Patch just now (10pm EST 1/16/16) prevents logging into game

Archaegeo

2 minutes ago, Thallen said:

Every game ever has had bugs, no game will ever be 'perfect'. MMO's suffer even more than a normal game you'd play, the reason why is because the game is always adding stuff and changing existing things which causes stuff to break. (I don't know if you've ever coded before, but if you fix one problem 80 more appear) Every update/patch for MMO's will break something somewhere in the game.

That's just how MMO's are, and always will be. If you're too entitled to accept that you might not want to play MMO's anymore. 

You supposed to test everything before going live. I think you should know that if you know anything about coding, just saying...

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wildstar had launcher issues during head start and it took them a while to get it back up and running for ppl. But i don't understand why someone would wait more than 2 hours in a queue let alone 12 hours.. change servers? Guess your really really wanted to play on that server. crazy stuff.

3 minutes ago, 6IX said:

You supposed to test everything before going live. I think you should know that if you know anything about coding, just saying...

For all we know, they tested it and it worked just fine. We don't know what kind of test procedures they have or what their deployment process is like. Or what their test environments are like for that matter.

Just now, KIbita said:

I think they are stating that patches should be tested internally first for a few days to test the water before they are fully rolled out. Not necessarily the problems that occur with MMOS everyone knows that. 

There is probably about 20, maybe 30 people testing patches before they roll out, they can only find so much before the deadline for the patch comes out. (patches need to come out frequently because again, there is always something broken). thousands of players will be able to find a lot more bugs then the group of testers would ever be able to, in a much quicker time.

There is a symbiosis between devs and players in finding bugs and reporting them for the devs to fix them, This is a bug and devs are working on fixing it.

2 minutes ago, Thallen said:

Every game ever has had bugs, no game will ever be 'perfect'. MMO's suffer even more than a normal game you'd play, the reason why is because the game is always adding stuff and changing existing things which causes stuff to break. (I don't know if you've ever coded before, but if you fix one problem 80 more appear) Every update/patch for MMO's will break something somewhere in the game.

That's just how MMO's are, and always will be. If you're too entitled to accept that you might not want to play MMO's anymore. 

Please forgive me for my honest oppinion, but I simply cannot comprehend as to why this whole MMO Scene has not evolved into something much better over the years. On the other hand, one thing to blame would be customers such as yourself, people that spend money for something but only get half of what they've paid for.
I have been an avid gamer for 10+ years now and have faced pretty much all of the issues that a newly released game can have, it's turning into something pathetic when you see the exact same issues over and over again over so many years.
I really don't understand why people that are obviously being ripped off, turn their heads and defend the provider. 

I hope we get at least a partial refund. I spent $125 for a three day "headstart", when actually the first day was an unplayable queue - and on day 2, we are finally able to transfer and an hour later we cant even play at all.

1 minute ago, Thallen said:

There is probably about 20, maybe 30 people testing patches before they roll out, they can only find so much before the deadline for the patch comes out. (patches need to come out frequently because again, there is always something broken). thousands of players will be able to find a lot more bugs then the group of testers would ever be able to, in a much quicker time.

There is a symbiosis between devs and players in finding bugs and reporting them for the devs to fix them, This is a bug and devs are working on fixing it.

But they stated that this is an issue with windows 8.1 and windows 10. Everyone on Windows 7 can log on. Meaning if they just tested it on a computer with windows 8.1 or windows 10 they would know that the patch doesn't work...........

1 minute ago, Thallen said:

not finding a bug which the 1st thing it does is not launching the game is quite odd dont u think

Only thing is I am not sure what might eventually happened if we use the Reddit solution to "roll-back" the pre-patch client when NCSoft eventually resolve the issue. Unless they copy what Reddit do? So subsequently may encounter other issues?

Just now, CT said:

Only thing is I am not sure what might eventually happened if we use the Reddit solution to "roll-back" the pre-patch client when NCSoft eventually resolve the issue. Unless they copy what Reddit do? So subsequently may encounter other issues?

When NCSoft finds a fix, Ill just put the patched client.exe back and delete the .bat

Archived