a couple hours!  Give me roughly a quarter what I paid for all that other stuff I'm trying so hard to ignore!  They PROMISED!  I know they didn't say it anywhere but I know they meant it that way!  I've never used a program in my life and never knew technology wasn't perfect!

Just now, darkness2in said:

That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. Why didn't you just buy the Initiate pack then? Since playing early was your only benefit to paying? THE 3 DAY HEADSTART IS NOTHING COMPARED TO YOUR MASTER PACK PERKS! LOL

I had that one lol, who say other thing? Dude you should take a pill and go sleep. looks like not playing is driving you crazy

Whether or not I'd have been ABLE to isn't the issue, the issue is that I paid to TRY. And no, they shouldn't subtract for sleeping time, but everyone paid for the time that they had. I paid to play nights, and some other guy might have paid just to be able to play all day today, or tommorow, or whatever. Everyone knows how much time they have to game and when they chose to spend the money to play during the hours they have and are denied it then it is a major deal. It's like buying a burger and then having to wait 8-10 hours to get it because their grill broke down, but now you don't have time to wait for that burger(cuz who is gonna wait ten hours for a burger??!!!) and they refuse to give you your money back and they cannot make you another burger because it was a limited edition. Wouldn't that upset you? It isn't ok when people don't get what they paid for. That isn't how BUSINESS runs.

2 minutes ago, darkness2in said:

Am I the only person who has experienced no issues other than right now? And wasted my own 3 day head start playing phone apps when I could have been playing Bns? 

NCsoft better refund me for my choices.

lol dude, i've been playing clash and bomb beach during this down time in conjunction to FFXIV lololololol. 

And actually one of the major things I was hoping for was to get ahead of the f2p crowd because what happens when a bunch of people are suddenly in a brand new game all at the same time? It winds up taking you hours to complete a single quest because of over population, maybe some of us were hoping to avoid that. And no, I knew technology wasn't perfect, I'm no idiot. I'm not railing against the fact that they ****** up, I'm railing against the idea that throwing $15 of NCoins at us fixes the situation. I'm railing against the idea that I apparantly threw $10 away apparantly, $10 that I could have used elsewhere. $10 that I EARNED.

3 minutes ago, Lovelywwodruid said:

And actually one of the major things I was hoping for was to get ahead of the f2p crowd because what happens when a bunch of people are suddenly in a brand new game all at the same time? It winds up taking you hours to complete a single quest because of over population, maybe some of us were hoping to avoid that. And no, I knew technology wasn't perfect, I'm no idiot. I'm not railing against the fact that they ****** up, I'm railing against the idea that throwing $15 of NCoins at us fixes the situation. I'm railing against the idea that I apparantly threw $10 away apparantly, $10 that I could have used elsewhere. $10 that I EARNED.

By the way you rage about money, I assume $10 is hard for you to come by. How much allowance does mommy give you? Like $2 a week? Yeah? I guess you have a right to be mad.

1 minute ago, Lovelywwodruid said:

Hmm, i wouldn't say thats true, if they are new, they won't know about channel switching, and you'd have an entire channel empty to yourself. This is what I learned in CBT to bring over to early access. Lol then when its time to do dungeons everyone else will be queued for dungeons and not have to wait like in EA right now for a party. 

Archived