Patch just now (10pm EST 1/16/16) prevents logging into game

Archaegeo

Just now, CT said:

Only thing is I am not sure what might eventually happened if we use the Reddit solution to "roll-back" the pre-patch client when NCSoft eventually resolve the issue. Unless they copy what Reddit do? So subsequently may encounter other issues?

Thats why we use a bat file. We're bypassing the patcher until a fix is implemented, and when it is, use the patcher like normal and it'll replace these files.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, xSket said:

Please forgive me for my honest oppinion, but I simply cannot comprehend as to why this whole MMO Scene has not evolved into something much better over the years. On the other hand, one thing to blame would be customers such as yourself, people that spend money for something but only get half of what they've paid for.
I have been an avid gamer for 10+ years now and have faced pretty much all of the issues that a newly released game can have, it's turning into something pathetic when you see the exact same issues over and over again over so many years.
I really don't understand why people that are obviously being ripped off, turn their heads and defend the provider. 

Because I'm a seasoned MMO player and I understand stuff like this and worse happens all the time? That and I'm not being a self entitled baby about and crying that I spent money on something and its not working 100% of the time (because I know it wont work 100% of the time). If that precious $100 you spent on the game is so important to you then request a refund and stop acting like a Child.

I've paid $100 too, but im not going to spam post it and expect the company to bend over backwards for all my needs and desires. Again, if its such a crime against you don't play MMO's anymore, and don't be so self entitled. It's extremely ignorant to spend money on a game and have an expectation that it will work all the time every time. 

27 minutes ago, Charismatic said:

Can I hypnotize you into logging off and installing Windows 8.1 or 10? :P

Well i guess it does effect newer os'es,  but that would potentially not be a wise decision, considering newer Intel and AMD CPUs will not support any OS older than Windows 10... or basically, new features will not be supported on older OS'es. So if the next Intel/AMD CPU supports a new power management mode, instruction set, extension or other such modification, older versions of Windows will not be updated to support that feature.

32 minutes ago, Charismatic said:

Can I hypnotize you into logging off and installing Windows 8.1 or 10? :P

Atleast there are no assholes... yet. I am really dreading the 19th now... they have 2 days to fix all the other play preventing issues and then this pops up.

edit:... ooook, disregard this quote, i certainly didn't quite him. 

7 minutes ago, Thallen said:

Because I'm a seasoned MMO player and I understand stuff like this and worse happens all the time? That and I'm not being a self entitled baby about and crying that I spent money on something and its not working 100% of the time (because I know it wont work 100% of the time). If that precious $100 you spent on the game is so important to you then request a refund and stop acting like a Child.

I've paid $100 too, but im not going to spam post it and expect the company to bend over backwards for all my needs and desires. Again, if its such a crime against you don't play MMO's anymore, and don't be so self entitled. It's extremely ignorant to spend money on a game and have an expectation that it will work all the time every time. 

You really need to understand and ask for what you are entitled to,
In everyday life, if you buy something which after 2 days stops working, you bring it in to be fixed. They tell you that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, will you understand and just walk away? 
Let's be realistic, you need to get what you paid for.

Archived